Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Hi,
    Maybe right.
    But what do you mean.Wire is ok.Inductance is ok.
    Now I have scope soon I will be able to check all.From first untill last.

    But if you mean quality.I make coils exacly as you describe.Bind tight,whrap with nots,super glue,shield,type then null.
    Please tell me what I miss.My first IB coil were super slopy but had extreme performance from the start!Now I made those with a lot of care.Pay attention about all.Cable good.All quality brand new parts.
    ?
    I now that I miss something but what?
    When you say about GB trimer I tougth that it should ignore hotrocks in midlle position.And I have like ithem detection not just some mummm or crack.
    I will research some more.

    If you are sure your coil is ok, than you have something bad or burned on pcb. Probably something burned in the process of experimenting. Maybe some break on pcb traces....maybe some bad component...
    Impossible to predict remotelly. You must do all the job.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexismex View Post
    Hello Max ,
    i have check the diameter for the test i publish all the detectors test with a original coil of 8 inch with discrimination in 1/3 and a normal (in a pines wood )mineralization soil.
    regards.

    Hi,
    many thanks. I hope this won't take too much efforts digging the magazine.

    It's interesting chart indeed.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Hello Max ,
    i have check the diameter for the test i publish all the detectors test with a original coil of 8 inch with discrimination in 1/3 and a normal (in a pines wood )mineralization soil.
    regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • metaldetector107
    replied
    last TGSL

    Dear Ivco
    i think i have found the problem one of diods leat was not connected..
    but now its detection very poor about 1 cm for a single coin a big object
    as big as my head about 10 cm so what you recon???
    thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hi,
    Maybe right.
    But what do you mean.Wire is ok.Inductance is ok.
    Now I have scope soon I will be able to check all.From first untill last.

    But if you mean quality.I make coils exacly as you describe.Bind tight,whrap with nots,super glue,shield,type then null.
    Please tell me what I miss.My first IB coil were super slopy but had extreme performance from the start!Now I made those with a lot of care.Pay attention about all.Cable good.All quality brand new parts.
    ?
    I now that I miss something but what?
    When you say about GB trimer I tougth that it should ignore hotrocks in midlle position.And I have like ithem detection not just some mummm or crack.
    I will research some more.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    That is rely usefull info that you provided.
    So it must be asociated with TX power limit.
    Max have managed to made good 31cm coil but he have a lot of excperiance.
    I must try with good dd27.
    When I change rx cap/15n I have leaved spare 2 hols for extra cap and try with diferent values as you propose/noticed better performance but instability when test with hot rock and clay.
    Yesterday I try to reread again.Its hugh!
    And realized that I make mistake.I should fix rx and moove tx to null right?
    I dont now why but I were doing oposite until now.One more thing should tx be near soil/when coil finished/ or rx?
    No,no...doesn't make any difference. I never payed attention on those details. Doesn't matter which of "D" shapes would be fixed and which you gonna adjust... Also doesn't matter which one is closer to soil (downside).
    Do not bug yourself with those trivial details.
    You mentioned instabillities on hot rock? Right? So..you MUST be able to fine adjust phase with GEB trimmer and make it immune on hotrocks. Or..if you can not achieve that, than your coil is not good at all.
    Usually my GEB trimmers are adjusted somewhere close to middle positon and detector is absolute immune on hot rock and ferrite rod.
    Total rejction, no signal on those. Maybe some occassional mum "crack" on large ferrite rod...and nothing else.
    So...you better reconsider your handmade coils...seems not good at all..

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    ..................................

    That is rely usefull info that you provided.
    So it must be asociated with TX power limit.
    Max have managed to made good 31cm coil but he have a lot of excperiance.
    I must try with good dd27.
    When I change rx cap/15n I have leaved spare 2 hols for extra cap and try with diferent values as you propose/noticed better performance but instability when test with hot rock and clay.
    Yesterday I try to reread again.Its hugh!
    And realized that I make mistake.I should fix rx and moove tx to null right?
    I dont now why but I were doing oposite until now.One more thing should tx be near soil/when coil finished/ or rx?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldetector107 View Post
    Dear Ivco
    without RX coil when switch on start from 41ma and drops to 28ma
    with RX connected between 38ma and 46ma when moving coil on eachother
    let me tell you the LM393 near L7808 was burnt i changed but still samething
    i have changed all diods to brand new
    so please help
    when measured the MD was on disc mode
    Ok...power consumption looks ok.
    So !? You probably burned something else also. Nobody can tell you what, remotelly. You must pay some effort and locate bad component...

    Leave a comment:


  • metaldetector107
    replied
    Last TGSL

    Dear Ivco
    without RX coil when switch on start from 41ma and drops to 28ma
    with RX connected between 38ma and 46ma when moving coil on eachother
    let me tell you the LM393 near L7808 was burnt i changed but still samething
    i have changed all diods to brand new
    so please help
    when measured the MD was on disc mode

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldetector107 View Post
    Dear Ivco
    thanks i have measured v- and v+ for all LM358 LM393 LF353 all
    as you mentioned are correct v- is 5.81 and v+7.9 accept
    the first LM358 near by source volt its v+ is 12v but its directly connected to source volt???
    freq is 14.4 nice sinewave
    please help
    Ok. Last LM358 is tied directly to battery - it is ok, dont worry.
    Minus voltage is not ideal. Something maybe drains to much current there, but what?
    Looks like you experimented to much in the nearest past and burned something else there?
    Can you measure power consumption and post here? Connect ampere meter in serie with detector and battery and measure, than post here.

    Leave a comment:


  • metaldetector107
    replied
    last TGSL

    Dear Ivco
    thanks i have measured v- and v+ for all LM358 LM393 LF353 all
    as you mentioned are correct v- is 5.81 and v+7.9 accept
    the first LM358 near by source volt its v+ is 12v but its directly connected to source volt???
    freq is 14.4 nice sinewave
    please help

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldetector107 View Post
    Dear Ivconic
    i changed the diodes only the sound became lower but still sounds continuesly

    please help

    Measure voltages on ic's supply pins. For example; what are voltages on pins 4. and 8. on LF353,LM358 and LM393 ?
    You must have 7.9 - 8 volts on pins 8. and -6.2 volts on pins 4.
    Multimeter black probe on pcb gnd and red probe on pins, when measuring.
    If you dont have minus voltage on pins 4. than chopper is not working. Replace transistors there.
    Dont ask so simple questions any more. First measure and than provide here more informations. Nobody can help you to solve problem if you dont provide more informations. Use multimeter, measure and post here results.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    to Ivconic
    *1e coin = 32 to 36cm in air (~48cm if monostable mode available)
    *cola can = 55cm in air (~ 80cm if monostable mode available)

    Thanks!That is realy good results.But is this clear detection with slow motion on target?Or just bearly hearble signal?


    to Max,
    This excplain things.Because I have noticable increase of sens. for larger ithems compared with 27cmDD.But in same time I still have troubles when test with my large coin.Which is 4cm d, thick brass coin.
    p.s.can you clear some space in your PMbox?


    It is end of detection. So audio is weak,logically.

    Leave a comment:


  • metaldetector107
    replied
    last TGSL

    Dear Ivconic
    i changed the diodes only the sound became lower but still sounds continuesly

    please help

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Hello Erol,

    Check the EBC from the 2n2907 and 2n2222 if you are using Plastic versions the e/c can be roteted.
    Succes.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X