Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    April ?


    April 1st or what?
    Unregistered thanks for tips; dont know about else, but you coil hint must be april joke....?! Or what?

    So i made G.Sabre, it works better than expected. I turn to coils last two days. First i made Unregistered coil and.....nothing - april joke....
    I made several c.c.coils and still nothing - average depth with instabillity....
    At the ebd i switched to double O coil and success!!!
    Like it was with Classic 3, same with G.Sabre, best coils ever i made were doyble O coils for both machines.
    You may trust me or not, i cant help it, but i'll give up from any other type of coil and from now one make only OO coils....much smaller in diammeter but much,much better! Stabillity superb!
    Tip for G.Sabre OO coil:
    Just wind so many turns on TX to get needed frequency, for example 14 kHz....Same with RX coil but wind few more turns to avoid complete resonance....lets say 13.2 kHz.....Put both coils to Alu foil....connect both foils togather and on TX gnd pin - do not connect RX on gnd at all! Avoid that! No matter schematic (wrong)....And you have best coil ever!
    Regards!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    If you use plastic 2n2222 or 2n2907 look at its pin config !
    For the fet you can use 2n4393 now for 0.45 eurocent at Pollin Germany http://www.pollin.de/shop/shop.php -> transistors div.
    Look also for sharp prices at Reichelt in Germany.
    This is Not ment as advetisment ! hope you can get al you need at sharp prices.

    As for the coil look at the mail from MAX from Mars,( where on Eart this my BE ? ) the coil will also work for the golden, the caps in the bandido an golden make the differents in working freq. 10-12-14 Khz

    Also look at the opencenter specs. IT works !

    Good Luck

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Yes, it works, You can trust a Dutchman..
    And of course Tesoro....!

    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    My Bull****!!!


    Yes it was Bull****.....but my Bull****!!!
    I found out! I took 2N2907 from scraped pcb,without checking; it turns it was burned previously!??? Since dont have another, i put BC557 just for testing.....and....it is ALIVE AND KICKING !!!! HUUURAAAAH!!!
    Resoldered J107 fets back to its places and all WORKS PERFECT!!!!
    Just like Leto explained!
    Bravo! Good pcb! Working device at last!
    Shhheeeesh!
    I am so tired right now, go to sleep......be back when awake!
    Bue and regards!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    Originally Posted by ivconic
    About G.Sabre; NOT WORKING!
    Same problem as Leto's; not oscillating....I changed several coils - nothing!
    I have doubts in fet's i put, J107....I dont have originals, neither BF245c or simillar, so i put J107....Not same pin assignments as BF... maybe i made some other mistakes....who knows?
    I have +8.23V and instead minus i have +0.78V.....
    At one moment resistor 22 ohms burned (at audio output)....previously i put 8ohm speaker.....maybe because of that? So i added few ohms in series with speaker.....calm...but the rest not working!
    I put ordinary 2n2222 in plastic cases, 2N2907 also in plastic cases...is there problem?
    Instead ZD4V2 i put ZD4V7.....? I dont beleive this is problem....
    Later i replaced J107 with BF245B...but since i had only 2 of them i replaced those in oscillator and chopper for minus....Others omitted just to test these two stages and nothing! Same as with J107...?
    Coils....i checked TX with several various coils - various inductances,resistances....same - nothing!?
    I am tired.....continue tomorrow with this bull****...
    regards!
    Hi Ivconic,
    Golden Sabre will work for sure,..
    I had identical problem, circuit not oscillating -->
    had to hook on Tx coil with following params. to get it oscillating at around 5kHz: diameter/13.5cm, turns/240, wire/0.2mm.
    Have you tried with so many turns?
    It's a bit odd needing so many turns to get oscillator running ,
    and I wonder how many turns will be needed for original 14kHz.
    (I'm waiting for spool of wire at the moment..)

    Maybe there are not appropriate values listed for oscillator... everything else work perfect if you get oscillator working. Just try it with one of yours Rx coils as i did....

