Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Nelson,
    Its look like every TGS have its own aditut,no metter that we use the same parts,so keep on.You have very good results!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    HI,

    Hi,
    Max.
    The resistance with 141 and 150 is too high but the sound now is louder than the readings from my previous!
    So I will try as you say 120 and 135 and will fix this two new coils in housings and will be gone for some time to make real field tests.
    The surfice is covered with rocks and cant keep coil close to ground on MY HUNTING AREAS!!!
    But anyway no stupid questions for some time..........

    So wish me luck!I am shore that TGS will performe MUCH better then the chinees toy that I have.But I wanned to make IVCONICS 28DD too.......
    See you when I return.
    Be well!

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Nulling was set at 0.01 mV.
    May be my multimeter frequency counter is out of range, cauce is very strange that the coil that is measuring 19.2 Khz, have a good performance and the one that is showing 13.8 Khz is working bad.
    For my doubs i ll try another frequency counter to see if the frequency is ok.

    Thanks Max.

    Regards

    Nelson


    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    I think that if you get 13.8KHz your multimeter maybe measure inductance better than the professional inductance meter.

    TX 5.9 mH

    Is what I expect for frequency of 13.8KHz in Gsabre oscillator.

    I think that your problem with this coil is not in inductance that seems about the same of chart and the same I have... but in the nulling.

    I think your second coil isn't nulled well as first one... or that you have reversed leads respect to the right way.

    Check the null... then test, swap rx leads, and test again.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    I wind 141 turns and resistance is 27,7!!!!
    This is too high?
    Shell I wind back to 120 or leave like this and thry?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Lucy I can say.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    try first that...
    but I suggest TX=120turns RX=135turns gauge=0.25mm without varnish

    Maybe you matched inductance required using more turns... that could explain also that you got right resistances.

    I said before that wire gauge is not so important if you know what are you doing... (or are lucky).

    Best regards,
    Max

    Hi,
    Max.
    You advice me to try TX=120turns RX=135turns gauge=0.25mm without varnish for 22DD coil?Or for 25DD coil that I ask.
    Because its odd!Ivconic use TX=120turns RX=125turns gauge=0.25mm without varnish for his DD28!So its strange same turns different D why?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    I just start making Tx
    former size 19cm
    Tx=141
    Rx=150
    And wire is 0,25 without varnish.
    Will see
    What you thing on my previous coil with 0,32/ without varnis/ why its working without cap modfication?

    Hi,
    try first that...
    but I suggest TX=120turns RX=135turns gauge=0.25mm without varnish

    Maybe you matched inductance required using more turns... that could explain also that you got right resistances.

    I said before that wire gauge is not so important if you know what are you doing... (or are lucky).

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    I just start making Tx
    former size 19cm
    Tx=141
    Rx=150
    And wire is 0,25 without varnish.
    Will see
    What you thing on my previous coil with 0,32/ without varnis/ why its working without cap modfication?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    I mean 25cm diameter for former in D shape!Not O 25 cm!
    I read somewhere that its no good to change form.Its better to use former with right shape and wind directly/like IVCONIC/.
    And I found my mistake/its not my,but...../
    I have mesured my old wire and WOW 0,32 without the varnish!!!
    You have told me that even 0,30 is no good whats up for 0,32!!!!
    But the truth is that the coil is good!!/good in air I am shore that in soil will have bad performance as you say!/
    Why it perform well?
    But now I have 0,25 and will wind your 22cmDD coil.Because I am not shore how much turns for this NEW coil?
    I remember your advice but ..... still dont have good multimeter to chech frequency and inductance!
    For your 22DD and Ivconics 28DD I think will be more easy because I now how much turns.So thats why I ask you so many times.

    If I can help for housing or something else just tell me
    Thanks
    Hi,
    " mean 25cm diameter for former in D shape!Not O 25 cm!
    I read somewhere that its no good to change form.Its better to use former with right shape and wind directly/like IVCONIC/."

    You can do that way... using directly a D shaped former, or nails etc with right dimensions... or a round former or anything else.

    What's important is that you have at the end the shape required... and a tight wound.

    Performances are not influenced by upon which you wound them... but by how they are at the end.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    I mean 25cm diameter for former in D shape!Not O 25 cm!
    I read somewhere that its no good to change form.Its better to use former with right shape and wind directly/like IVCONIC/.
    And I found my mistake/its not my,but...../
    I have mesured my old wire and WOW 0,32 without the varnish!!!
    You have told me that even 0,30 is no good whats up for 0,32!!!!
    But the truth is that the coil is good!!/good in air I am shore that in soil will have bad performance as you say!/
    Why it perform well?
    But now I have 0,25 and will wind your 22cmDD coil.Because I am not shore how much turns for this NEW coil?
    I remember your advice but ..... still dont have good multimeter to chech frequency and inductance!
    For your 22DD and Ivconics 28DD I think will be more easy because I now how much turns.So thats why I ask you so many times.

    If I can help for housing or something else just tell me
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    Excuse me I have make a frustration here.
    The 28cm coil housing someone measure outer diameter not the winding that can be put in!The space if for 25cm in inner diameter/former size/ ,and 27 the outher diameter.
    Hi tiktak,
    don't worry... no problems.
    Thanks for the kindly offer about housings, I have some spare too here... was just curiosity.

    I've tryed to get some from one dealer some time ago but I cannot get them cause the dealer sleeps hard on the keyboard I think... anyway.

    25cm I mean external diameter of the whole DD coil. It's total circumference.

    I think a good number of turns is around 110 for it... calculation is not easy... you have to wound a bit more turns... then cut some away to get right inductance and so frequency on tx oscillator (14Khz).
    Then add say 10turns to the rx coil... that's all.


    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Today i measure inductance of my first 22 cms coil, with a professional inductance meter and this shows the following:

    TX 6.025 mH RX 7.010 mH

    With a multimiter

    TX 3.8 RX 4.6 mH

    Problem is that 3.8 and 4.6 values are ok for good deep, but out of range and also frequency is 19.2 Khz, not 14.Khz. But if you consider that values taken wit the pro inductance, this are fine to.
    So if i measure my second coil, that by now is not working good, this shows:

    With pro inductance meter

    TX 8.6 mH RX 9.1 mH

    With multimiter

    TX 5.9 mH RX 6.4 mH

    This is very confising, cause if you see, the second coil fits a frequency of 13.8 Khz, very close to the original but not working good and the good coil that is running at 19.2 Khz, works very good.

    What do you think?

    Regards

    Nelson
    Hi,
    I think that if you get 13.8KHz your multimeter maybe measure inductance better than the professional inductance meter.

    TX 5.9 mH

    Is what I expect for frequency of 13.8KHz in Gsabre oscillator.

    I think that your problem with this coil is not in inductance that seems about the same of chart and the same I have... but in the nulling.

    I think your second coil isn't nulled well as first one... or that you have reversed leads respect to the right way.

    Check the null... then test, swap rx leads, and test again.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    ToTik Tak

    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    What do you mean.I now man learn until he die!
    But in what order of toughts you tall this?
    Did you point me a mistake or what?
    What I will say,we all make mistakes,thats not bad,we can learn from it.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    Excuse me I have make a frustration here.
    The 28cm coil housing someone measure outer diameter not the winding that can be put in!The space if for 25cm in inner diameter/former size/ ,and 27 the outher diameter.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    What do you mean.I now man learn until he die!
    But in what order of toughts you tall this?
    Did you point me a mistake or what?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X