Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sdesic
    replied
    BTW my GB trimmer is used every time to change - reject ferrite and to accept silver coin
    at this moment it is over half to right
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GB.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	341427

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Changed few caps in place of 15nF (RX)
    Nothing gained there. I have a lot of EM fields close by.
    Returned to stock 15nF

    Changed LF353 to NE5532 and at start it was better... minute after that EM kicked in
    must try this in fallout shelter ... too much EM fields
    I did not change 4k7 resistors yet to 1k

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    >Leave TX alone does not have to be dead on frequency
    OK

    >Some depth can normally be gained by playing with the RX caps
    will try 15nF - now 10nF

    >Just make sure that disc and ground balance still work.
    Every time I do it from start... GB trimmer @ middle

    >If you get the shape of the the two coils identical you can get a better null which also helps for depth.
    >Worth playing around as I normally get around an extra 5 cm ish optimizing my coil
    they are wound on Don's template, so they are same as can they be

    >Sometimes it can help if a small piece of iron or copper is attached to the coil near the cross over watch the scope trace on the RX and go for best null
    I would like to see that screens before and after
    I don't understand it, my traces are few post before this - too technical for me
    I am doing only 0,04mV AC part

    >Normally you only get about the coil diameter in depth for a medium coin in the soil so you are not so far off already.
    OK, my coils fits 27.5 enclosure

    >On my IDX I have built several coils one goes to 40 cm air test and another 35 cm Prefer the 35 cm as more stable and there is not 5 cm difference in real ground
    I don't see any field test - coin bed on internet so I can compare
    Looked few commercial detector videos ... terrible results
    Air test is OK but in ground ... or wet sand it looses half

    >Shielding is another thing. Not having much successes with my latest builds. Still working on them.
    my shielding is mylar - space blanket strips

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by sdesic View Post
    Finished second DD coil for my second TGSL kit.
    Standard 30 cm for 1 EURO coin indoors with sens at 3/4.
    What can I change to gain more depth ?

    RX and TX caps ... to adjust freq.
    15 nF (it is 10nF now) and 22nF and 220 nF ?

    RX 6.5mH 25.8 Ohm - tried to be on that value - extra few turns
    TX 6.0mH 24.5 Ohm
    Leave TX alone does not have to be dead on frequency

    Some depth can normally be gained by playing with the RX caps

    Just make sure that disc and ground balance still work.

    If you get the shape of the the two coils identical you can get a better null which also helps for depth.

    Worth playing around as I normally get around an extra 5 cm ish optimizing my coil

    Sometimes it can help if a small piece of iron or copper is attached to the coil near the cross over watch the scope trace on the RX and go for best null

    Normally you only get about the coil diameter in depth for a medium coin in the soil so you are not so far off already.

    On my IDX I have built several coils one goes to 40 cm air test and another 35 cm Prefer the 35 cm as more stable and there is not 5 cm difference in real ground

    Shielding is another thing. Not having much successes with my latest builds. Still working on them.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    OK, ebay is good place to find them... but I don't have 15 days for delivery
    I will try to find them closer and will try with ne5532

    Can you comment my oscilloscope screens ?
    I have tried basic nulling with voltmeter and then I half hot glued coils.
    Did not use oscilloscope for phase ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    NJM2068 is a superb dual op amp that beats far more expensive ones in almost all aspects, and is very cheap - provided you find them.
    Pinouts are the same.
    Replacing 4k7 with 1k when you replace LF353 with a less noisy chip will both improve noise, and increase gain, while loading a coil a bit more, so your GB and Disc positions will slightly change, but you'll get more depth. If you keep LF353 the resistors may stay, as the LF353 is noisier than 4k7

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    In case your front end preamp is LF353 you can gain some depth by replacing it with a better chip, my favourite is NJM2068, but NE5532 will do. You may want to replace the 4k7 resistors there with 1k resistors.
    Try to get NJM2068 as it is much better regarding THD.
    I have few NE5532 so I will try with one... Do I need to make changes ? Pinouts are same ?
    Never heard of NJM2068

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Screencaps
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tx and rx.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	341413
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tx and pin7 u101 LF353.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	341414
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tx and gate of tr5.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	341415

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    In case your front end preamp is LF353 you can gain some depth by replacing it with a better chip, my favourite is NJM2068, but NE5532 will do. You may want to replace the 4k7 resistors there with 1k resistors.
    Try to get NJM2068 as it is much better regarding THD.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Finished second DD coil for my second TGSL kit.
    Standard 30 cm for 1 EURO coin indoors with sens at 3/4.
    What can I change to gain more depth ?

    RX and TX caps ... to adjust freq.
    15 nF (it is 10nF now) and 22nF and 220 nF ?

    RX 6.5mH 25.8 Ohm - tried to be on that value - extra few turns
    TX 6.0mH 24.5 Ohm

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    I found some MAX667 LDO's that I'm going to use on my TGSL.
    The big thing about these is they are adjustable! So I can run
    the TGSL at 7v from a 9v battery! Nice!



    The original 8v LDO I used was a 1.5 amp device and used 10ma by itself
    this one is 20 microamps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Well reducing the 1meg in the first filters to 470k is a start.
    The original had a small TX 8.X volts as I remember so adding
    the FET stabilizer will tone the TX down.

    These designs are sensitive to TX and RX changes. I'd recommend
    building as per original schematics before doing any mods.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	TrueValuesOriginalTGSL.gif
Views:	2
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	341397

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Originally posted by paku View Post
    this is commercial detector
    all will be silent with this project
    You can try to find manual how to convert TGSL EDU to regular TGSL.
    It has less amplification as I recall - so stable detector and probably same depth.

    Looking for TGSL field test video - test coin bed.
    Anyone ?

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    this is commercial detector
    all will be silent with this project

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Null phase
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	341359
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	341360

    U101 and gate or TR5

    With lot of EM fields.
    If I get metal close to coil it clears - sine wave.

    Only coil shield (USB cable shield and coil shield - mylar) is on GND and one of two wires TX (from PCB)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X