Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Hi all,
    found another little mistake (?) or , well, maybe just a difference between schematic and PCB:

    - IN SCHEMATIC: in last op. amplifier before BC517 I've noticed that between PIN6 and GND there is a 33K resistor
    - IN PCB: that resistor is labeled 2K2

    I think that it was intentional to give more power in audio stage, not really a mistake (cause detector must work also with 2K2, and increased gain)...
    but just another difference !

    Who made that increase in last op. amp. gain ? Who knows ?

    Unfortunately I have too few time to test my (almost finished) GS now... but wait till next week! Damn!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Thanks,
    Max!
    You have save me time.
    I will have to wate for wire!
    So I will go full around with this coil that I have.
    Hi tiktak,
    if you ran out of wire you could maybe dismantle something to get it...
    if don't want wait for "new" if you don't find there locally.

    Do you know anyone that is in the pinball business ??? If so belive me you'll ever find the wire you need. I have a friend that is in the business and interested in MD too... and he gave me a number of solenoids from old pinballs, lot of good copper wire for free!

    I've one of my coils now from an old "LETAL WEAPON 3" pinball of DATAEAST!

    Other stuff where you can find some wire are dc or ac motors (some have unlocked wounds that you can easy recover) , tv e.g. degauss coils, deflection sets, old transformers, old relays you could find e.g. even in cars electric stuff ...and a thousand of other places!

    I have a good storage of "new" wire... but used much of that stuff for experiments on coils, even with extremely good results.

    Wire is wire! No need to know if first was in motor or solenoid... if it suits you needs you could make very good coils with it.

    Only thing needed is a good micrometer to measure it and be sure of gauge.

    I think that is also a positive recicle activity cause most of times this wire would be thrown in the environment instead of reuse it!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Thanks,
    Max!
    You have save me time.
    I will have to wate for wire!
    So I will go full around with this coil that I have.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Max,
    Sorry for the boring question again,I now that you told me that this is no good!But you have told also that what you can do with 0,25 can do with 0,23;0,24;0,30.........
    So I have only 0,20 now!So tell me how much turns to try for 19cm former diameter?
    I now that you are curies too.
    I will make this and post.

    Hi tiktak,
    what you can do with 0.25mm you can do also with 0.24 or 0,28... or even 0.30mm. I can say you that I've realized coils with many gauges from 30AWG (0.25mm) up to 0.30mm: all worked well, at the end, on bandidoII.
    But what you ask is not possible cause 0.20 have too much resistivity to get a good number of turns for good inductance and keeping resistance in the good range. Too low gauge in this case.
    Just waste of time.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    I used a 16 ohms phones to drive sound and is working excellent. I think that 8 ohms is not rigth. The rest of components i thinks are ok.
    Anyway, try to request more information from Ivconic or Max that are the masters of TGS.

    Regards and good luck

    Nelson


    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Only differances in my TGS are that I used 5,1p insted of 5,0p caps and replaced LF353 with TL082!Everything else is the same!
    I have made 28 cm coil with 0,30 and 115 turns for both coils.I can measure only resistanse for now with my multimeter but ist 18,5 ohms for both.
    This cap that you have mistaked is this 15n cap just next to RX coil conections to the PCB?
    I use 15n for this.My speacer is 8 ohm maybe this is the reason?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Nice work IVCONIC almost double depth!!!!
    Great work!
    The worst thing is that I cant find LM566!!!
    For now!
    But can you also post somethig like modification or adding to normal TGS.
    Like small pcb that can be added to already finished TGS with nothc?
    PLEASE

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Max,
    Sorry for the boring question again,I now that you told me that this is no good!But you have told also that what you can do with 0,25 can do with 0,23;0,24;0,30.........
    So I have only 0,20 now!So tell me how much turns to try for 19cm former diameter?
    I now that you are curies too.
    I will make this and post.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Only differances in my TGS are that I used 5,1p insted of 5,0p caps and replaced LF353 with TL082!Everything else is the same!
    I have made 28 cm coil with 0,30 and 115 turns for both coils.I can measure only resistanse for now with my multimeter but ist 18,5 ohms for both.
    This cap that you have mistaked is this 15n cap just next to RX coil conections to the PCB?
    I use 15n for this.My speacer is 8 ohm maybe this is the reason?

