Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    O.K.
    I already made two G.Sabre's and two S.Sabre's so far.Wanted to know how those are working.
    Also made few coils for those. Already posted some of experiences with coils.
    I want to "establish" one and only good schematic and from now one to make only that.
    Much experiments so far. After dozen different projects i choose Tesoro Golden Sabre to be
    my favorite detector to build. Why? Simply, all real functions that prospector need on
    field G.Sabre already comprehend. Discrimination is so good, it can fully discriminate
    foil, iron.....what man can wish more?
    Depth is great! Maybe i had luck to calculate and make quite proper coil for it, but my
    experiences are so good...much better than some posted previously on this forum. Already
    made few identical coils, just to check if i can make those as standard....It was not lucky
    guess or coincidence, yes i got it for good!
    Also noticed that G.Sabre is for real much better than S.Sabre. Greater depth even 30%.
    Solution with 4024 turns to be more effective than 7660...? Why, i dont know. It seems that
    all stages in device are better synchronized if dependable on main oscillator frequency.
    So i rearranged schematic and cut out "notch" part, so pcb would be as smallest as possiblle.
    I also rechecked schematic and previous pcb...? Except those 2 resistors(4k7) in chopper and
    one missvalued capacitor(15pF) i dont see any other mistake. 4148 diode at LM393 output
    ("Sense" stage) is not reversed??? I think somebody claimed here that it is reversed.
    I never tried to reverse it and see....Made my detectors according to posted pcb and those are
    working good.
    So here is Golden Sabre "light" schematic. I hope it is accurate. Checked few times....
    Next step is to draw small, one-sided pcb for it....Why one-sided? I prefer one-sided pcbs.
    No conditions for metalized holes in pcb's so i mostly do one-sided..
    Also most of my pcb's i draw manually with thin marker.It is much easier to draw single-sided.
    But there is another problem! Huge problem! Mountain problem!
    I do have DXP,Eagle,ExpressPCB,SprintLayout....but still do not have enough paraxis and knowledge
    to draw good pcb with those..Already learned to input schematics.But when comes to pcb i
    really do not have nervs to torture myself with those software. Already tried hundred times and
    at the end, my final pcb's sucks! DXP is very strange! Making its own nets and connections from
    time to time. Eagle is even more stupid. ExpressPCB is simple and stupid, almost like drawing
    manually....To many parameters to input and to be considered. Lost eneormous time even for
    simple designs. At the end final draw is not what i wanted - not perfect.Many lacks.
    That's way i decided to give up of those and let more conversant people to do the job.
    I fully recomend this project to everybody interested.
    No need for "high phylosophy", no need for "high tech" projects.At the end all those are very
    close when comes to performances. This schematic associate all merits which one good detector
    must have...


    Hi Ivconic,

    I believe there is an error in your schematic in the Ground Balance and Discriminator sections (U102a and U102b). Both R21 and R24 should be connected to the positive supply rail and not 0V. The LM393 is a comparator with an open-collector output. Note that you do have U106a and U106b connected correctly, with the outputs wire-OR'ed and tied to +5V via R41.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Coil details, please?

    Hello Ivconic- You have given so much to these forums already and I'm glad to hear of so much good luck with Golden Sabre - but I am wondering: I read before where you were swearing by results of OO coil. Is that what you are still using?

    Some details were a little vague - for instance - you said to use no ground connection to coil at the receiver.

    Q: Is receiver coil totally floating (I can see why that would work because of differential amplifier U101a), or, is connection to ground made within search-head?

    AND, about cable lead-ins: Do you use differential cable run - twinax or dual coax to receiver, or is lead-in a single coax?

    Then, there's the Faraday shielding (but I don't want to wear you out).

    These are tricky and contentious issues so I'm sure any details you can give will be much appreciated and digested over and over.
    Thanks!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    ... and there must be certainly loading resistor parallely to the diod.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    i dont see any other mistake. 4148 diode at LM393 output
    ("Sense" stage) is not reversed???


    mine vision, what must be here.
    regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Light or diet?


    O.K.
    I already made two G.Sabre's and two S.Sabre's so far.Wanted to know how those are working.
    Also made few coils for those. Already posted some of experiences with coils.
    I want to "establish" one and only good schematic and from now one to make only that.
    Much experiments so far. After dozen different projects i choose Tesoro Golden Sabre to be
    my favorite detector to build. Why? Simply, all real functions that prospector need on
    field G.Sabre already comprehend. Discrimination is so good, it can fully discriminate
    foil, iron.....what man can wish more?
    Depth is great! Maybe i had luck to calculate and make quite proper coil for it, but my
    experiences are so good...much better than some posted previously on this forum. Already
    made few identical coils, just to check if i can make those as standard....It was not lucky
    guess or coincidence, yes i got it for good!
    Also noticed that G.Sabre is for real much better than S.Sabre. Greater depth even 30%.
    Solution with 4024 turns to be more effective than 7660...? Why, i dont know. It seems that
    all stages in device are better synchronized if dependable on main oscillator frequency.
    So i rearranged schematic and cut out "notch" part, so pcb would be as smallest as possiblle.
    I also rechecked schematic and previous pcb...? Except those 2 resistors(4k7) in chopper and
    one missvalued capacitor(15pF) i dont see any other mistake. 4148 diode at LM393 output
    ("Sense" stage) is not reversed??? I think somebody claimed here that it is reversed.
    I never tried to reverse it and see....Made my detectors according to posted pcb and those are
    working good.
    So here is Golden Sabre "light" schematic. I hope it is accurate. Checked few times....
    Next step is to draw small, one-sided pcb for it....Why one-sided? I prefer one-sided pcbs.
    No conditions for metalized holes in pcb's so i mostly do one-sided..
    Also most of my pcb's i draw manually with thin marker.It is much easier to draw single-sided.
    But there is another problem! Huge problem! Mountain problem!
    I do have DXP,Eagle,ExpressPCB,SprintLayout....but still do not have enough paraxis and knowledge
    to draw good pcb with those..Already learned to input schematics.But when comes to pcb i
    really do not have nervs to torture myself with those software. Already tried hundred times and
    at the end, my final pcb's sucks! DXP is very strange! Making its own nets and connections from
    time to time. Eagle is even more stupid. ExpressPCB is simple and stupid, almost like drawing
    manually....To many parameters to input and to be considered. Lost eneormous time even for
    simple designs. At the end final draw is not what i wanted - not perfect.Many lacks.
    That's way i decided to give up of those and let more conversant people to do the job.
    I fully recomend this project to everybody interested.
    No need for "high phylosophy", no need for "high tech" projects.At the end all those are very
    close when comes to performances. This schematic associate all merits which one good detector
    must have...


    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    I asked same question before ..

    ultimate please write about test..
    erol

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I am noob,but I see that there are two 10k potentiometers with switch!
    Noth and Sens!This mean two switces!
    And
    ALLMETAL/DISC switch!
    AND when in DISC : NOTH ACCEPT/REJECT!
    This realy are 4!
    As I look at other tesoros:they have two ,two dimension switches and as here sens with switch and noth with switch!But its conected when in ALLMETAL mode to use NOTH ACCEPT/REJECT switch as PINPOINT/BATTERY CHECK????
    Am I right and if not PLEASE EXPLAIN the simplyest way!
    Thanks
    p.s.can you see the paint picture and tell me how to conect?
    This Y point is not marked?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    to Leto

    Hello,
    now I confuse even more~!!First 4 switches,now Only one double pole switch?
    Please explain???
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    ...

    Originally Posted by Ultimate_Haze
    Hello,
    So you miss something again!
    I need 2 X 10k lin. whit switch sens and noth
    2 X 2 pole 2-way switch allmetals/discr ; accept/reject
    This give 4 switches!!!
    But how to conect I will draw a new schema and will post it!
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Leto
    Potentiometers are all Linear.
    Disc 100K
    Sens 10K
    Notch 10K
    you need also 4 switches

    Only one double pole switch is needed!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    to Leto

    Hello,
    So you miss something again!
    I need 2 X 10k lin. whit switch sens and noth
    2 X 2 pole 2-way switch allmetals/discr ; accept/reject
    This give 4 switches!!!
    But how to conect I will draw a new schema and will post it!
    Thanks


    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    ...

    Hi Ultimate..

    Sorry for confusion..
    You can use separate switches for ON/OFF (power) and ON/OFF (notch)
    as I do.
    Or you can use them combined with potentiometers - this is better as there are less knobs on front-panel then.
    switches should be single-pole except the switch ALL-MET/DISC should be double pole.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can I use BC107 insted of BF245C???
    Hi,
    IMO yes you could, but why ??? It'll never work !

    No...you can't. BC107 is a bipolar npn junction transistor. BF245 (and tis75) is field effect transistor, that mean it's another film.
    You could use other small signal FETs n-type, or a 4066 IC (but you have to interface it to suit there) or some small newer mosfet too.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Can...

    Can I use BC107 insted of BF245C???

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    to Leto

    Hello,
    Leto!
    What are those switches?
    I have looked at aansluit.tif file,but still cant get it!
    Please help again!

    This switch on points N and O arent they part of A,B,C/sens/?
    I mean shouldn't sens be 10k lin. potentiometer whit switch?

    Please explain can get it???!?!?!?
    What is the point?









    Hi Ultimate Haze:
    resistors you are asking are 22ohm, 100ohm
    Potentiometers are all Linear.
    Disc 100K
    Sens 10K
    Notch 10K
    you need also 4 switches (look for file aansluit.tif)

    GND potentiometer can be made for front panel (connect instead 100k trimmer on PCB near 100pF capacitator - look at schematics)

    Ultimate nice to know you by "real" name

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    to Leto

    Hello,
    Thanks for your help!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X