Originally posted by lunamay
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
You will find the answer to your question by monitoring the output of the pre-amp, relative to the TX signal, using a 2-channel oscilloscope. If the RX phase-shift is 20 degrees, the RX coil is the correct way round. If it's 200 degrees, then swap over the two connections.
-
According to my wire gauge charts, your wire gauge conversions are mostly incorrect.Originally posted by Virdi_248 View PostThe coils I will price a little expensive. I think I'll build more coils internt. I own 23 awg copper wire (0.25mm) 20 AWG (0.5 mm) and 21 AWG (0.7 mm).
I built a coil in the form of D and I used 23awg wire 120 turns for 110 laps for RX and TX. The results were dismal.
That copper wire which I have can work better and be more manageable to build the coil.
http://www.allem.com/wireengr.html is where I got my information (from the Magnet Wire Dimension Chart)
23AWG = 0.570mm (bare, ~0.62mm with enamel)
20AWG = 0.8128mm (bare, ~0.86mm with enamel)
21AWG = 0.7239mm (bare, ~0.77mm with enamel)
30AWG = 0.2540mm (bare, ~0.285mm with enamel)
One interesting detail about the "AWG" wire system: as you go down by 3 wire sizes, the wire cross sectional area and weight increases 2x (and resistance will decrease by 1/2).
As an example, 20AWG will have twice the weight and 1/2 the resistance of 23AWG (for two wires of the same length). This all may be unimportant but is sometimes useful to know.
What is important is that if you have 0.25mm wire (approximately 30AWG), that is a very good choice for making a light-weight coil for the TGSL. If your wire is instead 23AWG, this will make a coil much heavier than is necessary.
Leave a comment:
-
problem
hi everybody
which kind of coil should i use to test coil? the left one with difrent coil winding direction(pink arrows) or right one with same winding direction?
both coils are shellded and taped
best regards
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
[quote = porkluvr; 111427] Tesoro tiene el original o bobinas a menudo se pueden encontrar en Ebay.
La serie umax son lo que evolucionaron a partir de la serie de Sabre, por lo que las bobinas que figuran en la serie umax debería funcionar. La cuestión de la bobina original era el 8 "Ronda concéntricos.
No es suficiente para su bobina de tener solamente buenos profundidad de detección. También debe tener buena discriminación. Tener una "especificación original" bobina de fábrica puede ser una cosa muy buena para que funcione. [/ Quote]
The coils I will price a little expensive. I think I'll build more coils internt. I own 23 awg copper wire (0.25mm) 20 AWG (0.5 mm) and 21 AWG (0.7 mm).
I built a coil in the form of D and I used 23awg wire 120 turns for 110 laps for RX and TX. The results were dismal.
That copper wire which I have can work better and be more manageable to build the coil.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Vladimir. This is tested, but still I feel the solution to th oscillator which is connected to the audio oscillator is not in your head, every move and at least change th oscillators ocsilatora-frequency sound.
Leave a comment:
-
Dependence of the number of turns, voltage and field in the coil.
L~N^2
I=U/X(L)~U/L~U/N^2
Consumption: i=I/Q
The energy of the fields: E=1/2*L*I^2~N^2*(U/N^2)^2~(U/N)^2
Energy fields in the soil, is proportional to the voltage and inversely proportional to the number of turns in the coil (^ 2). The best ratio of voltage to coil is two times higher than the voltage source.
*FORUM (MD for You)
Because of this, the value of the Tx coil by Ivconic recommended, very bad solution. 60 turns to Tx, is a better solution, more stability and better sensitivity.
Thank ORBIT
Leave a comment:
-
Trimmer for the impact of the country confused with the 100k potentiometer on the panel and remove the boxes, try these changes you will be extremely satisfied with your device
Leave a comment:
-
The following changes that I did that I replaced with a 1n4148 diode 2v7 and turned white as the classics, I also op amp 358 off 330k and 33k and the weight I put 1k as done last degree of white classics
Leave a comment:
-
A resonant capacitor in the RC of 15nf 33nf I replaced the receiver and I edited to be like at Tesoro lobo 1EUR got to 38cm in the air and I tried to land a Euro 30cm in the country is stable.
Leave a comment:
-
Since we did not probe that had a probe in the 60 th round and round in rh 6O wire 032mm diameter 32cm probe the change of 22nf Capacitors for him, I put 68nf that frequency was 14.4 kHz.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Robert. You were right I am a coil, the probe took one second when I opened the Faraday cage at th was not connected.
Leave a comment:
-
Tesoro has the original coils or you can often find them on Ebay.Originally posted by Virdi_248 View PostI have proved my tgsl and it works. The bobbin that I have constructed is very bad. I detect tin of refreshments to 6 inches and a currency of Euro to 1 inch.
In addition I have tried with two bobbins of another detector that I have (gary touches 2) and it detects a tin of refreshments to 10 inches and a currency of Euro to 2 inches.
With thread of so thin copper it is very difficult to make a bobbin good.
Where they sell the original bobbin of the tgsl?
The uMax series are what evolved from the Sabre series, so coils listed for the uMax series should work. The original coil issue was the 8" Round Concentric.
It is not enough for your coil to only have good detection depth. You should also have good discrimination. Having an "original spec" factory coil can be a very good thing to get things going.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi @Orbit,Originally posted by Orbit View PostWhere no grass is relatively stable and where the grass is wet it is impossible to work with tgsl the impact of the country that I have everything set up properly
I think you have your coil shielding all wrong, or it may not be connected properly. A properly shielded coil should not behave like this from what I have read, and seen on YouTube. Please take a look at this YouTube Video:
How to Repair Faulty Metal Detector Coils (5m42s):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Owrk...eature=related
I hope this will help you @Orbit, for your problem dose not sound TGSL circuit related at all to me?
Regards,
Robert
Attachment:
Coil Shielding HTMLAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
I have proved my tgsl and it works. The bobbin that I have constructed is very bad. I detect tin of refreshments to 6 inches and a currency of Euro to 1 inch.
In addition I have tried with two bobbins of another detector that I have (gary touches 2) and it detects a tin of refreshments to 10 inches and a currency of Euro to 2 inches.
With thread of so thin copper it is very difficult to make a bobbin good.
Where they sell the original bobbin of the tgsl?
Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like you have two wires reversed, or just flipping one of the coils over will achieve the same results. The easy way to tell is listen for a double beep.Originally posted by lunamay View Posthi guys
i was wondering.. if posiition of coils has great matter than is it true (just like ivonic said) that it should be nulled in same direction? i mean when i nuuled both coils nulling was in same direction but when i trying to balance coils then i must put them nulled in same direction..that means i must turn one of coils upside down to get same direction of nulling ..am i thinking right?
regards to all
One question I have for everyone. Ivconic recommends winding the coils in the same direction paying attention to "start" and "finish". Does it really matter or is it just to get the polarity correct from the very beginning? I have never paid much attention, but just flipped one coil if polarity is wrong. I can't see any difference other than just polarity.
Don
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: