Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Max.
    Can you help me with my questions below.
    Thanks

    Nelson


    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hey Max, about this........

    Originally Posted by Max
    Hi Shahab,
    think that we treated before... anyway I use with success this DD.
    Outer diameter of DD coil = 22cm
    Wire diameter/gauge 0.25mm(30AWG) measured without varnish (0.28 with varnish)
    Tx turns = 120
    Rx turns = 120 (but you maybe would use a bit more 125-135)
    Resistance of both around 22ohm (must be from 18 to 24ohm)

    Null as well as you can... read previous posts for how to.

    Then test before without shields and see how it goes... if you get e.g. 25cm for 1cm coin you are on the right way. Then add spiral of foil... as shield as described.
    Fix everything in housing using epoxy.

    I can detect 1eur coin at 30cm underground with that coil and bandidoII. Coil would be even better on GS.

    CAN YOU POST DETAILS OF YOUR COIL, LIKE: INDUCTANCE MEASURED, RESISTANCE, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DIAMETER.

    I NEED THIS TO COMPARE MY PREVIUS COILS. REMEMBER THAT FOR A 22 CMS COILS, ON PREVIUS POST NUMBERS OF TURNS WHERE BTW 141 AND 151. MY TESTS SHOWS THAT WORKING TO GET THE CORRECT IMPEDANCE (BTW 19 AND 22 OHMS), YOU GET VERY CLOSE TO THE INDUCTANCE REQUESTED. ALSO WHEN I TAIGTH THE COILS HAS ALL KOW, THE INDUCTANCE GOES UP, SO FOR THIS I NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH INDUCTANCE YOU GOT BEFORE YOU PLACE THE CORD, FOILS AND TAPE, AND HOW MUCH YOU GOT AFTER YOU FINISH YOUR COIL.
    MY 28 CMS COILS HAVE 80 TO 85 TURNS, INNER DIAMETER IS 27.5 CMS, INDUCTANDE AROUND 5.5 mH AND AFTER I TIGHTED BTW 8 AND 9 mH AND RESISTANCE IS OK BTW 20 TO 21.6 OHMS.
    SO PLEASE, LET ME KNOW THIS VITAL INFORMATION TO COMPERA MY RESULTS WITH YOURS.
    REGARDS

    NELSON

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    The Helmet is German or Italian ?????

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Learn...


    "..Hi ivconic,
    ? Is it a challenge ??? .."

    No, it is not. I have ...around 50 000 different transistors here...
    On photo only showed my favorites (most used)..There are 2500-3000
    transistors on photo only....Who wants to challenge anyway..?


    "...And IVCONIC you cant tell by first sight expecialy if someone
    explain to you and you cant see with your eyes.Everyones misstakes..."

    Yes, i agree! As man of honor i would not back my previous words:
    "If your PN2222 is different than CBE...than send it to me by mail
    i will eat it infront of the camera! I swear..."

    Only, no need for you to send it. I have enough here to eat!

    Max:
    "PN2222 USA pinout CBE
    BC2222 Europe pinout EBC
    C2222 Japanese pinout BCE"

    Max, this is very strange!? I am Euoropean. Never used or saw any
    2222 with EBC in my life!?
    My favorites (and most used) are BC... ! All of them i used so far
    are CBE ???!? I swear!

    Except few obsolete's, out of production now... Also "BC2222" ???
    I think there is no BC2222...! I never saw it!
    Or C2222...?? Or 2SC2222...never saw it!


    Only transistors (small signal,TO-92) i am using, with EBC are:
    S9012,S9013,S9014,S9015,S9018, MPSA13,MPSA14,2N2907....!? That's all!
    But...as TikTak said: "...Everyones misstakes..."
    As long as man live, he learning...Today i learned much!
    Thanks a lot!


    Best regards!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    I were just begin to loose hope!You make me very happy!

    Even that its not working well yet I have noticed very /strange/ GOOD respond to coins?!?!?!
    Wow!If I reach around your results I will be in the game!
    This is my first "good looking PCB" and I am so happy that with your help its working!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Max how much windings will be best to wind with this 0,30mm wire with IVCONICS dimensions??D=28cm dd coil?
    TX? RX?
    this is now TX 115 and RX 118
    THANKS AGAIN MAN YOU SAVE THE DAY!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Thanks for incoriging words MAX!
    You have found it!
    I have turned them and its look like they are E B C!
    Because now its unstable,but the sound stops afther 3 seconds and when I have played with coils I have found point where I can detect coin!!!
    So thanks!
    The funniest thing is that I have fitted them first time E B C then without test turn C B E and now when I test with E B C configuration its look like its a live!!!
    Thank to all and especialy to MAX!!!
    I will turn attention to coil now!
    See you soon!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    max I have only one ugly chinees multimeter here!
    I will go tomorrow and buy new!Digital.
    Please tell me because I have turned them allready!
    Should I test!
    Or I will burn something?
    Thanks
    Hi tiktak,
    if you have PN2222 marked on the case you would be safe using on semi pinout and then orientation in the pcb. It's the PN that makes the difference (most of the times):

    PN2222 USA pinout CBE
    BC2222 Europe pinout EBC
    C2222 Japanese pinout BCE

    So the first part of the "film" say you what is it.

    There is the possibility that you found PN2222 Japanese version but I think is less than 1% prob. for real. So, don't worry, you'll don't burn stuff.

    Of course, if you have/can buy a multimeter with Tr test (hfe) would be better... and you'll be sure that way. Anyway, in these circuit you couldn't damage transistors e.g. reversing E and C... don't worry. Follow the PCB assembly scheme and USA-pinout.

    Fact that you have already it oscillate means you are on the right way

    Best regards,
    Max

    PS: don't turn them if they are in correct position , look at letters E B C in schema, using usa-pinout : you have to match them with pn2222 pinout (usa), DOT is E, central is B, and other side is C

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    max I have only one ugly chinees multimeter here!
    I will go tomorrow and buy new!Digital.
    Please tell me because I have turned them allready!
    Should I test!
    Or I will burn something?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Thanks,
    again Max!!!

    I will try and post results!
    And IVCONIC you cant tell by first sight expecialy if someone explain to you and you cant see with your eyes.Everyones misstakes.
    Thank you all for the help!

    p.s.If you wanna I will send you one or two!))))))
    Hi tiktak,
    ok I've just missed one point I've assumed you have the USA config:

    The bad news:
    "
    This is not true for TO92, for this case the most common pinout in Europe
    (BC...) is EBC but US types (as PN2222) usually have CBE and Japanese ones
    (and some high power types) use BCE."

    It's the so called "pn2222 madness" (I'm serious, is a big problem for massive production).

    Now, the good news:
    Don't worry... at least 70% of global production of PN2222 is as ON SEMI has in datasheet. I belive you have as in that datasheet. My PN2222 are all that way too. Refer to that configuration for know and, if you can, make the test Ivconic suggested to be sure(measuring hfe with multimeter).

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Thanks,
    again Max!!!

    I will try and post results!
    And IVCONIC you cant tell by first sight expecialy if someone explain to you and you cant see with your eyes.Everyones misstakes.
    Thank you all for the help!

    p.s.If you wanna I will send you one or two!))))))

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Max, you have to ask yourself one question....

    Who is transistorized here?
    Hi ivconic,
    ? Is it a challenge ???
    I have much more... ehm maybe 250+ x PN2222 new , who knows???
    Never counted! I use weight to count...

    I have also a huge number of "unidentified" transistors... (no numbers or anything) , surprise devices, good for "mission impossible assembling"!
    (but you could lost in space with them)

    Ehm sometimes happens that I smoke them too...
    due to violent explosions...
    Take a look.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    If it turns at the end that i was wrong about pin assignments...?
    I have over 60 pieces of various 2222: MPS2222, 2N2222, PN2222...
    In metalic and in plastic cases - both...
    All OF THEM ARE C B E ! Neither one is different. I havent seen
    2222 transistor ever with different pin assignments! Trust me!

    If your PN2222 is different than CBE...than send it to me by mail
    i will eat it infront of the camera! I swear!

    Besides, you do not need to trust me or Max or anybody else here.
    There is very easy way to check pin asignments..Look at photo!
    Only if you put proper pin to proper socket instrument will
    display Hfe....Any other way it will display either "0000" or "I."
    dependable of instrument type....
    So, you should put your PN2222 in instrument like this one and check
    it...
    You could do that from the begining without asking any questions..

    Sheeeeeeeeeesh!!!

    I will dream nightmares tonight..."huge,monster PN2222 is chasing me
    arround.....!!!"
    Hi,
    "If your PN2222 is different than CBE...than send it to me by mail
    i will eat it infront of the camera! I swear!"


    Relax, don't do it...

    TikTak: you can trust ON SEMI... even if they aren't cowboys!
    Belive that it is the right pinout !

    Now let me smoke that damn cigar!

    (And then Eastwood admitted, ruefully, ‘Well, yeah, puffing on these things put me in the right frame of mind – kind of a fog.’)

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Clint?

    Max, you have to ask yourself one question....

    Who is transistorized here?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Nightmare!!!

    If it turns at the end that i was wrong about pin assignments...?
    I have over 60 pieces of various 2222: MPS2222, 2N2222, PN2222...
    In metalic and in plastic cases - both...
    All OF THEM ARE C B E ! Neither one is different. I havent seen
    2222 transistor ever with different pin assignments! Trust me!

    If your PN2222 is different than CBE...than send it to me by mail
    i will eat it infront of the camera! I swear!

    Besides, you do not need to trust me or Max or anybody else here.
    There is very easy way to check pin asignments..Look at photo!
    Only if you put proper pin to proper socket instrument will
    display Hfe....Any other way it will display either "0000" or "I."
    dependable of instrument type....
    So, you should put your PN2222 in instrument like this one and check
    it...
    You could do that from the begining without asking any questions..

    Sheeeeeeeeeesh!!!

    I will dream nightmares tonight..."huge,monster PN2222 is chasing me
    arround.....!!!"
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help!
    I also think that md is ok and the problem might be in the coil!?!?
    I have used 0,30 mm wire and try to make your coil!But only dont fix with glue!Because I wanned to try puling out windings to try to reach right resistance,I dont have quality multimeter and I use bad like on one of your pictures.And nuled ok,but doubt it measure right!And can you tell me when you null coil you conect TX-start and end point to points U and V.And multimeter to RX start and end point afther 1k resistor and 15n cap?
    And when null then just conect RX start and end to points S and T just to test is this working?
    I trust to what MAX has told to me!And have hope to help me solve my problemes.I have tryed to switch on in disc.And have tryed to switch on in all metal.No diferance!Are you shore that transistor PN2222A is C B E?
    I have found datas only for PN2222A that told that this is E B C!
    Thanks
    Hi tiktak,
    here it is pn2222 pinout.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X