Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ivconic have you made 38cm coil.The bigger brother of this coil housing that you show/and if so how much turns?/
    Thanks
    Not yet unregistered, i am waiting local supplier to get 0.3mm wire...next week maybe....I'll inform this forum about results..
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    Did you mean that I should solder 1M resistor to both ends of this diode?
    Or I should replace this that is next to it?
    Thanks
    Just solder the resistor leads upon the existing diode's leads.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    Did you mean that I should solder 1M resistor to both ends of this diode?
    Or I should replace this that is next to it?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    ivconic have you made 38cm coil.The bigger brother of this coil housing that you show/and if so how much turns?/
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Many constructors here never left workshop and tested their detectors under real conditions - huge mistake! I bet they will be very disapointed when see how hard is to work with unstable detectors on real soil, in real conditions.
    Respecting this i always first perform tests on real field than make some conclusions, later post some experiences....
    It is not rare to see reports about great "depths" aka distances gained in workshop, on the desk....Huh! Than when tested on the ground.......terrible results - nothing! When grounded good....all of the sudden no depth at all!?
    If grounding ever possible on those detectors....Heh,heh,heh!
    Real beauty is one single transistor in TX output....2N2907,BC327 or simillars....and than to make it work calm,stabile and to detect single coin over 30cm....Thats what i call good detector...
    Bye!
    Very true! The real testing in done in the field. It's easy to get fantastic "depth" on the bench in an air test, but outside .... nothing.
    In the local detector shop I have seen many demonstrations of the latest detectors. Incredible "depths" in air, but only with sensitivity set at maximum and no discrimination. In practice - unusable.
    Only a few detectors can boast good stable operation in real conditions.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks Max i ll do it and after that i ll post my expirence.
    Best regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Here it is ... D12, you have to put resistor in parallel to it.

    There isn't any pad for it... you have to solder e.g. on downside of PCB, or on diode's leads on the upperside.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • detectoman
    replied
    for tic tac
    hello brother tic tac
    messure gauge in wire is not equal=
    calibre is not same mm or milesim
    30mm or milesim, is not same what cal 30
    in you coils is not the messure equal, in ohms, wire cal, of wire in mm

    one metre, of thicknes wire, have most resistence in ohms, what one meter of wire not thickness eg' 10 ohms and 6 ohms
    thickness wire carry out lees power and produce most inductivity(atraction)

    cal,awg etc isnt mm= milesim

    best regards detectoman

    apologies bad english
    detectoman

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Max, can you post where is R55 on PCB scketch, cause i m not shure what to do. I only know that i must conenect 1M resistor parallel to D12.
    Sorry for asking a to basic question.

    Regards

    Nelson



    ... also using the R55=1M mod accross D12, tested it and works so good....
    Here it is ... D12, you have to put resistor in parallel to it.

    There isn't any pad for it... you have to solder e.g. on downside of PCB, or on diode's leads on the upperside.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Max, can you post where is R55 on PCB scketch, cause i m not shure what to do. I only know that i must conenect 1M resistor parallel to D12.
    Sorry for asking a to basic question.

    Regards

    Nelson



    ... also using the R55=1M mod accross D12, tested it and works so good....

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    Thanks for starting batteries tread.
    Can you told me what were the values for this 12cm OO coil that you have made?
    TX=?;RX=?;
    wire 0,25 without varnish/0,27 with varnish/
    Until I get good suply I will make coils..... ha-ha-ha.
    Hi,
    I've explained that all is in Ivconic's posts... read them all.

    No secrets, no magic numbers.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    Thanks for starting batteries tread.
    Can you told me what were the values for this 12cm OO coil that you have made?
    TX=?;RX=?;
    wire 0,25 without varnish/0,27 with varnish/
    Until I get good suply I will make coils..... ha-ha-ha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Max take a look at this;
    could this be used on TGSL? I am wandering....
    Took it from "gradiometer".....??? Already asked KT315 to translate some Russian words about this..."pitanie"...

    Hi,
    I think it's a VCO with buffers that directly drive the speaker (probably piezo like in table phones). Buffers are logic gates of 4001 (4x 2 input nor-gates).
    Result is a like square-wave at speaker like in some distorting push-pull end-stage.
    It's similar to what I meant for a good VCO, with common easy to find (4046) still today and cheap IC (around 60-70 eur-cents).

    The interesting part are external components used (cap. and resistor) for selecting the hi-frequency limit.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...

    About previous post...?
    I dont understand... But for sure i do not suggest strong TX either...To many drawbacks and few benefits..Like i said before; better is to sacrifice some depth due more stabillity on real field..
    Many constructors here never left workshop and tested their detectors under real conditions - huge mistake! I bet they will be very disapointed when see how hard is to work with unstable detectors on real soil, in real conditions.
    Respecting this i always first perform tests on real field than make some conclusions, later post some experiences....
    It is not rare to see reports about great "depths" aka distances gained in workshop, on the desk....Huh! Than when tested on the ground.......terrible results - nothing! When grounded good....all of the sudden no depth at all!?
    If grounding ever possible on those detectors....Heh,heh,heh!
    Real beauty is one single transistor in TX output....2N2907,BC327 or simillars....and than to make it work calm,stabile and to detect single coin over 30cm....Thats what i call good detector...
    Bye!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    VCO again...

    Max take a look at this;
    could this be used on TGSL? I am wandering....
    Took it from "gradiometer".....??? Already asked KT315 to translate some Russian words about this..."pitanie"...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    What do you mean by stronger NF signal?
    If you mean on that 1M resistor.....it is not only about stronger audio.
    Answer is yes, noticeable better sensitivity...
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what that NF is... but maybe he means RF signal (at tx coil). The way of getting more depth, pumping e.g. 100Vpp on tx
    but then detecting even grass.

    Who needs 100Vpp at TX ? I don't !

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X