hi
RRRRRRR
They have zd 2.7V/500mW and zd 3.6V/500mW !!
But I think that I will find easy zd 3.0V(or3.1V) 0,250W than 7808!!
Thanks
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Guest replied
-
Guest repliedHi
Thank you very much MAX I will try tomorrow and will tell you how it goes!!!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Unregistered View PostIvconic,
I sill cant find to buy 7808!
In stores there are 78L05,78L09 and 7805,7809!I dont know why they dont have 7808!
I am begginer whit major B,so can I use some of those 78L05,78L09 ,7805,7809
that are aveilabe?Or I am trying to learn to FLY?
Thanks
if you can't find a 8v regulator you can do another way...
Have they a zener diode of 3v (or 3.1v) 1/4 watt ? Ask. If so you need a 7805 and to connect catode (the ringed side of the small diode) to the central pin of 7805 (gnd pin) and the other lead of diode to the circuit gnd.
This way you get a 3 (or 3.1 ) volt voltage at reference of 7805 and so you'll get 5+3 (or 5+3.1) volts = 8 at the output pin.
No other mods needed.
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedHello,
Ivconic,
I sill cant find to buy 7808!
In stores there are 78L05,78L09 and 7805,7809!I dont know why they dont have 7808!
I am begginer whit major B,so can I use some of those 78L05,78L09 ,7805,7809
that are aveilabe?Or I am trying to learn to FLY?
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedHello
Thank you for encouraging words!
I am very Greateful for your Help!
I can find TL081;
And TL072,TL082.Which shell I use?
One more thing when I have looked the PCB again there is one capacitator which
have no value?Can I use other 10 mF insted of 10mF TANT.?
Thanks again!!!!
Leave a comment:
-
....
Unregistered, no need to be confused....All hints and mods here are true on some way.....Various experiments giving various experiences....You should consider schematic and pcb as separate project from coils....Various coil arrangements can be used with any detector....
Also you have to be a bit experienced to build such detector.
You just can not ask "...what is 7808..."...???? And expecting to build whole detector at first glance....just like that!?
Any help you need i 'll be very glad to give you....
"...LM393,LF353,LM308N ..."
LM393 is not replaceable....as far as i know....Simple,ordinary komparator.Cheap and easy to obtain anywhere in any shop....
LF353 could be replaced with simillar op-amp....dependable of setup...You shoul ask for comparsion charts on the net....
LM308 is rather old and obsolete op-amp.....simillar to TL081...
LF353 can be replaced (in some cases) with TL072 or TL082....but i am not sure it will remain same performances....
At the end;
7808 is voltage regulator which should give regulated and stabile +8 volts at output....
Not possiblle that you dont know about voltage regulators???? Or you are just joker???
PCB is correct, placement is correct...schematic has few errors, but generally is useable.....Obey pcb and placement and youll make good detector...
regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Guest replied?
And awso can't find to buy LM393,LF353,LM308N can I you tell me is there a substitue for this IC's?
What is this 7808?
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Guest replied?
Hello,
I am begginer can someone post correct schematic,connections and other stuff together PLEASE?
Wasn't this site for begginers?
I can't understand awso in zipped file fom Kurtie_100 on the schematic there are LM2930 and LF442,AND THEY DONT EXZIST ON THE READY PCB IN THE SAME ZIPP WHY?
I will be very greatefull if you help me build this detector!
THANKS
Leave a comment:
-
....
Erolunal, i think you used wrong wire gauge....maybe? It should read 0.28mm with varnish, to be 0.25mm without varnish...
Or maybe wrong former size..?
Read again all posts and compare with your coil....
My resistances are 99% close..
regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by erolunall View PostHello
I made tesero golden sabre and it is working like İvconis but not same performans same When switching ON, at first, there is constant audio tone for 3-4 seconds, than decays and
stops. Than it is ready and start working .
but performans not same 10x10 metal its signalling fom 25-30 cm
Coil 0.25 mm and 23 cm same turn with ivconics but it is not 23 ohm
it is 36 ohm resistance .
I can not find 4.7 bi polar capacitor
I connect 2 10mf capacitor - ++ -
to get 5 mf ..all of other parts same with schematic.
if anyone have any sucession to improve performance?
I'm not sure...of all...but I have original tesoro coil...and can't be 0.25mm diameter wire for sure! Must be something more...use e.g. 30AWG or more...
you need 6.5-7mH and about 22-23ohm resistance. In homemade coils special care is needed to null rx signal with bucking coil. Be very careful...use scope (if you have it) measure just some few mV peak-to-peak...or you'll overload your detector...thus resulting in loss of depth.