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi tiktak

    22 cms underground for a 1 cm coin, with 19 cm coil.
    This is my first coil, that is not the best one, cause it lacks on inductance and resistance values, this are not close to needed ones, so i need to finish my 22 cm coil that now needs only to be assembled and null.
    Also let me know what are your difficulties with it, cause i also had some troubles that now i corrected, like placing the wrong cap value on the RX coil, so this made my GS working unstable and with very low sensitivity. Now is doing an excellent work and only need a good coil to perform better.

    Regards

    Nelson


    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Nelson.What is the depth you have reached?For 1cm coin?
    With wich coil did you test?
    I still have some difficulties with making this work well!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Nelson.What is the depth you have reached?For 1cm coin?
    With wich coil did you test?
    I still have some difficulties with making this work well!

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi, i m afraid to said this but my TGS is overrating my new ace 250. I know that ace 250 is a bigginers machine, but i did´t new that until i compared with TGS. Yesterday i went to the same park that my ace hit a few weeks ago and now i found more coins on the same place with my TGS. Of course this coins where detected deeper than my ace did.
    What can i said...excellent machine. I can wait to see how it will perform after i finish and assembled my 22 cms coil.
    The only think i noted is that i need to regulate GB, cause in some ground the detectors sounds intermitent and in some other fields does not.

    Thanks guys

    Best regards

    Nelson


    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Nelson,
    congratulations: I'm happy cause your detector is working better now.

    Yes, the TL081 would be Ok, also in analog crossref tables is indicated as direct LM308 replacement.

    Also other parts are OK.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Would be the best thing if you (Nihil) and Max shake hands and stop with this. No reason for that. I have very good friend (you all know him) who was pain in the *** here very often...Hardly managed to persuade him to stop....
    If RObert could...why cant you?
    Very BEST regards to both of you!
    Thanks in advance!

    Hi ivconic,
    yes i know. You are right.
    No reason of continuos bugging here ! Even if often is funny task with people like that...

    I've offered Nihil stopping the "BS war" here
    cause I don't want push him too much... etc

    But he's blind and have no patents!

    He said I've discovered tantalium caps right now... that I can't null well coils that I made mistakes on my PCBs, you see his latest post above.

    So he's trying to discredit me here and provoking my reactions.

    What I have to do ?
    I'll continue responding to his posts using a bit of irony... I'm sure that he could detect the level of BS we reached (25 meters) here with his metal detector from SA, but maybe don't care cause, at the end, it's just another nickname of same people.

    So also if banned from here he'll continue keeping the business on with other nicknames... and raising some more piles.

    At the end his scope is provoking me like with RObert... hope that I'll swap irony and sarcasm with wrongs, offenses and personal insults... to gain my ban !

    But I'm very controlled person, don't fall into his traps apart some comics.

    Old games, old players... as I've said.

    No problems for me. (even if banned )

    Kind regards,
    Max

    BTW:

    FOR NIHIL:
    WHERE ARE YOUR PATENTS ? WHERE ARE PHOTO OF DEVICE ? WHERE ARE DEFINITIONS AND REFS FOR IT ? WHAT'S MODEL / BRAND ?

    YOU REMAIN THE MASTER OF CLOWNS
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Shake hands!

    Would be the best thing if you (Nihil) and Max shake hands and stop with this. No reason for that. I have very good friend (you all know him) who was pain in the *** here very often...Hardly managed to persuade him to stop....
    If RObert could...why cant you?
    Very BEST regards to both of you!
    Thanks in advance!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Wrong place

    Originally posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
    These days, mostly using my previous experiences I null coils without mich of instruments.ALready established proper method, so it is subjective. For you is best to obey Max's hints about nulling.

    Ivconic, because you're professional.


    Max's hints about nulling.

    What??? Is this a bad joke???







    Please don't choke us any more. This isn't place for you. Go on remote sensing and discuss with your friends.Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
    These days, mostly using my previous experiences I null coils without mich of instruments.ALready established proper method, so it is subjective. For you is best to obey Max's hints about nulling.

    Ivconic, because you're professional.


    Max's hints about nulling.

    What??? Is this a bad joke???

    Hi Nihil,
    Oh yeah,

    YOUR METAL DETECTOR CAN DETECT A COIN ON SURFACE SOIL FROM METERS AWAY.

    You're the master (of CLOWNS).

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X