    That resistor (22ohm) at speaker I managed also to burn once together with mpsa13.. reason: I connected the circuit to 20V battery.
    If I use 12V - no problems (also substituted speaker with piezzo).
    I use 245c transistors..

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Efharisto...


    Efharisto Geo!

    Yes, i'll inform you for sure.

    About G.Sabre; NOT WORKING!
    Same problem as Leto's; not oscillating....I changed several coils - nothing!
    I have doubts in fet's i put, J107....I dont have originals, neither BF245c or simillar, so i put J107....Not same pin assignments as BF... maybe i made some other mistakes....who knows?
    I have +8.23V and instead minus i have +0.78V.....
    At one moment resistor 22 ohms burned (at audio output)....previously i put 8ohm speaker.....maybe because of that? So i added few ohms in series with speaker.....calm...but the rest not working!
    I put ordinary 2n2222 in plastic cases, 2N2907 also in plastic cases...is there problem?
    Instead ZD4V2 i put ZD4V7.....? I dont beleive this is problem....
    Later i replaced J107 with BF245B...but since i had only 2 of them i replaced those in oscillator and chopper for minus....Others omitted just to test these two stages and nothing! Same as with J107...?
    Coils....i checked TX with several various coils - various inductances,resistances....same - nothing!?
    I am tired.....continue tomorrow with this bull****...
    regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Gia soy Ivica. Ta ellhnika soy einai poly kala. Bravo. Otan teliosis me to 1266 grapse moy gia na do ta apotalesmata. (afta ta diabases h oxi)?

    Hi Ivica . I wrote that your Greeks are very good. When you will finish with 1266 please tell me about the results. Now i construct a simple detector with an oscillator and a voltage comparator. I wait good results.... who knows..... maybe tomorrow to know
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Latos...


    Latos kanis Geo, ine Ivica...ohi Ivicha...
    A po 1266....perimeno na vro kamja elementh....Aftos ine edo, den teliosa...

    Heh, i think you will understand this, although it is full with mistakes...also i do not have Greek font installed yet ...so...
    1266 is finished almost. I didnt put mos fet yet and few transistors....i am waiting to find originals...Alos pretty much occupied with few other projects so as you see - i am not in hurry.....I will inform you for sure, when finished.
    Max thanks on tips, but i cant find even those you mentioned except LM358.....There is one big supplier here in Serbia, i talked to him and he told me those op-amps nobody asked yet from him....so if there is a major interest, he will imoprt....Huh, what an idiot?! Also if i want those, i have to order whole set - other words whole package, 1000 pieces!!!? An idiot, i tell you! So i gave up for now....
    But this Golden Sabre is finished, tomorrow i will test it and see...
    regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Oh, Geo...i didnt answer you...i switched on this page first..
    I dont say it will never work....just have reserve until test it...
    About else, yes i agree! When you see one Tesoro - you saw them all....
    Nice machines, very suitable for us amateurs to build....I gave up of Bandido for now, cose i cant find those op-amps here in my country...damn MC33...blah...and TLC...blah.....
    But this one (G.Sabre) have conventional components i can find and already have so i decided to try it....
    Regards Geo!

    P.S.
    Of course i am not angry, i never been...it was joke on other thread....
    Everything in life is joke for me....only way to survive these days....
    Hi ivconic,
    if you need substitutions you can use:
    mc33078 or ls204 for mc33178 (first you have a bit more current drawn)
    ts27m2cn or ls204 or lm358 too for tlc2262 (last one not really stable but can be used too)

    this way you get your bandido works too and well also but have about double current drawn...
    I choose originals mc33178 for consumption cause 33078 have same noise figure but current is much higher. But they are really hard to find...expecially in dip8 (plastic) version (mc33178P) that e.g. on mouser have several weeks to wait for delivery from production plant.

    Instead of lm2931 you can use 7805...lm393 is better if you have AN version...but works in any case.

    Yes, notch is interesting also to me.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Oh, Geo...i didnt answer you...i switched on this page first..
    I dont say it will never work....just have reserve until test it...
    About else, yes i agree! When you see one Tesoro - you saw them all....
    Nice machines, very suitable for us amateurs to build....I gave up of Bandido for now, cose i cant find those op-amps here in my country...damn MC33...blah...and TLC...blah.....
    But this one (G.Sabre) have conventional components i can find and already have so i decided to try it....
    Regards Geo!

    P.S.
    Of course i am not angry, i never been...it was joke on other thread....
    Everything in life is joke for me....only way to survive these days....
    Hi Ivconic or Ivicha (do i write it right ??)
    I am very glad because it was a ....joke ....? ???, i understood something difference .
    Never mind. Now do you remember ......what about this project. ..... Fisher...1266 .
    My Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    extent...


    Oh, Geo...i didnt answer you...i switched on this page first..
    I dont say it will never work....just have reserve until test it...
    About else, yes i agree! When you see one Tesoro - you saw them all....
    Nice machines, very suitable for us amateurs to build....I gave up of Bandido for now, cose i cant find those op-amps here in my country...damn MC33...blah...and TLC...blah.....
    But this one (G.Sabre) have conventional components i can find and already have so i decided to try it....
    Regards Geo!

    P.S.
    Of course i am not angry, i never been...it was joke on other thread....
    Everything in life is joke for me....only way to survive these days....

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Depth....who cares?


    Depth...Who cares about depth? I decided to build it cose nice notch function with all sub's included....Reminds me on Sovereign a bit....although not compareable.....also i have feeling it will be much more easier to make coil for it....
    About depth.....i am coinshooter mostly, i do not care about depths under 30cm in da ground...at all...trust me. Besides i am to lazy to dig more than that...Heh...
    It is almost finished....just few components more to solder...I'll test it in few days and report here of course..
    regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Golden sabre is a good detector for not to bad ground, use it with the open centre coil ca 22 cm and it has good sens. and disc . However large rusty iron is a problem ... Use it for recreation ground the notch can reject pulltaps
    ( and some gold rings )!

    Make a bandido/ eldorado and use it with a 25 cm DD coil you get more depth, use it on farm land. use 0.30 mm wire

    The coils you make are the key for more depth.Look with a scope at the signal after the firs opamp, adjust the receive coil with caps for good sinus.
    For DD coils you can adjust with ferrit for ampl and with alu foil for fase shift,
    experiment with it, you need a scope.

    Some things for the golden : select the Z diode in the transmit circuit,
    sound strange but made some differents (dont now why....), select 2n9207 in transmitter for max peak to peak transmitter voltage, use for last lm 393 the lm393AN, low offset.


    Good luck

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    I am also finishing this Tesoro Golde Sabre...
    It will be ready in few days....
    If not work....than i'll mail bomb here!
    Best regards!



    P.S.
    white powder.....white powder....white powder.....
    Hi ivconic,
    please let me know if there is any advantage in depth sector...respect to bandido. I think not...but who may say ?

    I'm doing a DD coil at now to figure out if I can gain few cm...well at the moment I've only tx coil part and wounding rx one.

    Golden-sabre seems a bit older design...cause uses older components...but notch seems a very good idea on a gold-oriented detector.

    What about your bandidoII ??? Have you finished/modified it ???
    It works man... but has the bad tendency to oscillate on ic5 if not properly shielded.

    Geo: yes they seems really close one to another...that's why I think cutlass and bandido share same disc and geb portions. But then performances are really close too...and depends mainly on coils used.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    I am also finishing this Tesoro Golde Sabre...
    It will be ready in few days....
    If not work....than i'll mail bomb here!
    Best regards!



    P.S.
    white powder.....white powder....white powder.....
    Hi Ivconic .
    I believe that now you are not angry .
    Now about Tesssoro Golden Sabre... why it will not work????
    All tessoro are very close the same . If you make one then you have 80% of any other tessoro model. Or you know ....if you have CL3 you are again 80% close to tessoro models ..... same machines with little modifications.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X