Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dfbowers
    replied
    Use a USB-2 cable. Wire it according to Ivconics "TGSL coil making" pdf. If done in this manner you will have a stable arrangement.. at least for the cable part. Coils are a different story. They must be infused with super glue..Shields attached and set in a shell with slow cure epoxy! This is the only way I know of to fix your problem.. Don.

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    Virdi_248
    i have same behavior of my coil..i still can't get no informations why but i think its because not proper shelding

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Virdi_248 View Post
    Hello, Voya tgsl attempt to operate properly.

    Discuss the detector has a problem, but it is touch and blasts false starts.

    I have several reels, with shield and without shield. I think the sounds she makes are not normal even though the coils are poorly constructed.

    I uploaded a video.




    What is happening?


    I need guidance.
    I wonder if that is same as I'm troubleshooting right now. Interesting. I'll follow what you find out with Qiaohzi's suggestions. Try touching other things such as the support stand, pole. Then try moving cable around, tighter, looser, etc. see how it changes.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Virdi_248 View Post
    Hello, Voya tgsl attempt to operate properly.

    Discuss the detector has a problem, but it is touch and blasts false starts.

    I have several reels, with shield and without shield. I think the sounds she makes are not normal even though the coils are poorly constructed.

    I uploaded a video.




    What is happening?


    I need guidance.
    Try replacing the cable between the control box and the coil with a different type. From your video it appears to be microphonic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Virdi_248
    replied
    Hello, Voya tgsl attempt to operate properly.

    Discuss the detector has a problem, but it is touch and blasts false starts.

    I have several reels, with shield and without shield. I think the sounds she makes are not normal even though the coils are poorly constructed.

    I uploaded a video.




    What is happening?


    I need guidance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    400.000 views



    400.000 views !!!

    As I write this 399.977 , but almost

    Quite an achievement !


    regards,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    there's a point in your thinking..it's obvious that lov noisy elements can bring some benefits to all MD projects like OFC or low nois parts. i think that pcb making should be very precise,because to many mistakes or to wide tracks can work like antena..so anyway everything is important but who's got this kind of technologi or this kind of money to spend of "magic detector":P:P

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyclonite
    replied
    These are just a few questions that I, being an Armchair Detectorist, have been mulling over before attempting to make my first search coil.

    1 - Would by reducing inter-winding capacitance by for instance using Spiderweb Coil Winding or Honeycomb Coil Winding techniques etc. have much benefit in respect to selectivity and search depth?

    2 - Shielding, being as far as possible from the Coil. Could Carbon fiber be used as shielding material, and also to lighten the weight of the Coil Housing? Impregnating Plastics with Graphite, and then using extrusion Molding techniques. If shielding foil is used, could Lead foil be better than Copper foil as suggested by some. Would a Coil Shield Separator (see Attachment) made of PE, or even better Teflon (PTFE) and only then wrapped in Lead - or Copper Foil (or mesh) (or the Poor mans Shield Material Aluminum) lower the shield capacitance in a way that may be beneficial to coil performance?

    3 - Would a long Coil Cable versus a short Coil Cable have more or less benefit in regards to the pickup of RF distortion? Would the use of Ferrite Beads around the Coil Cable have any advantages, or disadvantages depending on the type of metal detector (PI or VLF etc.). Would by putting the transmitter and receiver amplifier in the Coil head, and eliminating Cable effects have much influence or benefits on performance?

    4 - Would the use of low Noise components, and Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) Coil Winding Wire reduce noise in a way that would remarkably improve these figures to justify winding a Coil with it.

    5 - How about intertwining Copper wire, and winding a coil with self-made Litz. Litz Wire is expensive, and often only short pieces are available on small spools which have to be lengthened. How should we wind our own Litz Wire, what pattern, or pattern combination should be used. Extremely thin Copper Wire is available on big spools having very long strand lengths.

    6 - It looks like Q Dope is one of the best coil impregnating compounds known, and therefor should be used. As already proposed, I will make a write-up on who to make it in a way that will best suit our needs.

    Although very incomplete, for I am now too tired to think straight, I have just jogged down a few Brain Teasers for you that may lead to further discussion or ideas. And now I am going to crash into a corps and play dead

    Regards,

    Robert
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    i had the same problem..this capacitors are less or up to original value that should be
    this value is very important to resonant freaq so try to mesure them and put a right one

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by ik5pwr View Post
    Sorry , the capacitance was refer to coil measured with LCR meter.
    it's important to verify a internal capacitance of the coil for a best performance ? or not ?
    Ahhhh, that explains it, why didn't you say so!
    Naah, don't worry about the coil's internal C. When you wrap 100 or so turns of wire together, you will have some interwinding capacitance. Nothing to worry about (here).

    From what you wrote it looks like you did a good winding your coils, so...

    Yes, measure the TX oscillator capacitors. I'm betting that either the 220n or the 22n capacitors will read VERY low. Maybe both of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ik5pwr View Post
    Sorry , the capacitance was refer to coil measured with LCR meter.
    it's important to verify a internal capacitance of the coil for a best performance ? or not ?
    Internal capacitance of coil is usually ignored. Maybe it is more important than we think, but no one understands how, or if, it matters. If you follow the methods described for making coils, then it should not matter.

    Internal capacitance is not easy to control. Maybe you can change it by type of insulation on wire, how you arrange the windings, and how tightly you bind the coil. But mostly it is out of our control. However, I think it is an interesting measurement and maybe we need to check it and see if it is different when comparing a "good" coil with a "bad" coil.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ik5pwr
    replied
    Sorry , the capacitance was refer to coil measured with LCR meter.
    it's important to verify a internal capacitance of the coil for a best performance ? or not ?

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by ik5pwr View Post
    My coil have this features :
    TX Cx = 479 pF Lx = 6042 uH R=17,7 ohm wire = 0,3 mm
    RX Cx= 437 pF Lx= 6509 uH R = 18,7 ohm wire = 0,3 mm
    but when connect to the TGSL frequency of Tx is 17,8 khz , what is wrong ?
    may be a series cap (C1 and C2) there are out of specific ?
    Maybe what is wrong is that you used the wrong parts.

    TX capacitor 479pf? Which capacitor are you referring to?
    There are two capacitors affecting frequency in the TX circuit. Neither one is supposed to be anywhere close to 479pf.

    But that's not all. Where have you ever seen anyone here suggest that 437pF be used in the RX circuit?? What is wrong with using 15nF as called for in the schematic?



    Your coil numbers look pretty good, but those capacitors are bad wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • ik5pwr
    replied
    My coil have this features :
    TX Cx = 479 pF Lx = 6042 uH R=17,7 ohm wire = 0,3 mm
    RX Cx= 437 pF Lx= 6509 uH R = 18,7 ohm wire = 0,3 mm
    but when connect to the TGSL frequency of Tx is 17,8 khz , what is wrong ?
    may be a series cap (C1 and C2) there are out of specific ?

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    i think that your idea of making coil is very good..now i'm waiting for a wire and ..with some patients and good equipment i 'll make a good coil
    regards

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X