Pins...
Forgot pin configurations!
MPSA13/14 E B C
BC517 C B E
regards!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
...
Unregistered, connecting to cable already explained here. Look previous pages.
Color is blue...problem was low light and cheap camera...Very low light at my workshop,
outdoor was very shiny today, so you can imagine what kind of photo i could make with
cheap camera..?
Nelson, no extra arrangements for this coil. Just plugged to detector and works excellent.
Tiktak, i am using MPSA13 or MPSA14 almost always. Once i used BC517....no difference.
You may use any of those mentioned....or copy whole audio output from other Tesoro's with
2N2222 and 2N2907...it will work anyway.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello,
Nelson I have almost finish this too.Is there diferance in preformance with 353?
Can you please tell me /or IVCONIC may be/ which transistor did you use MPSA13 or BC517?Are thy with same pin configurations?I have BC517 and on the picture I think is MPSA13?!And wondering how to fit?
Also have pn2222 TO92 and also confused which pin to which hole?
Please help!?!!?!??!
This are my last detiles and I will be ready to test.
THANKS
Leave a comment:
-
Excellent job Ivconic.
I took notes of everything and i ll build a new coils, following this pictures and your information. Also for the 28 cms coils did you make any arrangments to the circuit?
Regards
Nelson
Originally posted by ivconic View PostNelson, pay attention; 130 degrees but down angle.....
On photos you may see method of making DD coil, step by step. I used Al foil self adhesive tape, it is to wide so i had to cut narrow piece to suit easy wounding...
Over one samll part of Al i wounded 15cm "naked" wire, tightly to make sure contact with Al..Later used scotch tape to constrain it pretty stiff. Over all there is plastic adhesive tape also wounded stiff....Also there is photo of small 1cm gap in F.Cage...
What to say more?
regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedhi
Hi,
Ivconic.
Thanks for sharing with us!I have noticed few details that I were missing.
The only thing for the coil that is not shown on this pictures is the way that the wires make to go in the cable?Will be happy of you show that too!
p.s.why you wrap with black tape and on the last picture the colour of the coil is blue?
Leave a comment:
-
...
Nelson, pay attention; 130 degrees but down angle.....
On photos you may see method of making DD coil, step by step. I used Al foil self adhesive tape, it is to wide so i had to cut narrow piece to suit easy wounding...
Over one samll part of Al i wounded 15cm "naked" wire, tightly to make sure contact with Al..Later used scotch tape to constrain it pretty stiff. Over all there is plastic adhesive tape also wounded stiff....Also there is photo of small 1cm gap in F.Cage...
What to say more?
regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Part 2
Nelson, angle is 130 degrees, distance is 25mm...
Here is Part 2 of photos...
regards!
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
IVCONIC, HERE IS ONE OF YOUR PICTURES, WITH MY QUESTIONS ON IT.
CAN YOU PLEASE SEND THE DIMENSIONS FOR ANGLE AND DISTANCES.
THANKS AND REGARDS.
NELSON
Originally posted by nelson View PostThanks Ivconic.
Pictures give me more clear idea on how to do coils. Mines, have a 90 degrees bent on both sides on the coil. Has i see, you give around 45 degrees bent on both edges and some distance that for me seems to be 2 or 3 centimeters.
I ll be waiting for the next coples of pictures, to see how did you wharp the aluminium foil around the coil. Also how much preassure did you gave to the coil when you place the cord ( normal preassure or very tight).
My last coil is 220 cms, but detection for a vertical screew with a head not bigger than 3 mm of diameter by 7 mm long, is detected at 10 cms.
12 mm coin at only16 cms.
Best regards
NelsonAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Ivconic.
Pictures give me more clear idea on how to do coils. Mines, have a 90 degrees bent on both sides on the coil. Has i see, you give around 45 degrees bent on both edges and some distance that for me seems to be 2 or 3 centimeters.
I ll be waiting for the next coples of pictures, to see how did you wharp the aluminium foil around the coil. Also how much preassure did you gave to the coil when you place the cord ( normal preassure or very tight).
My last coil is 220 cms, but detection for a vertical screew with a head not bigger than 3 mm of diameter by 7 mm long, is detected at 10 cms.
12 mm coin at only16 cms.
Best regards
Nelson
Originally posted by ivconic View PostNelson, not a big deal, i was thinking on changing capacitances in oscillator to fine readjust frequency,phase etc. You need scope to be sure what to do. Simillar things are explained at Bandido threads (few of them)...
Now to Sean:
O.K.
Here is first group of photos i made this morning.
I started to make my last type of DD coil, with
28cm diammeter and 120 windings for TX/125 for RX.
I have to admit that dont have clear concept how to
go step by step and later compile all those in one
good document!? Dont have "screenplay"!
It will be good if you Sean, use those photos and
do the rest....If you can.
I have to stop, left out scotch tape, super glue and
few more things. Second part i'll prepare in few days
when obtain those.
regards!
...
Leave a comment:
-
...
Nelson, not a big deal, i was thinking on changing capacitances in oscillator to fine readjust frequency,phase etc. You need scope to be sure what to do. Simillar things are explained at Bandido threads (few of them)...
Now to Sean:
O.K.
Here is first group of photos i made this morning.
I started to make my last type of DD coil, with
28cm diammeter and 120 windings for TX/125 for RX.
I have to admit that dont have clear concept how to
go step by step and later compile all those in one
good document!? Dont have "screenplay"!
It will be good if you Sean, use those photos and
do the rest....If you can.
I have to stop, left out scotch tape, super glue and
few more things. Second part i'll prepare in few days
when obtain those.
regards!
...Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Sean_Goddart.
Yes it`s has been hard for me to get into electronics again after 20 years of living my studies. The reazon, i decided to study another career. But anyway, electronics is still my hobby and after i discover this web site and forums, my interest on making my own metal detectors, opened for my a new world of fun and why not a way to make money while you walk with your metal detector by parks, schools, beaches, etc.
Now i need to get a good coil, so i ll keep trying and trying, experimenting and experimenting, this is the only way to get things to work.
Good idea if Ivconic can make a file with graphically instructions, step by step about how to make a good coil.
To Ivconic:
Ivconic, on another post, you said that making the coils is not so dificult and after that, you can tune the coils by making some corrections to the circuit. Can you tell us how to do that?
Best regards
Nelson
Originally posted by Sean_Goddard View PostWELL DONE Nelson!! I'm so glad it all works for you after the amount of effort you put in.
It' so nice to see peoples hard work and perseverence pay off for them and boy has Nelson worked hard on this one
!!
Leave a comment:
-
OK
OK. I will try tp prepare it. Problem is my camera,low resolution...but i'll manage somehow. I will go step by step in making one coil with shooting every step.Later i will send you on mail or here....as you wish. I can also put it in .pdf but i am trying to avoid large files due my slow dial-up...It will take hours to upload it here...Better if i send piece by piece....Yes it is good idea you to compose .pdf file wit all eventual corrections.Be free to do that, with all my tributes! I'll start next day or two...
About Hercules...yes, at the time i was thinking it;s gonna be ugly and funny...but it turns to be very good to handle with also very resistive in hard terrain conditions. Very hard plastic alloy! Easy to pack pcb in...Yet it is not big and heavy. That's why i noted especially Hercules monitor cose those "tail" is smallest at that type. On other monitors are bigger, to big for housing we want here. I suggest you to try and later you'll see-it is not bad at all!
Minelab...Coiltek...Hey! They did great job! All Minelab's coils are great, high quality. Also Fisher's SPIDER coils, also coil for TROY machines, spider coil but named other way....8x9 or something like that? I have one of those...very elegan,light and powerfull!
OK. I'll be back tomorow with first shots!
Regards!
Leave a comment:
-
BTW it's NOT Minelab, but Coiltek who made and designed most Minelabs coils. Minelab got too big for their own boots and ripped off the design. But we can still learn and IMPROVE. That's why we come here.
Ivconic, can you write a "How To" of how you make and null your coil, I could post if as a PDF on the forum if you dont have that facility, or maybe you could send it to Carl who can post it in the Projects part like he did with Dave Emery's concentric coil.
Leave a comment:
-
A Hercules monitor tube cover?? ROFLMAO
. NOW I've seen everything Ivconic, but hey it works!!
Thanks for giving me the laugh of the week.
I'm confused about the spacings of the Minelab coil clone you made can you explain please (sorry stupid me
).
Leave a comment:
-
WELL DONE Nelson!! I'm so glad it all works for you after the amount of effort you put in.
It' so nice to see peoples hard work and perseverence pay off for them and boy has Nelson worked hard on this one
!!
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: