Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    I'm bumming. I had my TGSL working fine on an original brown Tesoro coil then decided
    to make a minelab style coil. Now it beeps like a woodpecker. Must be the 14 mh RX
    picks up too much signal?. Sens doesn't do anything neither does changing the null.
    Maybe the RX is tuned too close to the TX? I figured on 1.5 to 2 khz difference..

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I was testing today in field - 4 hours
    Went to my "clean" hunted out location (hunted out with surf pi pro)
    There were some false signals - one beep on swing or change of terrain (bump in ground or similar)
    Found lot's of foil ;( but I wanted to find gold so I dug everything
    4-5 square nails I recognised in all metal mode and rejected in disc but I have them in my bag
    Found also one Celtic fibula - leftovers from more than a year of hunting
    Minie ball, musket ball, few shotgun and rifle casings...
    more than a fun day...

    Used half of sensitivity to stabilize TGSL

    I will try to find smaller ferrite - round from radio
    I have one big (in video) and two halves (of same size), few circular ferrite rings

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    have you test enable on Disc mod then test with gold ring or gold coin

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    If you set geb control so you get silver but also get ferrite, then slowly back off the control so you just lose the ferrite - you should still have the silver.

    If you back it off excessively to really get rid of ferrite, with margin - you may loose the silver ( as silvers response is 'late' phase wise ) and ferrite is 'early'

    Sure there is no susbtitute for your local ground as that is what you will be detecting on.


    I was sceptical, but I set up a
    modded 14kHz Garret to ferrite and anything other than that setting falses on my soil.
    same on
    Un modded ACE 250
    Same with my deus
    Same with my IDX


    my IGSL. This design was the most difficult to get going correctly and I used to not get full ferrite reject and I used to loose some metals too during construction.
    It als didnt like wet grass, but this may have been how I wierd the coil and my screen. Althought it worked I never really trusted it and most hobbyists wouldnt get on on with these.


    It says my soil is like ferrite.

    Aincient high mineral soils like Oz I would imagine could be tricky to GEB and still get all target alloys on a dual channel device. A third channel would likely be required to geb. With CH1 to iron end and ch2 out toward siilver



    I often use a few types of ferrite,

    I have a small peice from an AM radio 1cm long 1cm dia
    a clip-on mains filter ferrite which if quite chunky, 3cm long 1.5cm dia
    a ferrite ring, painted red 1.5cm across ( generally, avoid rings for targets, but ferrite rings seem ok for GEB tests )


    All of these ferrites reject with the same setting.

    Distance rule of thumb dont go closer than about 2cm, as a big chunk can detune or pull the Tx or Rx loops and then the false is from the loop pull, not the kits inability to average out the single phase response from the ferrite.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    The real ground not ferrite is whats important

    I normally move the ferrite towards the coil stopping about two cm away. No hard and fast rules as long as the balance point is not at the end of the pots movement.

    For best depth in disc mode set is slightly negative so there is a faint bong noise

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    tried again - next setting GB - lost silver
    and again - little bit better - used half of ferrite
    no one says how many cm away and how big ferrite

    next time I will use different trim pot - multiturn gives more adjusting sensitivity

    tommorow - field test

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Recorded a video of testing.


    Is this too big ferrite for this test ? or too close
    I was using smaller 3-4 cm rod and it was OK.

    Half dollar is not showing always - kennedy 1972 - not silver

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    3.5x20us = 14.3kHz

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    The frequency should be the same as the TX.

    The way it works is the receiver is purposely detuned from the transmit to avoid phase
    changes. So your transmit should be 14.0 - 15.0 khz and the receiver is tuned to a different
    frequency (usually 1 - 2 khz higher) but receives the transmit frequency just at a lower
    amplitude (because of the detuning).

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I don't have direct measurements with scope but it can be calculated... from my last screencap

    2,5 cycles in 180uS
    by my calculations about 13,888 MHz but I not math expert

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    how many frequency you get when you nulling coil ? khz

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    much better looks correct amplitudes...


    Your goal now iis making sure ferrite can be rejected, or not heard by setting the GEB pot. If you can reject ferrite, It will detect all of the good alloys and you made a detector !

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Second coil with second TGSL
    Click image for larger version

Name:	second coil TX and pin 7 LF353.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	341152

    Coil is hotglued in place

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    OK, this coil can't be useful ... it is sealed

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    you dont need to desolder any thing.


    You dont need cal with your traces.


    You have too much Rx output - you see the flat tops on the sine wave.

    Need to null this better. If all potted up, then maybe too late.

    Pot next one with scope on it

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X