Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    TikTak.....read my lips; C B E !!!

    Yes i am awared that PN2222 is in plastic case.....So C B E ...


    Nelson,....impendance...inductance....stupidance.. ..call it anyway you want;
    I HAVE ONLY ONE AND IT IS BURNED ! NO WAY FOR ME TO FIND ANOTHER NOW !!! (I live deep in mountain far away from any shop)....

    Sheeeeeesh!!!!


    Hah,hah,hah!!!!!

    Friends....do not be angry on me....i am joking of course...!



    Hi ivconic,
    "read my lips; C B E !!!" but using that sombrero I cannot trust you !

    BTW sometimes I feel like Benny Hill too here...???
    we have to share the avatar!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Oh my Lord!

    TikTak.....read my lips; C B E !!!

    Yes i am awared that PN2222 is in plastic case.....So C B E ...


    Nelson,....impendance...inductance....stupidance.. ..call it anyway you want;
    I HAVE ONLY ONE AND IT IS BURNED ! NO WAY FOR ME TO FIND ANOTHER NOW !!! (I live deep in mountain far away from any shop)....

    Sheeeeeesh!!!!


    Hah,hah,hah!!!!!

    Friends....do not be angry on me....i am joking of course...!



    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Excellent medicine for varnish remover, ha ha ha .
    But anyway i tried this and it works great, thanks Ivconic.
    About wire, no dubs, it is 0.25 mm and 0.28 mm vith varnish. I got it from the wire factory and is label 30AWG. I also measure with and without varnish with digital instrumentation, and it´s ok.
    Ivconic, don´t take it bad, but you said that your inductance meter is burn. What about impedance meter? Have you tried with another one. Sorry but i just whant to make shure of everithing to get your values.

    In advance thanks
    Best regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    I think all missunderstanding is about wire gauge?!
    When i said 0.25mm i always think on 0.28mm with varnish.

    How to measure wire gauge without jitters?
    Varnish can be easilly lysed by acetisalycylum acid.
    Where to find acid? Remember Aspirin from Bayer?
    Tablet is protected with very thin acid "film".
    What you have to do is to lay wire on tablet and heat both
    with soldering iron until melted a bit.
    After second or two, you will notice how wire become
    "silver", due tin which coated it.
    Last step is to use smallest grain sanding paper possible,
    to sand wire good and carefully.
    When wire is clean and shiny you can measure it accuratelly!

    No jitters at all. Than you can be sure what gauge is that!
    That is my method. I always perform measures like that.
    All my claims, datas on wire gauge are based on measurements
    as described...

    P.S.
    It will be much easier if you obtain liquid acid and "wash"
    wire in it to dissolve varnish.
    When i dont have Aspirin, i use lighter to "burn" varnish, but
    this method can give you some jitter...



    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi,
    Ok Ivconic.
    First thank for your advice.But I cant find MPSA13 or 14!I have BC517!
    Will try?I will be prepared to change BC517 and speaker.

    The question for PN2222 was maybe configured from me wrong and thats why you dont unerstand what I ask?

    I am confused because I bought PN2222A and they are TO-92 version and when search on internet to see the pin configuration there are two pin configurations?I dont which to belive and use?!?
    Please look at the picture in my last post and HELP!
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Trs...

    2N2222 b>100 C B E
    MPSA13 b>5000 replacements (BC517,BC617,BC875,BSR50) E B C
    MPSA14 b>10 000 E B C

    BC517 b>30 000 replacements (BC875,BC877,BC879) C B E


    To put end of this transistor "thing" here, i give you comparsion
    between some of them.

    Point is to use transistor with high gain rate to have proper sound
    level.

    As you see 2N2222 does not have enough gain to do the job. It will
    produce weak sound - not suitable.

    MPSA13 is standard for this, gain of >5000 is just enough.
    MPSA14 will provide almost same sound level as 13, maybe a bit more.

    BC517 will produce very loud sound....maybe way to loud for my taste!
    Also there is danger to use 4 or 8 ohm speaker with it. In manner to
    keep device as small as possible it is usuall to pack it in small
    housing. Small housing mostly allows only small speakers to be built in.

    Most famous speaker for hand-mades is the one from "Chinese toys"...
    It is usually 8 ohms...If BC517 is used, it will "kill" that speaker in
    no time!
    Most likely, when speaker die, may produce shorts and kill BC517 also!

    Either use high quality 16 ohms speakers with BC517, either use MPSA13
    at the output.....

    I tried with serial resistor to protect speaker...but no help!
    10 ohms resistor survived but speaker NOT! I usually use MPSA14....
    But do have one detector with BC517 at output. That transistor killed
    5-6 speakers so far!!!

    It is not easy to obtain good 16 ohms speaker these days.....

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    OK

    TikTak it is OK with you. I just dont like to much questions from "Unregistered"....
    PN2222 is 2N2222. I dont think you can use it....or..yes you can use it but you will have weak sound....Pin assignments on PN(2N)2222 is CBE, same as on BC517, oposite than on MPSA13...
    As you posted part fo pcb above is right way to turn transistor....
    (E) is going to speaker, (C) is going on 22 ohms resistor and supply....(B)ase no need to explain - input...
    Yes i remeber the "feeling" !
    Wish you success!




    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi sorry guys but this is site for begginers!
    You dont have to answer to all my stupid questions,but I am here to learn.
    And will be glad if you all help.
    But understand that I have just finish this PCB and this are the last things to arange before I can test!
    Dont you remember what is the feeling?
    Look PLEASE why I am confused:my trensistors are labeled PN2222A!And I were looking at all data that I can find in internet for understand how to fit this on the board!
    And I have reach this confusion:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Aspirin - Bayer !


    I think all missunderstanding is about wire gauge?!
    When i said 0.25mm i always think on 0.28mm with varnish.

    How to measure wire gauge without jitters?
    Varnish can be easilly lysed by acetisalycylum acid.
    Where to find acid? Remember Aspirin from Bayer?
    Tablet is protected with very thin acid "film".
    What you have to do is to lay wire on tablet and heat both
    with soldering iron until melted a bit.
    After second or two, you will notice how wire become
    "silver", due tin which coated it.
    Last step is to use smallest grain sanding paper possible,
    to sand wire good and carefully.
    When wire is clean and shiny you can measure it accuratelly!

    No jitters at all. Than you can be sure what gauge is that!
    That is my method. I always perform measures like that.
    All my claims, datas on wire gauge are based on measurements
    as described...

    P.S.
    It will be much easier if you obtain liquid acid and "wash"
    wire in it to dissolve varnish.
    When i dont have Aspirin, i use lighter to "burn" varnish, but
    this method can give you some jitter...



    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ivconic, i follow same coil details that you made. Wire is the same, 0.25mm or 30AWG, for 120 turns not tighted jet, shows on my L/C Meter IIB (see picture of it), 11.43 mH and this will be more that this when i tight the coil. Rsistance is 30.2 ohms, but tomorrow i ll check impedance with other two multimeters.
    I repeat, dimensions and form is the same.
    May be the inductance is not 6.0 and 6.5 mH, because my two other coils, had to be readjusted to get 6.0 and 6.5 mH, and this means to take of lost of turns has was publish. Also performance is not good enough.
    So i think that i ll just forget mesures and just made the coils has you posted, 120 turns, 28 cms in diameter and 0.25 mm wire, and after that i ll try to null both coils and see whats happends.
    Does anyone had build a coils with diferent values ?

    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Nelson, i am not sure!? My inductance meter is burned....i tried to fix it and it is showing 6.8uH...but i can not swear in its accuracy..


    Others; friends, simply follow schematic,trace lines and you will find out proper way to turn transistors!

    Unregistered, do i need to answer on every of you stupid questions???
    Tesoro Golden Sabre is my responsibillity....but previous pcb is NOT.
    Ask author of pcb , not me!

    Besides, you can do few thing by your own? Wanna make detector? Go ahead! I will help you, but i wont teach you elementar things!

    If man do not have elementar knowledge about components,packages etc...How, the hell, he expect to build complicated device as detector?????

    Sorry, i am tired to much! I'll take few days rest...maybe more...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Benny !

    Before i go away...just had to change my avatar, suits me more than previous!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Huh!

    Nelson, i am not sure!? My inductance meter is burned....i tried to fix it and it is showing 6.8uH...but i can not swear in its accuracy..


    Others; friends, simply follow schematic,trace lines and you will find out proper way to turn transistors!

    Unregistered, do i need to answer on every of you stupid questions???
    Tesoro Golden Sabre is my responsibillity....but previous pcb is NOT.
    Ask author of pcb , not me!

    Besides, you can do few thing by your own? Wanna make detector? Go ahead! I will help you, but i wont teach you elementar things!

    If man do not have elementar knowledge about components,packages etc...How, the hell, he expect to build complicated device as detector?????

    Sorry, i am tired to much! I'll take few days rest...maybe more...

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Yes IVCONIC
    MPSA13/14 pin configuration is E B C
    and BC517 C B E ,
    BUT WHY THEN ON YOUR LIGHT VERSION SCHEMATIC THAT YOU GIVE FOR EXAMPLE EMITER ON MPSA13 goes into the speaker and on this picture that I use the pins going oposite way?
    Please explain?
    Am I stupid or there is something that I miss?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    .........

    I have finish my GS and waiting for your help,so I can test it!
    Thanks for all advices and all the shared information!
    Hope work similar to yours.And glad that even beginers are able to try this because of the right tips!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Thanks IVCONIC!!!!
    I were put this BC517 like were shown MPSA13!!!So when use BC517 I should turn it?
    Now I will correct my mustake.
    Please tell me is this how those transistors should be mounted?
    I wonder because I have TO-92 version of 2N2222 and on the picture is sown metal case,and I am confused?
    Also now I have noticed that my 10k with swich potenciometers that have bought yesterday are marked as 10KB is this mean that they are log.?Can I use them anyway?

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thank´s Ivconic and forgot to ask, what are the final inductances values of your 28 cms coil?

    Regards.

    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Unregistered, connecting to cable already explained here. Look previous pages.
    Color is blue...problem was low light and cheap camera...Very low light at my workshop,
    outdoor was very shiny today, so you can imagine what kind of photo i could make with
    cheap camera..?


    Nelson, no extra arrangements for this coil. Just plugged to detector and works excellent.

    Tiktak, i am using MPSA13 or MPSA14 almost always. Once i used BC517....no difference.
    You may use any of those mentioned....or copy whole audio output from other Tesoro's with
    2N2222 and 2N2907...it will work anyway.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X