Read old posts about tesoro's coils...all you need is just right there.
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedThe startup sound is the batt. check, this is normal !
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedTurn the transistor MPSA13 (BC517)Originally posted by erolunall View PostHello
I made tesero golden sabre and it is working like İvconis but not same performans same When switching ON, at first, there is constant audio tone for 3-4 seconds, than decays and
stops. Than it is ready and start working .
Leave a comment:
-
golden sabre
Hello
I made tesero golden sabre and it is working like İvconis but not same performans same When switching ON, at first, there is constant audio tone for 3-4 seconds, than decays and
stops. Than it is ready and start working .
but performans not same 10x10 metal its signalling fom 25-30 cm
Coil 0.25 mm and 23 cm same turn with ivconics but it is not 23 ohm
it is 36 ohm resistance .
I can not find 4.7 bi polar capacitor
I connect 2 10mf capacitor - ++ -
to get 5 mf ..all of other parts same with schematic.
if anyone have any sucession to improve performance?
Leave a comment:
-
Coil Inductances
Hi Ivconic, please forget my question about coil inductances, because i had read previous post from you and this explain with details what i have asked.
Regards
Nelson
Originally posted by ivconic View Post
O.K. Unregistered, i failed to make proper coil, i suppose...Anyway, i am satisfy with this one. Why dont you register and join the club? We need more people here on this subject. Best regards!
Geo, yes i tried with CL3 and results are very good. But OO coils for CL3 are different...step up relation 1:4, you know what i mean...
Now in addition post i prepared early this morning but not posted until now:
My last post i posted with one eye focused on watch, to avoid "time out"
message here. I just finished for today (night) dealing with G.Sabre and
coils. I am so tired, exausted you may say. Whole day, yesterday i spend
experimetning with different coils. That's why my last post is so sloppy....
even with gramatical&syntax errors. Sorry people!
Few things i forgot to write here;
first, i used 0.3mm wire for TX - 97 turns on 22cm former than reassembled
and same wire used on 11cm former! Inductance is 6.7mH,
resistance 23.7 ohms.
I also used 0.4mm wire for RX.....sheeesh! I dont remember that i measured
inductance at all !!!??? Sheeesh!
So, 145 turns for RX...(finall RX coil).I also made 3 more RX coils with turns
from 88 to 160, and with wire from 0.3mm to 0.5mm. Than i experimented with all
RX coils i made....All of those 4 RX coils worked pretty good? Which leads me to
conclusion than G.Sabre RX input have sort of wide "band width"?! Finally i decided
to use 145 turns RX coil cose noticed better performances than with others...
I made farady cage with Al foil on both coils. I think this is crucial for
stabillity. Also way how to connect F.cage in overall setup.
I noticed quite obvious variance beetwen schematic and pcb. There is not connection
between RX inputs and gnd on pcb, while it is made on schematic!?
I wasnt sure which way is correct (although checked all Tesoro schematics and saw
no connection on those), so decided to try both ways and see the difference.
There is difference in stabillity; pretty unstabile when RX connected to gnd, despite
F.Cage (coupling, twisted pair or something else....), never mind.
But when RX not connected on gnd (respecting only pcb), coil is very stabile.
To check that, i "punched" cables,coil,pcb....shaked,twisted....tortured it on many
ways.....and it was very cool! Not even one false signal! Very,very good!
But! The secret is in way how to connect F.cage; i connected both AL foils very
shortly (as short as could be, due certain movements while adjusting coils)...
Than both Al foils (F.Cage) connected also shortest way to gnd side of TX.
Than used 1 coaxial and one "twin lead" cable and made connection with pcb.Coaxial
is for TX and twin lead for RX. And that is all. Perfectly stabile.
Oh i forgot, i used 12cm former for both coils to wind. Very small, isnt it?
But results were astonishing! 2cm coin detecting at 27cm distance in all metal mode and
22 cm in disc mode! I can only imagine results with larger diammeter coil!?
Cigarretes package detected over 40cm! Cola can over 50cm !
Discrimination is very good, much better than Classic 3...Sensitivity to small gold
items also very good, much,much better than Classic 3!
Somehow, i have feeling that this is not all. I did all this very sloppy, experimenting
all day, without concrete concept. Just "playing" with different coils and setups....
At the end, very tired, i lost concentration and decided to take rest for a while, until
be able to make any conclusions from that experiences and establish proper method for
making this type of coil by some standards in future.
I also wish to experiment with larger diammeters and see limits.
Results are more than good. But remember that all is done on the table, in workshop!
It will need to take out this coil and put it under real tests, in real conditions.
I am encouraged even now, cose it showed great stabillity. Comparing with my previous
experiences with CL3 and other coils (big number of those) i have great expectations
from this coil on the real field,outdoor....But we will see.
Dont forget great Minelab and its DD coils, probably the best coils on market today!
I always keep thinking on TS800 18cm coil for Musketeer, which showed best performances
ever in my not so poor experience on that matter.
DD and OO coils are pretty much simillar, almost the same concept....so if Minelab can do,
why not we?
I tried to keep preferences of coil as close to original as i can. So inductances are
pretty close to original.....arround 6mH...some to 6.5mH....Resistances are also close....
22 to 23 ohms....I used wires from 0.3mm...some to 0.4mm...
Only one thing bugs me with this G.Sabre i made;
When switching ON, at first, there is constant audio tone for 3-4 seconds, than decays and
stops. Than it is ready and start working perfect! Is this normal!?
If it is not, than i suspect some capacitor maybe not good, or maybe some fet or transistor?
Cose i used very old J107 fets from very,very old and rusty scraped pcb...dirty and look
100 years old! They all looking good, but those are very old components...."exausted" much!
Also, i put very old (but tested and good) Bi-polars....Heh, 2 of them are 4.7uF and 2 of them
3.3 uF....I couldnt find 4 same....so i put 3.3 just to test device, and those stayed on it.
Also i put old elco's (220uF), but also previously tested with cap. meter.
In TX i put BC557, in audio put MPSA14....i forgot; in TX and in chopper there are 2 BF245b
still (not replaced with J107)....the rest of fets are J107's....
IC's are all originals - no replacements.
So, why it "singing" when switched ON for few seconds? Anybody have any idea?
Regards!
P.S.
Be free to make simillar coil. I am not joking at all, not lying for sure!
Make your own coil and see. Later post here your results. I would like to see if any
differences? Also i would like to hear some more tips here about this (now free to say)
very,very good detector!

Leave a comment:
-
A few questions about G. Sabre
Hi Ivconic, i have a few question about G. sabre:
1.- What are the inductances for TX and RX coil?
2.- Do you have construcción details for a 4" or 6" coil?
3.- Did you modified the audio circuit and how?
4.- You said that you are running the detector from a 12 V source. My question, did you connected it directly to 12 V or did you use a voltage regulator?
Finally, do you or someone else, have the Golden Sabre manual to share?
Regards
Nelson
Originally posted by ivconic View Post
If you think on very big iron items...than dont worry! It is quite normal to make some sound on it even in full disc. mode....Dont worry. Same with few Minelabs i owned so far, same with Garrett, Fisher,White's.....
I checked this behaviour on scope with G.Sabre;
I can see huge rise of amplitude after first ampification at RX...but there is no tone or in some cases "cracked" tone which is very significant so on real field i can be absolute sure that it is iron mass.....
Very interesting is observing ferrite detection on scope;
no sound at all but huge...and i mean huge rise of amplitude!?
I finally gained what i wanted with this last coil of mine; DD coil, 21cm diamm.
0.25mm wire, TX 141 wind. and RX 150 wind.....
Main geag is when nulling coil strictly to use ferrite rod and adjust balance just slice to "crack" on rod, but only when it is so close to coil to touch it...
Than you can see that there is no sound when ferrite rod is in the middle of coil (center) but on edges it still produce "cracks" in audio....
That is well balanced coil. I tested it yesterday on very "sharp" fieald with high level of mineralisation and it showed excellent performances!
No false signals at all. Discrimination -perfect! Depth also excellent!
Found one small roman coin deeper than 15cm.....(bronze)....
But i also noticed very poor sensitivity on small and middle iron items???
Only very large iron items are detected well. Heh!? I think we cant have all!?
I dont like Bandido....sorry.... I do like G. Sabre very much cose i am coinshooter mostly...it showed as excelllent on coins so far...
Try to observe Bandido behaviour on scope while detecting various items.....
You'll see interesting things...
Few days ago i heard "bijou" that G.Sabre, such as other Tesoro's are not working well with DD coils....!? Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!
Not true!
Best regards!

Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: