Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • okantex
    replied
    I have Added some points like
    A! ,A2 ,A3 to the shematic.

    do you mean A1 must be connectted to Y .
    and rest are empty.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Golden Sabre

    Hi Ivconic and many thanks for your comments. yes i think i ll do two coils. One for coing shooting and the smaller one for gold hunting.
    My circuit is 40% advanced and if i have the time i think it will be ready in a few days and of course i ll post my experiencies.
    Best regards
    Nelson
    Santiago, CHILE >SA

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes Geo i received it.I already had it...never mind, thank you anyway!
    Best regards!

    Okantex,
    In G.Sabre you have 7808 type regulator giving +8 volts.
    Also you have chopper which should generate arround -8 volts theoretically. But,practically
    no need to expect "clear" -8 volts from it. It should generate arround -6.xx volts which is
    quite enough to run G.Sabre properly.
    I am using 12v/1.3Ah battery with my G.Sabre. Audio is consuming some power, but still has no
    affects on overall performaces, so you do not have to worry about that.
    If you want to use 9v battery, fine..it will work. Due lasting longer you may use 2 of them
    in parallel connection.
    "...if this detector is good on detecting gold nuggets?..."
    Yes. I think it is suitable, although i havent tested it on those. Mostly i tested it on
    coins and small items and it is working perfect!
    Asuming that you'll have to make smaller coil for nugget hunting. I suggest you to make
    4" to 6" coil for that purpose.
    Garret ace 250 is good detector but not compareable with G.Sabre at all! No competition!
    ....

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    .....

    Yes Geo i received it.I already had it...never mind, thank you anyway!
    Best regards!

    Okantex,
    In G.Sabre you have 7808 type regulator giving +8 volts.
    Also you have chopper which should generate arround -8 volts theoretically. But,practically
    no need to expect "clear" -8 volts from it. It should generate arround -6.xx volts which is
    quite enough to run G.Sabre properly.
    I am using 12v/1.3Ah battery with my G.Sabre. Audio is consuming some power, but still has no
    affects on overall performaces, so you do not have to worry about that.
    If you want to use 9v battery, fine..it will work. Due lasting longer you may use 2 of them
    in parallel connection.
    "...if this detector is good on detecting gold nuggets?..."
    Yes. I think it is suitable, although i havent tested it on those. Mostly i tested it on
    coins and small items and it is working perfect!
    Asuming that you'll have to make smaller coil for nugget hunting. I suggest you to make
    4" to 6" coil for that purpose.
    Garret ace 250 is good detector but not compareable with G.Sabre at all! No competition!
    ....

    Leave a comment:


  • fitos
    replied
    desoro golden sabre connection

    Originally posted by erolunall View Post
    Hi İvconic and all

    I saw that connection of Y is not shown anywhere.
    There are x--w connection all met/disc connection.
    Where we will connect Y?
    near x--w connection all met/disc or not?
    Regards
    Erol
    Hi erolunall
    YES connect near W

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    golden sabre connection

    Hi İvconic and all

    I saw that connection of Y is not shown anywhere.
    There are x--w connection all met/disc connection.
    Where we will connect Y?
    near x--w connection all met/disc or not?
    Regards
    Erol

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Vcc is +8v, Vdd is -6.xx v

    +Batt. is +12v and -Batt. is -12v....which means directly to one and only battery....if used 9 v batt, than same thing...

    I am using 12v /1.3Ah accu. to supply G.Sabre....If want to use 9v batts than use it, no problem. To last longer you may use 2 of them connected parallel....- more current, same voltage...

    regards
    Hi Ivica.
    Please did you receive the mail of Eldorado pcb??
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Golden sabre question?

    Hi Ivconic, i m working on golden sabre project and my question is if this detector is good on detecting gold nuggets?
    Mine will be finish in a week or two, so for it i have plan to make a standar coil and also a small one. The idea is to have a machine for gold nugget hunting and coin shooting.
    My garret ace 250 is doing very good, but lacks on deep (only 8 inches maximun for a coin) and no sound adjustment. Also cant detect a 1 gram gold nugget.
    Your knolegment and experience will be very helpfull to finish this golden sabre projects.
    Best regards and congratulations for your big support to metal detectors builders.
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Extreme good results!!!
    I finished packing it in box.Also finished smaller coil and preparing a bit larger.
    Both tested.
    1cm coin at 36cm with larger coil, absoulute stabile, no drifts,no hums,no false signals!!! Discrimination perfect!
    1cm coin at 30cm with smaller coil.........rest same as with larger!
    Smaller coil tested on ground. 29cm depth detection of 1cm coin burried in ground! Much better than Musketeer!
    " ...if Minelab can do, why dont we?"

    I told you...didnt i?

    Both coils same inductances; 6.5mH for Rx and 6mH for TX.... (double D)

    Larger 26x26cm and smaller 24x13cm (double O coil)


    What to say?
    I guess i was sort of blind, wasting my time with Classic so far....

    This Golden Sabre is perfectly optimized, thats why so good results!
    I dare to say that it is much better than Bandido too.
    So....thats all so far!
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi
    "
    Vcc is +8v, Vdd is -6.xx v
    "
    I did not understand these words.
    what do they mean in technically.
    in zahori they were connected to battary +9 and-9 .

    here you say+8 -6 .what will I do these pins.
    I wantted to say.will I use two battaries .one 9v for Vcc and Vdd of audio another 12v battary for other pins of audio and the pcb.


    if I use 9v for all will I loss performance.if so I do not want to use 9 volt.if ICs need 12v I will use 12v.in schematic there is tl062 .does not it need 12v as I remember from delta.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ....

    Vcc is +8v, Vdd is -6.xx v

    +Batt. is +12v and -Batt. is -12v....which means directly to one and only battery....if used 9 v batt, than same thing...

    I am using 12v /1.3Ah accu. to supply G.Sabre....If want to use 9v batts than use it, no problem. To last longer you may use 2 of them connected parallel....- more current, same voltage...

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    and in modified shcmatic there is one 9v.where will I supply it.
    will I add 9v battery for these.

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi Ivconic
    or Mr. Lecturer
    I have a question.
    zahori 's power supply 9 volt .and Vdd and Vcc and all bats go to +9V and -9V.
    but inhere goden sabre power supply is 12V.
    will bats be +12v ,-12v.
    and what will Vdd and Vcc be? 12 or 9.
    and what do Vdd and Vcc means .

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi Max
    forgive me for wrong link

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Ivconic.
    Can you tell me if i can replace BF245C by 2n5484, becuse this transistor is very common here in Chile.
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Fat fets....Sheesh!

    Instead BF245 i used J107. U may use any simillar, look in some charts, find simillar...
    No problem, come with questions, but you will not have any problem with this, it will work fine from a start....
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Okan...


    Okan...look at this...
    regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Leto View Post
    How to overcome poor audio on Golden Sabre?

    As I see the problem - sound just needs some amplification,
    and it just happens that I have lots of surplus LM388 - 1.5W audio amplifiers.
    This IC is obsolite and discontinued but has great charateristics..
    supply voltage: 4 - 12 volts
    output power: 1.5W / 8 ohm
    it adds 20mA to total consumption
    minimum external parts

    Circuit used is from datasheet (gain - 20x) and it works perfect.

    Faintest sounds are well amplified and for close targets volume control was added.
    Hi Leto,
    well done. Simple, easy and functional !
    I think that using the optocoupler could avoid problems related to feedback due to current variations...caused by output stage in circuits like bandido that are really sensitive to noise and produce much commutations related to poor supply rejection of overall circuit.
    I think that golden don't suffer from that problem so your solution could be the right choice for it.
    Pretty nice also the small pcb!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X