Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dfbowers
    replied
    TSGL - Silverdog's PCBs, Errata

    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    That would be great Don if you would, I can drill the holes if needed before sending out
    I think it only fair to reduce the price though

    Glad it's not a major problem, I'll sleep better tonight now
    Finished my board last night, and below is the only change I had to do.

    For the 220uF cap in the audio section , drill a hole at a 45 degree angle, maintaining the same lead spacing. The new hole will now accept the negative lead for the 220uF cap.

    Flip the board over and route the negative lead to the center post of the 7808 regulator.

    That's it!

    Additional notes:

    The holes for the 7808 as well as holes for some of the wires to the pots and leads to the coils should be larger..

    Components that fit on Ivconics PCB will not fit quite right on this PCB.. See the mounting of the 7808. Clearance should be a little more in my opinion.

    Hope this help..

    Don
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • habitbraker
    replied
    oh, wish I was one week later

    By the way - recieved two PCBs today. Perfect quality Silverdog!

    That C27 error doesnt look like big deal to me. One drill and connection to closest GND

    That C simply decouples relativly hi current speaker driver from rest of the circuit so that battery voltage doest suffer from high current spikes

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Yes. Search coil 10".

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    Very Good !!

    Homemade coil ? dimensions ?

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Good News, but I'll take a hit and shift them - just £3.75 each in my shop now

    Eduardo, do you want to send me the correct .Lay soon so I have it for the next order ?

    regards
    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Video my TGSL.
    Host your images online with an easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    I assure you of my heart that as circuits are functioning perfectly. It's all checked and everything is fine. What has been released after some modifications are truly who are not so important. Everything can be tested and each one can do to your taste.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    TGSL

    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    I don't think it's a big deal.. Just drill one additional hole and feed one lead from the 220uF cap to the end of the 100 ohm resistor. Just add and errata sheet explaining where to drill and route.

    If you have a significant number, just sell them as-is with the mod. I can post how to correct if that's what you want to do.

    Don
    That would be great Don if you would, I can drill the holes if needed before sending out
    I think it only fair to reduce the price though

    Glad it's not a major problem, I'll sleep better tonight now

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    How to get it?

    I don't think it's a big deal.. Just drill one additional hole and feed one lead from the 220uF cap to the end of the 100 ohm resistor. Just add an errata sheet explaining where to drill and route.

    If you have a significant number, just sell them as-is with the mod. I can post how to correct if that's what you want to do.

    Don

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    TGSL Pcb's

    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    How to get it?
    PM me - I only have 6 at the moment

    Wanted to make sure they were working !!!

    If your quick you can have a free faulty TGSL board !

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    tgsl

    Currently there is no problem, everything works fine. The resistance of 100 Ohms is not important, just works with the 22 Ohms, the only thing that goes down a notch in the speaker volume. The 33k resistor is not very important. I like most of 2k2, because the sound level is constant, but with the sound 33k constante.Todo is not a question of taste. The 220uF capacitor may be removed, I have my job because I like that after each resistor has a voltage filter. The circuit works well as presented at first. After much research I have done some modifications had no bearing on anything. Everything can be tested. About tastes there are colors. Greetings.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post

    For some good news - some new CHANCE pcb's arrived this week and have been tested and working ok tonight !!


    Silverdog
    How to get it?

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    TGSL Pcb's

    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    It looks like the PCB version that Silverdog had printed contains this error..

    The boards were produced in good faith from a file sent to me by Eduardo, they are the same as were published in post 4408 of this thread, also a few posts earlier by geminis74

    The resistor seems to have changed from 22 to 100R as well ?

    I'm not sure what to say really, I enjoy supplying to the members, I can't offer much electronic knowledge so offering boards/kits is my way of being involved
    I guess no further boards will be made until I have made and tested it - I hardly make anything from the pcb's so can't afford to invest money in faulty boards

    If there is an easy fix, great - I'll halve the price of the boards to recover some of the costs, if not , new boards may be some time until I have free money

    For some good news - some new CHANCE pcb's arrived this week and have been tested and working ok tonight !!

    regards

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
    Tgsl capacitor error.
    It looks like the PCB version that Silverdog had printed contains this error..
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X