Hi all,
I've made a small test this afternoon ..tryed to simulate coil halve parameters on coilmaestro software and then realized the real halve using wire...
I already know that aren't good at all for DD so I decided using right that:
a DD halve... that is the same as dimensions and specs of Ivconic's last post
255x137mm , 100turns (the one for TX).
Ok... i've made calculations with coilmaestro and got the impossible value of
4.27mH for a round coil of same area of the halve I mean... obtained for a roundcoil of 206 mm inner diameter, wire 0.25 (30awg) and 100 turns for about 65meters length of wire.
Then I wounded it for real on a prepared wood support with nails... and of course results are quite different.
Got 5.62 mH inductance, giving me a freq. of 14.69Khz on TGS, R=23.1ohm !
Data from Ivconic are really accurate: I got just 90Hz difference from him... but difference is maybe due more to capacitors than wire differences!
So, if the coil is round the calculator is useful but for e.g. D-halve is very worse trying to simulate inductance using same area... error is too big.
I think there would be some general purpose calculator for shaped coils... but never saw so far...
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment: