What was the frequency and inductance of your tx?
FIRST RULE. inductance TX under the frequency. you must get 12-14 kHz. no inductance itself for self -!! JUST for frequency.
do it.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
My friend, you are telling me how you balanced the coil, I want a complete explanation, please help meOriginally posted by cristiano.sar View PostYesterday morning I just balanced my coil and it worked perfectly and glued it with fast glue to the casing to keep it in place. Although, at night, I put resin on it and today I connected it to the detector and it just keeps beeping. Maybe the resin unbalanced the coil (moved the coils inside the box) or may be due to the resin is not fully dried yet and it influences the balance?
Next time I will probably not use resin this way.
[ATTACH]58097[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]58098[/ATTACH]
Thanks.
What was the frequency and inductance of your tx?
What was the frequency and inductance of your rx? How did you null?? Tell me from beginning to end
How did you adjust the scope??
What did you set the time/div to??
How many did you set the volt/div tx and rx to??
How does this shift happen under what conditions??
No matter what I do, I can't get 20 degree phase difference through lm358 pin 5!!
Leave a comment:
-
do you see "8" coil there like Cx in this pic?Originally posted by mostafalesnar91 View Post[ATTACH]58100[/ATTACH]Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by mostafalesnar91 View Post1.4*20ms=28. 1/28=0.035*1000=35khz
why??
shouldn't it show 14.5khz???
20us time/div false or true???
5 vol/div tx false or true??
10 mv vol/div rx false or true???
[ATTACH]58099[/ATTACH]
Leave a comment:
-
you did BIG mistake. you vastly increased weight of coil by resin. now your coil is just a garbage.
Leave a comment:
-
Yesterday morning I just balanced my coil and it worked perfectly and glued it with fast glue to the casing to keep it in place. Although, at night, I put resin on it and today I connected it to the detector and it just keeps beeping. Maybe the resin unbalanced the coil (moved the coils inside the box) or may be due to the resin is not fully dried yet and it influences the balance?
Next time I will probably not use resin this way.
Thanks.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
If making tgsl is hard then try to build eldorado first, I suggest. Tgsl coil also work for eldorado. Goodluck. Oh ya making coil, nulling, cap resonace also ground balance, is hard part. Took time, many reading! Almost forgot JFET type is crucial. If possible, I took KT advice buying after market coil will help a lot.
Leave a comment:
-
Mohandes ktOriginally posted by kt315 View Postgood way to get VLF coil balanced waltr. i give you step by step manual.
1. do PI barracuda.
2. find a gold
3. sell the gold and get your money
4. buy tesoro coil on the cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXekPQ9CEw
I'm sorry you couldn't get the tgsl coil to work, paying money and buying a ready-made coil is not worth it, you should try to make one yourself.
Leave a comment:
-
Tell me something, preference with inductance or frequencyOriginally posted by waltr View PostGetting proper coil nul has multiple requirements.
1- Ensure NO METAL is within a couple of meter of the coils.
2- The Inductance of each coil is critical. The TX and RX coils and NOT the same.
For the TGSL ( & Sabre) First connect the TX coil to the TX OSCILLATOR. Adjust coil turns (inductance) to obtain the correct resonant frequency. Then disconnect and connect the RX Coil. Adjust turns for the correct frequency which is NOT the same as the TX coil. For the TGLS the TX oscillates at 14.5kHz and without changing the Oscillator circuit the RX coil at 13.9kHz.
This difference in resonance is REQUIRED to obtain the proper Phase shift and null which then gets the GB and Discrimination circuits to properly work.
Last, the amount of movement between the two coil to get the null and proper phase shift is tiny. Think of small factions of a mm.
This can be done with or without shielding and I've done it with aluminum foil and graphic shielding. Difference was the foil shiled very slightly reduced to sentivity distance.
Very good documentation of the TGSL building is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/dbcoilshells/home
Which of these two must be correct? Why didn't you say anything about u103 lm358 pin 5? This IC is responsible for adjusting the 20 degree shift spectrum. Of course, I tried it, but this is my test results.
Leave a comment:
-
good way to get VLF coil balanced waltr. i give you step by step manual.
1. do PI barracuda.
2. find a gold
3. sell the gold and get your money
4. buy tesoro coil on the cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXekPQ9CEw
Leave a comment:
-
Getting proper coil nul has multiple requirements.
1- Ensure NO METAL is within a couple of meter of the coils.
2- The Inductance of each coil is critical. The TX and RX coils and NOT the same.
For the TGSL ( & Sabre) First connect the TX coil to the TX OSCILLATOR. Adjust coil turns (inductance) to obtain the correct resonant frequency. Then disconnect and connect the RX Coil. Adjust turns for the correct frequency which is NOT the same as the TX coil. For the TGLS the TX oscillates at 14.5kHz and without changing the Oscillator circuit the RX coil at 13.9kHz.
This difference in resonance is REQUIRED to obtain the proper Phase shift and null which then gets the GB and Discrimination circuits to properly work.
Last, the amount of movement between the two coil to get the null and proper phase shift is tiny. Think of small factions of a mm.
This can be done with or without shielding and I've done it with aluminum foil and graphic shielding. Difference was the foil shiled very slightly reduced to sentivity distance.
Very good documentation of the TGSL building is here:
Leave a comment:
-

Leave a comment: