Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    MAX.
    I have have you test your TGS?
    I still cant get my work as I wish!
    I have coil probleme I think.Maybe I use 0,30 without varnich,but maybe my resistance is to low?18,...
    Shouldnt it be from 19 to 22?
    I will see how much its with shield!.
    Please tell me when nulling in which mode should I put multimeter DCV;ACV;DCA?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Hi,
    Max nice work!
    I have a question.Will you tell me how much turns I need to make good coil with 0,20 mm only one I have and 22 cm diameter?DD coil!
    Thanks
    Hi,
    0.20mm wire is not good to make these coils.
    You need something from 0.25 to 0.30mm wire to suit specs without loosing too much performances.
    I've made 0.30mm coils and worked ok, but required caps mods.

    I suggest try something 0.25 (0.28 with varnish) to 0.28 (0.30 with varnish) to stay close and avoid much troubles.

    Follow previous posts.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    Hi what is this detector?
    If its TGS why all pots are 10k?


    Ultimate Haze, is the Wilson VLF 710 and yes, all pots. are of 10 K.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    Hi,
    you are just another mask of very same people.

    All you write say that. No need of further explaination of what you're.

    Have a good time,
    Max

    * * * * * * * * *

    As your buddy RObert? He use various masks and you said nothing. Justice, come, please!

    Do you deffend RObert? With this kind of friend (you) RObert no need enemies!

    Have a good day, week, year, etc.

    With the kind regards

    Nihil Roma Maius

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    to max

    Hi,
    Max nice work!
    I have a question.Will you tell me how much turns I need to make good coil with 0,20 mm only one I have and 22 cm diameter?DD coil!
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    ?

    Hi what is this detector?
    If its TGS why all pots are 10k?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    I use isopropilic alcohol. Look the Wilson's VLF 710 PCB after cleaning. Ready for to copy.

    Isopropilic is not corrosive as other alcohols.

    Max

    As you can see, I'm living in the "reality" you want. You uniform your thought because the administrator thinks in the same way. You have not own criteria. I don't need the sympathy of the admin, not yours, anybody. And I don't feel shane when I said that electronic LRL locators are a reality, I'm not speaking about brands. If you want attack brands, attack. Is not the same attack brands that attack possible (REAL) systems.

    (And Max, I don't sell any LRL detectors. Also, I'm not the person who detect a gold medal at 700-800 m with electronic LRL. I was a witness! ).
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Wow! How many posts here, in one day??? I need some time to read all and than to reply here...
    But only short note for Nelson!

    Nelson, as old radioamateur, i remeber (although misty) that you can not use those calculations for large coils...It is not same thing.
    Formulas are valid only up to some diammeter (dont remeber which).
    Oh, yes, you can input any value in calculations but you will get impossible results, not accurate at all. Check with some radio amateur at your place...
    Most of formulas and calculations available on .net are for coil,chokes,inductances mostly used in radio designs, in most cases small sized coils...
    There must be some abbreviation factor included when calculating unusuall coils with unusuall sizes.
    So far as i know THERE IS NOT NEITHER ONE PROPER FORMULA for MD coil calculations....Strange but true!
    Thats why all think that there is some "secret" about coils for MD. There is not....
    Best way to know coil inductance is to wound it and than measure with accurate inductance meter....later to do some corrections...
    I am telling this cose i also tried so many times with various formulas and neither one gave valid results.
    I even reassembled one original White's coil, counted windings and compare all collected data with results got from several formulas - neither one justified experience with original coil???
    Know what i mean?

    Another thing;

    I am big donkey!!! Sorry,sorry,sorry !!! Sorry to all members here!

    Outer diammeter is 28cm! Inner diammeter is 26.8cm !!!!!!
    I just realized that!? In all hurry and hush to post here some concrete stuff i measured diammeter without thinking....I could swear on 28cm!!!!

    Just few moments ago, reading your complains i decided to measure all again.....!!!


    Sorry,sorry,sorry !!!! It was not intended! Sorry!


    I think that this could be the problem!I have used 28cm for inner diameter and 115 turns of 0,30 wire for both windings!
    When I mesure the resistance its 18,8 and 18,9!
    I have tryed to null with 1k resistor and 15n capacitator,but my multimeter show 0.00 why?
    I have put multimeter in 200 m DCA range?Is this right?Or it should be in 200 ACV?
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    TO MAX

    I use Methylated Spirt and tooth-brush.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I see, at the end we all have success with this nice detector! Bravo!
    I took my TGS Light outdoor yesterday, to make some serious tests...
    Results are very good...excellent. Same 1cm nickel coin (i mentioned so
    many times) it can detect at 27cm in the ground - burried. Very good
    results. I am very satisfied.
    Dont want to repeat myself oftenly, so this will be all about testing.
    Next step:
    Next step should be serious improvement of audio stage. I dont want to make
    it only louder. Also dont want to add Zahori audio...
    I was thinking to find proper way to add vco audio.
    Have you ever tried Fisher CZ5 or CZ7?
    Do you know how its audio working? Is it only vco or something more?
    I have Jackdetect's schematics of CZ5...but it is hand drawing, pretty sloppy.
    I am not sure how to use it or even can i use it with TGS?
    Never mind CZ5 audio. I just mentioned it as example.
    Is there any schematic of audio stage which will allow us to adjust level of
    signal needed to "open" or "close" audio to produce sound or not?

    For example,sort of filter or "compressor" with which we can supress or
    "reject" weak signals with unknown origin and pass only good, known signals
    to audio stage.
    I have Troy Shadow X3. Most favorite thing at it (for me) is thing i noticed
    many times:
    Let's say it will detect coin at 25cm. Audio is very strong and clear (unlike
    TGS with weak, mum audio). There is a sort of fast,"double" beep-beep on Troy
    when coin moved over coil. How can i explain? My english is not so good, i have
    problems to explain this thing.
    TGS is working very good, it is so obvious,but main drawback is in audio;same,
    monotonous,annoying.....I can not be sure whether small or large coin was detected?
    While with Troy i can distinguish almost for sure about coin size or even alloy
    according to audio! Of course this need a bit of practice, hours of working with
    device...same was when i owned 1266. I could "see" detected item with almost 90%
    accuracy relying on audio. There is something "rich" in that audio, which TGS
    doesnt have...
    Also, when earphones are used on TGS; audio is much stronger but "BLUR"...not
    sharp as on Troy or Fisher...Why?
    Is there any way,mod,tip,hint so we can improve this at TGS. This should be last
    step. If we manage this somehow, TGS will turn to one of the best detectors i have
    been seen so far!
    I'll wait your opinions.

    Where is KT315? He is full of suprises, always! C'mon KT315! Save the day!
    And Sean Goddard...? C'mon Sean!
    Let's togather make best analogue coin detector ever!
    We should call it : "Geotech metal detector"!

    P.S.
    I was thinking to put 0.01-0.1 coupling capacitors at every supply pin on every ic.
    Nets should be shortest possible, between caps and pins, of course!
    This should provide extra filtering on ic's. Is it worth it? Any experiences?

    P.S.
    Max;
    "...Hi ivconic,
    I think lm339 mod would work great. I have some dubts on TL082 instead of two LM308...
    these dubts is related to hi-fi audio circuits experiments I've made with dual op.
    amps... never get good results where there dual pramp... and expecially TL0x2 series...
    but they aren't preamp there."

    Yes Max, i know what do you mean! In the past, i made a lot of preamplifiers...some
    for guitars, some distortions,wah-wah's etc....Already used TL082 so many times.
    TL082 can be meticolous from case to case. Instead working good it can produce
    bedlam of noises....mostly depends of surrounding components.
    I was thinking; the only replacement for LM308 turns to be TL081a...and when you
    put two of them togather, what do you get? TL082...
    Maybe i am wrong, but i think TL082 would do the job just fine. I would like to
    avoid LM308 in next detectors cose it is a bit obsolete,expensive and mostly very
    hard to find in local shops.....
    I'll make one and experiment a bit. Later will report here....
    Hi ivconic,
    yes, tesoro's lack in some audio, at least the uMax series... you know, there are some with even four tone id also, but not GSabre.
    Monotonous tone as BandidoII. I know.
    About the audio power you could wire up an audio amp. ic. even TBA820 would be fine here... but if you have bleeping too often in headphones or speaker means you need something more.

    "
    For example,sort of filter or "compressor" with which we can supress or
    "reject" weak signals with unknown origin and pass only good, known signals
    to audio stage.
    I have Troy Shadow X3. Most favorite thing at it (for me) is thing i noticed
    many times:
    Let's say it will detect coin at 25cm. Audio is very strong and clear (unlike
    TGS with weak, mum audio). "

    Yes, know what you mean. I think that good circuit could be a schmitt trigger... you use a pot. to fix threashold, then everything lower would be ignored, anything above cause saturation of trigger so this way you'll gain only "sure" (stronger) signals , cutting out false or undef due to noise or bleeping.

    "Also, when earphones are used on TGS; audio is much stronger but "BLUR"...not
    sharp as on Troy or Fisher...Why?"

    Cause tesoro always preferred use direct "threshold" not triggers in analog detctors... it's a good choice e.g. when audio is strong and there's not much bleeping, but on tesoro's it's a drawback cause audio is weak and you could have bleeping (on bandidoII is the same thing).

    "I was thinking to put 0.01-0.1 coupling capacitors at every supply pin on every ic.
    Nets should be shortest possible, between caps and pins, of course!
    This should provide extra filtering on ic's. Is it worth it? Any experiences?"

    Good thing, but no big results. Useful e.g. to avoid noise propagation from voltage converter to ic. if too much. Also 22nf works pretty good.

    "I was thinking; the only replacement for LM308 turns to be TL081a...and when you
    put two of them togather, what do you get? TL082..."

    Yes, right: also on tables this is the indication (but I'll try some other ic, sure that could work better). As you said main problem is PCB... components around, noise coupling, parass. capacitance due e.g. to flux etc
    I had some troubles on Bandido with flux... just under TLC2262, kind of coupling. Then removed and some bleeping disappears.

    Unfortunately, I haven't kester solder wire with water solvable flux... (as Gary suggested) , cannot find here. Big problem is that I need lot of solvents/chemicals to remove "well" any flux.

    How do you remove flux ?

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hello Frends.

    Here the sprint layout file from Goldy, if there are errors in it please adjust them and mail it back on this board.

    Good luck.
    Hi ApBerg,
    many thanks, it's really good work.
    Now I'm making full version. Then maybe I'll do Goldy!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Delbert grady View Post
    I do believe it is possible to make the non polarised 4.7 uf out of two 4.7 uf polarised caps. just solder the two negative leads together.
    Hi,
    use 10uF electrolitics , you'll get 5uF bipolar.
    See ivconic drawing on first pages of thread.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Goldy

    Hello Frends.

    Here the sprint layout file from Goldy, if there are errors in it please adjust them and mail it back on this board.

    Good luck.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nakky View Post
    Nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
    So do I. But difference between me and you is that I don't sell SNAKE OIL as light.

    But, I think you really miss much other "experts" that were ridiculized here cause of crappy thinking and snake-oil companies support and selling... and all we know who they are. Call Damaso to join the team if you feel alone!
    Or are just you Mr. Damaso , hiding back the imperial stamp ???
    What a huge number of south american business ruined all that LRL fakes talking here !!??

    I don't advertise anything, don't try to sell anything, just share my opinions with others and just to learn and for fun cause I'm an entusiast TH and MD owner.

    I don't need to sell LRL-dreams (or nightmares) to live. Like someone else do here... but that's fine, you keep stay in business.

    You could sell to belivers your stuff, your BS, whatever... but don't try to put me at same level of you and others belonging to the LRL-tribe.

    We are not the same.

    * * * * * * * * *

    Who tell you I sell devices? CRAZY!!! First prejudice, you're blind!

    I don't sell any LRL device, also I'm enthusiast like you, so you're bad informed, YOU'RE CONFUSED.

    No need to be of the Third World, your malicious and poisonus style is characteristics of bad person.

    If you use this down language in your IW, I prefer stay in the IIIW, here in SA.

    Psss! Max, do you can build correct coils?
    Hi,
    you are just another mask of very same people.

    All you write say that. No need of further explaination of what you're.

    Have a good time,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X