Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • juka vk
    replied
    now i finished coil and inductance is 6.52~6,53mH (it needs to be 6,50) is this probelm? I can remove insulating tape and Al foil and remove one or two turns, IF it is necessary, but i think that that can be measurement error

    Before putting AL tape inductance was 6,50mH.

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    i didn't cut wire because i wanted to add more turns, but first i wanted to ask
    thank you guys

    ..... resistance is not important, only inductance ?
    It is important to resistance, because it selects a certain thickness wire.

    Leave a comment:


  • juka vk
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    a) If you haven't cut the wire (if you have cut the wire goto b), add a few turns, bare a bit back, measure. Keep adding turns till you get the right value.

    b) Personally, I doubt if it will matter much.......try it as it is.
    i didn't cut wire because i wanted to add more turns, but first i wanted to ask
    thank you guys

    ..... resistance is not important, only inductance ?

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    Hi, i have problem with winding coils. I made 107 windings and i get 5,45 mH, but it need to be 6,3mH. What should i do ?? Help please !!!!
    Wrap it tightly with thread or tape, it will increase the inductance. Or keep winding.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    a) If you haven't cut the wire (if you have cut the wire goto b), add a few turns, bare a bit back, measure. Keep adding turns till you get the right value.

    b) Personally, I doubt if it will matter much.......try it as it is.

    Leave a comment:


  • juka vk
    replied
    Hi, i have problem with winding coils. I made 107 windings and i get 5,45 mH, but it need to be 6,3mH. What should i do ?? Help please !!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    I bought this few day ago and it looks pretty good. http://cgi.ebay.com/LCR-RCL-INDUCTAN...item3a6692dc0c
    If price is really important, Silverdog in the UK sells a cheap one, explicitly for MD coils.
    Look here:-
    Find information, resources and relevant links for silverdog.co.uk. This domain may be for sale.

    Click on the little dog and check the first page 10 ponds Sterling, what is that $15 or so?

    Leave a comment:


  • juka vk
    replied
    Originally posted by Waikiki_Sweep View Post
    Also I have found inexpensive digital LC meter ($29 with free shipping in US) that is necessary to measure inductance of coils:



    Thanks everybody!
    I bought this few day ago and it looks pretty good. http://cgi.ebay.com/LCR-RCL-INDUCTAN...item3a6692dc0c

    Leave a comment:


  • Waikiki_Sweep
    replied
    3200 ft (more than 1 km.) of AWG 30 for $22.84 + $5 shipping

    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    here you can buy but ask for shipping to your country
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    i bought last week a 1kg 0,25 spool ( 2200 meters) for 22 euro or so
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    better is this you can heat it and it melts togehter
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.
    Looks shipping is toooo expensive:

    Delivery within Europe: 17,85 EUR independent of weight or quantity (fixed-rate charges).
    Delivery outside Europe: 30,00 EUR independent of weight or quantity (fixed-rate charges).

    I have purchased 3200 ft (more than 1 km.) of AWG 30 for $22.84 + $5 shipping
    here:



    Purchased two days ago. Awaiting for delivery now.

    With one kilometer if wire there is a good chance to test all types of coils:
    DD, OO, Bigfoot 3.5" X 18" (TX-rectangle, RX-"8" shape). I hope Bigfoot will work for TGSL with proper inductances because I need discriminating metal detector that will cover big areas of dry sand quick.
    Also I hope to make very light fiberglass coil and fishing rod stem becase I am tired of heavy coil on my ACE-250. (Very good and quick detector. I am spending 5-6 hours running with it every day. But small coil and it is too heavy to sweep fast) I will try to chage timing for TGSL filters to make it much more faster. Speed is more important here than depth because all stuff gone from the beach every evening till it still warm .
    My last experiments with Surf PI were successful. I have made streamline 5 mm. thick fiberglass coil and thin fiberglass stem from fishing spear that can be moved in water 3 times faster than original Whites Surf PI and may-be 5-6 times faster (less muscle tension) than Whites Surf PI Dualfield or Minelab Excalibur. Resistance to movement in water is the most important quality that every brand manufacturer still neglecting .

    Also I have found inexpensive digital LC meter ($29 with free shipping in US) that is necessary to measure inductance of coils:



    Thanks everybody!

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by juka vk View Post
    Hello, i have poblem with buying copper wire. Can you please tell me where can i buy wire online. I prefere ebay but i can't find copper wire there!!!
    please help !!!
    here you can buy but ask for shipping to your country
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    i bought last week a 1kg 0,25 spool ( 2200 meters) for 22 euro or so
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    better is this you can heat it and it melts togehter
    Wir sind Hersteller und Händler von Spulen und Zubehör. Wir würden uns freuen, Ihnen individuelle Lösungen rund um die Spule anbieten zu dürfen.


    read here for this type of wire by translator

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    OP Amp Resistors

    Thanks to you and Habitbraker for answering my query so well, I don't have the possibility to check myself at this time.....

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by habitbraker View Post
    oh... but its better to make it V-folower with input grounded. Not just removing resistors
    Yes, don't just remove resistors! See: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...postcount=4682 for dual supply with no resistors.

    Always a good idea to test the current as well to make sure.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • habitbraker
    replied
    oh... but its better to make it V-folower with input grounded. Not just removing resistors

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    With regard to tying off with and without resistors, did you check and see if there was a difference with regard to current used from the metal detector?

    I see no reason to save on a few high quality resistors that I can buy for about $3 per 100, unless there is a positive gain with regard to current drawn from the battery.

    Thanks in advance

    Andy
    Are you are referring to the unused LM358 op amp?

    I have not checked the current with a test... but good idea! Let's do it.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • habitbraker
    replied
    WHAT resistors? What are you talking about? Think or buy ready-made detector

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X