Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Hi DtM!

    3. I would like to see some more graphs of your LF353 output at pin 1 (compared to TX signal on other trace) for different values of C9. What value of C9 makes the ringing completely disappear? Maybe go down to 50pf, 40pf, 30pf, etc.

    Actually, it looked pretty good at 68pf from your graphs, I would choose that value to keep maybe. It would be interesting to see your sync pulse at max and min DISC pot setting with C9 = 68pf.

    Cheers,

    -SB
    I've did a small test with different C9 values but is seems that within the range of 60 - 90 pF you the 'best' Disc signal/ shape output LM393 pin 1 ( varying of course from pcb to pcb ).


    This a picture with 68pF for C9 : Output pin1 LF353 vs output pin1 LM393 DISC signal with Disc pot at minimum / 0% .
    Still a little spike, only at the minimum of the disc potmeter

    Click image for larger version

Name:	68pf 0% disc pot.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	328710

    This 80 pF has also the same spike only at the minimum setting for the Disc pot
    Only the complete signal at the output LF353 increases.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	80 0% disc pot.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	328711


    A 100 pF for C9 gives my pcb the best cards in terms of a Disc signal without any spikes over the complete range of the Disc potmeter ...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	100pF 0% disc pot.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	328712

    122 pF gives spikes again even at 50% of the Disc potmeter

    0% :

    Click image for larger version

Name:	122pF 0% disc pot.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	328713

    50% :

    Click image for larger version

Name:	122pF 50% disc pot.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	328714

    and 168 pF : the ringing somewhat disappears

    Click image for larger version

Name:	168pF 0% disc pot.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	328715

    As said before : this part of the circuit is pretty forgiving and if someone has problems with the spikes a different value for C9 mightbe considered .


    Kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by habitbraker View Post
    I also disc out iron in all disc pot settings.At min it makes cracks and chatters
    I usually test with foil from this:http://www.balcan.net/files/images/orbit.jpg
    I can disc out it at half of disc pot setting

    When it is discriminated i get 30-35cm for my coins. I will try to find euro coin soon...

    On equestion for you Dennis: How noch function is working? Can you disc pultabs and at same time detect Cu+Nickel alloy coins?
    Hi Habitbraker ,

    I think my Disc function is working finally, still experimenting with it to be sure ...

    I haven't tried the notch function that much because I think it doesn't work at the moment.

    I recently discovered some defective parts on my pcb causing a not working Disc function for a long so I didn't spend that much time on the Disc ...

    Now I can Disc out a piece of chewing gum foil and still detect a coin at the same time.


    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • 08llyj
    replied
    bf 245c

    THKS FOR ALL EDUARDO

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    BF245C

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Tgsl Edu

    Look at that! The BF 245 no E, B, C. The pins are: G, S, D.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • 08llyj
    replied
    bf 245 c

    I MAKE MY TGSL EDUARDO1979 AND I DON T NO HOW PUT THE 2 BF 245 C ON THE PCB.
    WHERE IS THE E-B-C
    THANKS FOR ALL GUY

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Gimp image editor

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Download the Gimp Image Editor (it's free) and import the PDF file. You can then flip the image either vertically or horizontally.
    Many thanks its so easy to use, quite powerful considering its only small download and free.

    Warm Regards

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    Can anyone here tell me how i can flip the board on the pdf format? because i dont know how to do it.
    Or can someone post me a ordenary picture I can put onto office, because then its so easy.

    Many thanks in advance

    Dave
    Download the Gimp Image Editor (it's free) and import the PDF file. You can then flip the image either vertically or horizontally.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    Can anyone here tell me how i can flip the board on the pdf format? because i dont know how to do it.
    Or can someone post me a ordenary picture I can put onto office, because then its so easy.

    Many thanks in advance

    Dave
    install pdf creator
    when printing choose instead of your standard printer pdf creator
    the file goes redirected to pdf document instead of paper sheet from your printer
    i put the pcb into word.doc they are easy to fit into right size so
    but do it like you want

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    pcb board

    Can anyone here tell me how i can flip the board on the pdf format? because i dont know how to do it.
    Or can someone post me a ordenary picture I can put onto office, because then its so easy.

    Many thanks in advance

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • habitbraker
    replied
    I also disc out iron in all disc pot settings.At min it makes cracks and chatters
    I usually test with foil from this:http://www.balcan.net/files/images/orbit.jpg
    I can disc out it at half of disc pot setting

    When it is discriminated i get 30-35cm for my coins. I will try to find euro coin soon...

    On equestion for you Dennis: How noch function is working? Can you disc pultabs and at same time detect Cu+Nickel alloy coins?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Hi Dtm:

    I forgot you made TGS, not TGSL -- is that correct? Or do you have both?

    For TGS, that changes my understanding of some of your issues. For example, it probably is a little more important to have the 100K DISC pot instead of 10K, because there is another 10K pot in parallel. Also, C9 probably not a problem because TX wave will be smooth and smaller voltage. Also, you would expect less air depth because smaller TX signal.

    Next step is to get results of your DISC mode detection - what depth, what coins used? Also, which circuit (TGS or TGSL)?!

    TGSL for dummies project is ambitious, and you end up teaching yourself how it all works! Some people may want permissions for exact design for example PCB layouts I would think. I hope someday I can make a significantly modified design and my own layout of some MD and publish a book/manual also. I use lulu.com for my publishing projects.

    Cheers,

    -SB
    Hi ,

    I made , or trying to make ... , the TGS .

    I really don't know what to expect for DISC .

    It seems to discriminate iron in all setting of the disc pot .

    What can I use more for disc testing ?
    A smallish piece of AL foil , US nickel ( seems similar as the inside of a 2euro coin ( have to dismantle a 2 euro coin ) ??
    Any suggestions for the test and a what distances should it disc out ?

    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • fmnotes
    replied
    Hello.
    I request a question.
    I have made tgsl 3.0 version.
    detects 1 Euro in the 16 cm
    it is well?
    if exists problem,
    say me what I correct.
    I thank.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
    Tgsl complet.
    Thanks eduardo.

    (For some reason, the Window "unzipper" thinks the .lay file is password protected, but another unzipper worked fine.)

    If anyone has complete schematic including changes, would be nice to have.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Tgsl Edu

    Tgsl complet.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X