If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thank You for good photos
if you sent info about parts (transistors and others) is same or not with shema will be helpfull for all.
İf you could sent this photo before this thread will be not soo much long
no problem Molzar.thanks for your warning....
do you have TGS or TGSL?test seems good..
Leave a comment:
Guest replied
Hi,
Did some air tests with 8" coil.
Discrimination Mode (Full Sense)
US 25 cent = 20 cm (Silver)
US 5 Cent = 22cm
All Metal Mode may be 1-2 more cm
Unit becomes a little unstable set at 9 or above on Sense.
So no surprizes.
Took apart tonight to have closer look inside. Component values and locations seem to be as per Kurtie100 component layout. Haven't checked every component as yet but did check quite a few and they match perfectly. Solder side of pcb is work of art. Artwork was made by hand (like they did in the 80s) and is very curvy. ICs are Motorola and NatSemi. Sorry I can't post photo but no good camera here. Will post some shots next week. Might be tough to get good shot of component side because of all wiring.
Also things are not going well here personnally so hobby may take "back chair". But I try to post next week.
Recieved the orginal beast today. Took a quick look inside and........
Is just what I had thought previously, pcb looks like almost perfect match for one posted by Kurtie100 on page 1!
Of course this was just quick peek, will do more thorough analysis soon.
Molzar
Hi Molzar
It will be very interesting to see pictures of the board.Hope you can also let us know about performances, to compare with the homemade one.
Regards,
Fred.
Yes... could be very interesting to take a glance at "original beast". But I not that optimistical there will be any real big difference. I think performance be less than results posted here as handmades I think can be tweaked much higher performance. Is be fun though, may be here by week end. Will keep you informed.
Molzar
Lots of questions can be answered... which side of LM7808 are big capacitors, audio driver circuit, feedforward resistor, etc..... fun!
Yes... could be very interesting to take a glance at "original beast". But I not that optimistical there will be any real big difference. I think performance be less than results posted here as handmades I think can be tweaked much higher performance. Is be fun though, may be here by week end. Will keep you informed.
Leave a comment: