Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • satdaveuk
    replied
    finds

    thats great and the fact your finds were with your own hand made machine gives you that etc buzz, nice one

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis the Mennis View Post
    For laughter :

    Short before my holiday started , I finished my coil : potted my Mylar shielded coils in a coilhousing being very carefull no to ruin my settings during the hardening.
    Putting so much effort in this whole project , my TGS just had to find a place somewhere in the car or roofbox which were completely overloaded
    To my surprise we had a MD friendly campsite ....

    [ATTACH]16419[/ATTACH]

    Being a absolute rookie in Metal Detection I went to the beach
    for my first search ever with my home brewed TGS
    Just a small re-adjustment for GB ; the very wet sand near the coastline caused some alarms but it could also bin the loose bold inside ...
    One of employees from the travelling organisation told me nobody ever found anything on that beach ...
    What an insult for my TGS

    On the beach :
    Within a few sweeps I had a loud and clear signal only in the sand it was allmost impossible to see what I found , after a few minutes it turned out to be a very small iron ring between the tiny rocks , shells and stones .
    Who said nothing could be found on that beach ?
    I'm pretty sure I found some prove that the local pirates robbed their beer from across Europe.
    Also found the remains of their treasury : a couple of rusty nails and a highly heavyly oxidized 'red'golden coin .

    [ATTACH]16420[/ATTACH]

    Well it wasn't that much of value but as an old Chinese expression says :

    一分钱发财加强吊索

    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis


    Good adventure -- I'd be very happy with such a collection, beats my typical day!

    Hey, your machine works! Bravo.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    For laughter :

    Short before my holiday started , I finished my coil : potted my Mylar shielded coils in a coilhousing being very carefull no to ruin my settings during the hardening.
    Putting so much effort in this whole project , my TGS just had to find a place somewhere in the car or roofbox which were completely overloaded
    To my surprise we had a MD friendly campsite ....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4622 paint 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	329411

    Being a absolute rookie in Metal Detection I went to the beach
    for my first search ever with my home brewed TGS
    Just a small re-adjustment for GB ; the very wet sand near the coastline caused some alarms but it could also bin the loose bold inside ...
    One of employees from the travelling organisation told me nobody ever found anything on that beach ...
    What an insult for my TGS

    On the beach :
    Within a few sweeps I had a loud and clear signal only in the sand it was allmost impossible to see what I found , after a few minutes it turned out to be a very small iron ring between the tiny rocks , shells and stones .
    Who said nothing could be found on that beach ?
    I'm pretty sure I found some prove that the local pirates robbed their beer from across Europe.
    Also found the remains of their treasury : a couple of rusty nails and a highly heavyly oxidized 'red'golden coin .

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4935.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	329412

    Well it wasn't that much of value but as an old Chinese expression says :

    一分钱发财加强吊索

    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis


    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Try here, posted by Bernte1 (I may have spelled his name wrong, sorry), that is a great price:-
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    2.2KMs of wire.......
    Or here:-



    You can key in your requirements and see what it will cost.....

    Send and email here:- [email protected] for more infos.

    They are also on ebay.....

    I hope this helps.....

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • juka vk
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Hi,

    I don't know if you have fixed your problems with finding wire, or where you live on this world, but I was looking for wire today and found some great offers on ebay, de in Germany. Even a good cheap supplyer in Serbia.....

    If you tell me what country you live in maybe I can find you a good source.
    Regards
    Der Fisherman
    I found wire on ebay 3000' for 43 USD (with shipping to Croatia). Have you find cheaper? I am very grateful for your help.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Thanks for the tip.
    regards
    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Hi,

    I don't know if you have fixed your problems with finding wire, or where you live on this world, but I was looking for wire today and found some great offers on ebay, de in Germany. Even a good cheap supplyer in Serbia.....

    If you tell me what country you live in maybe I can find you a good source.
    Regards
    Der Fisherman

    hello fisherman i have looked on ebay too but find a better offer at
    menting mikroelektrik
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    2,2km of 0,25mm wire
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    Hello, i have poblem with buying copper wire. Can you please tell me where can i buy wire online. I prefere ebay but i can't find copper wire there!!!
    please help !!!
    Hi,

    I don't know if you have fixed your problems with finding wire, or where you live on this world, but I was looking for wire today and found some great offers on ebay, de in Germany. Even a good cheap supplyer in Serbia.....

    If you tell me what country you live in maybe I can find you a good source.
    Regards
    Der Fisherman

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    Tesoro Discrimination VS. Others

    Does anyone know if all VLF's (different brands) use phase discrimination like TGS? if so they all must have their inherent limitations E.G. bottlecaps, large aluminum, and iron. This must be true even if they have target id and digital readouts. Anyone?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Some initial testing.. With Tx amplitude of 8v, a 1e detection range is 33cm using an 8" x 9" concentric coil for Cibola/ Vaquero. (I can run the Tx voltage up to 16V p-p).

    Looking as some coil prices:

    Minelab coil (10" for Musketeer) - $310 retail
    A good reason to use a Tesoro coil - $149 retail.
    A great reason to make our own coils - about $45 !!

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    I just had to try to get the coil off of my Cibola to work on the TGSL Circuit. I have been finding that doing things with just one hand has some definite challenges but finally success!

    Ivconic, you were right. The coil is close enough to the Minelab coil that it works perfectly!! (on the work bench at least). GB and disc work correctly. I have not done any detection range testing but will post something up as soon as I can get my carousel hooked up again. I suspect that it will be similar to the TGSL coil.

    I need to figure out how the sheild is grounded to post the correct pinout, but will do that soon as well. Again, I am challenged at the moment with posting schematics, etc..

    Now for the bad part. I could not get the "Minelab" oscillator section to work correctly on breadboard, but was able to piggyback the oscillator from the SMW directly to the TGSL. I just had to cut one of the leads to the 2k2 resistor (R1) and change C6 below to 330n and I ran V- to ground instead. Audio is a little lower so might want to cut or relocate D5. Oscillator frequency is in the mid 8kHz range and varies depending on the amplitude setting. I suspect no different from the oscillator section on the Minelab coil version of the IGSL.

    More to come..

    Don
    Some initial testing.. With Tx amplitude of 8v, a 1e detection range is 33cm using an 8" x 9" concentric coil for Cibola/ Vaquero. (I can run the Tx voltage up to 16V p-p).

    Looking as some coil prices:

    Minelab coil (10" for Musketeer) - $310 retail
    A good reason to use a Tesoro coil - $149 retail.
    A great reason to make our own coils - about $45 !!

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Resistance is not as important as the inductance of the coil, the frequency of a Colpitts Oscillator is given by this formulae:-
    You will notice that resistance does not form part of the equation, the capacitors and the inductance does.....

    I hope this explains my recent post better.

    You can look this up here:-

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    TGSL - More coil options!

    I just had to try to get the coil off of my Cibola to work on the TGSL Circuit. I have been finding that doing things with just one hand has some definite challenges but finally success!

    Ivconic, you were right. The coil is close enough to the Minelab coil that it works perfectly!! (on the work bench at least). GB and disc work correctly. I have not done any detection range testing but will post something up as soon as I can get my carousel hooked up again. I suspect that it will be similar to the TGSL coil.

    I need to figure out how the sheild is grounded to post the correct pinout, but will do that soon as well. Again, I am challenged at the moment with posting schematics, etc..

    Now for the bad part. I could not get the "Minelab" oscillator section to work correctly on breadboard, but was able to piggyback the oscillator from the SMW directly to the TGSL. I just had to cut one of the leads to the 2k2 resistor (R1) and change C6 below to 330n and I ran V- to ground instead. Audio is a little lower so might want to cut or relocate D5. Oscillator frequency is in the mid 8kHz range and varies depending on the amplitude setting. I suspect no different from the oscillator section on the Minelab coil version of the IGSL.

    More to come..

    Don
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    now i finished coil and inductance is 6.52~6,53mH (it needs to be 6,50) is this probelm? I can remove insulating tape and Al foil and remove one or two turns, IF it is necessary, but i think that that can be measurement error

    Before putting AL tape inductance was 6,50mH.
    AS DFB said, it shouldn't matter, you are REALLY close to the correct figure.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    now i finished coil and inductance is 6.52~6,53mH (it needs to be 6,50) is this probelm? I can remove insulating tape and Al foil and remove one or two turns, IF it is necessary, but i think that that can be measurement error

    Before putting AL tape inductance was 6,50mH.
    I don't think that will be much of a problem. Your Tx coil is likely to change by that much as well once sheilds are installed. If inductances are off by too much you will be unable to GB to ferrite in the A.M. mode.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X