Originally posted by nelson
View Post
I think you have done a good work... lots of experiments with more and less turns, lots of readings of their values and that's ok. Also that's ok that tightening the windings you get higher inductance... and also when you add the al shield. Everything fine.
"** I tested the coils and after i found the nulling point i got 22 cms for a 14 mm coin on air"
good result, but I think you could tune it better...
What about coin , wich metal it is ? Alloy ?
Some little tricks are related to shield. Have you tested coils without it ?
If so, what's detection range for same coin ? It's kitchen al roll or something else (I've noticed that aluminium/mylar is better , due to less metal content, but hard to find)?
Other issue is the overlapping zone shape and wideness. What about ? Parallel overlapping or oval ? How many millimeters between two windings at center ?
When you nulled what's the peak-to-peak voltage at RX (dumped)?
I think that with good tuning you could gain some cms.
Best regards,
Max

can't find stuff. Wich picture ??? Sasho's circuit picture...?
Leave a comment: