Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kahuna
    replied
    hi guy,

    some problems and i need some help ...

    first time i build a tgsl on selfmade pcb, at the first test i blow the lf353 and the lm 393 at rx stage by placing the 353 in opposite direction. both get very hot and i decided to replace both with new parts. and i decided to build the pcb from driscoll from page 113 with the same parts. so i removed all parts from pcb and placed them on new one. at this time i noticed that my dealer send me 2k2Ohm instead of 1MOhm. thats the prehistory

    question: what parts could be damaged in case of taking 2k2 Resistors instead of 1M and whhat parts could be damaged if i turn the lf353 at 180°?

    next ...

    i finished the tgsl on the new pcb with new 353 and 393 on rx stage and real 1M. Coil is nulled. first test...
    no tone ... i removed center tap from pcb ground and i get a tone.
    second try ...
    i switch it on and the machine starts to beep for many times. no change if i turn geb or sens pot, when i turn disc pot the beep stop (the machine is in all metall mode ?!?!?!). if i put some metall over coil i get an answer for detection and the beeps return. when i switch to disc mode i have no beeps and a good detection 1 euro at 25 cm. but the detection tone if the coin has a distance to coil from around 10cm is somtimes a double beep.
    but... disc dont work ....
    i can turn the pot in any dirction with no change. in every position i can detect aluminium, iron and 1 euro.

    so ....

    why it doesnt work with center tap on gnd
    why i have an endless beeping in all metall mode
    why id have no disc in discmode

    some ideas ? i have no more ideas ... need some help pls

    coil: wire 0.28 (dont know if it is with or without varnish)
    DD dimensions like ivconics recipe
    tx 104 , 19.7Ohm , 14,6KHz at tx stage
    rx 110 center tapped, 27,7Ohm
    nulled to 0,000V very easy

    all parts are correct connected

    THX





    http://www.geotech1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6621&d=1222438708


    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    What was the movie where Michael Douglas showing Minelab Excalibur to his daughter (movie character)? Later they digining in the middle of supermarket!!
    I have idea; let's open new thread where we gonna number all the movies with metal detectors involved...


    Hi,
    yes it's kinda of jolly thread then... there are a number of movies where MDs are shown... uhm... let me think at an old movie with Jack Lemmon... something around years 1987-1988 I think (I was at school at that time... and my school paid the ticket... otherwise I wasn't really happy to spend money to see that kind of movie... you know... I like much more the sci-fiction-splatters like Alien etc )

    In that movie there's a guy on a beach with something (maybe a c-scope???) and a girl tell him about what he's searching for... e.g. used syringes...... the kind of humor that some people have when they see someone digging in the dirt...of a beach.

    I'm not sure... but think the movie was something "that's life" or the like.

    Ok... that's the first one I remember but I'm sure I will recall many more... where's that thread for movies ????

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Esteban
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    What was the movie where Michael Douglas showing Minelab Excalibur to his daughter (movie character)? Later they digining in the middle of supermarket!!
    I have idea; let's open new thread where we gonna number all the movies with metal detectors involved...
    Is a good idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    What was the movie where Michael Douglas showing Minelab Excalibur to his daughter (movie character)? Later they digining in the middle of supermarket!!
    I have idea; let's open new thread where we gonna number all the movies with metal detectors involved...

    Leave a comment:


  • Esteban
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Still off-topic, huh ?

    Did you see "El mariachi" (the movie) ?

    Won Sundance Festival something 1991 or 1992... nice movie !

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Max, I prefer this Sam Peckinpah's film, in wich are involved many mexicans too
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Could be used. I am oftenly using them, when can't obtain LM308.
    In case of using TL081 you don't need 100pf external compensation.

    Leave a comment:


  • kuraja
    replied
    So... TL081 instead LM308 on TGSL?

    Leave a comment:


  • Friday
    replied
    radius: 12,5 cm

    dia:
    25 cm

    Leave a comment:


  • karlos x
    replied
    ???

    What are correct : 12,5 cm or 25 cm ???

    Leave a comment:


  • Friday
    replied
    Not 50cm...my coil:

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    This means that your coil is 50cm right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Friday
    replied
    Hi...

    Thank you simonbaker...
    I made orginal PCB.(first page)
    My coil measurement :
    TX:105 winding=6 mH RX:110 winding=6.5 mH
    Firstly, I made it OO coil than I made it DD.
    OO coil dia:220mm 0.30mm wire.DD size 250mm
    I built its coil wooden.its pole and box made plastic.
    2cm gold ring:30cm
    2.5cm coin:35cm air test

    Regards...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Really nice. Which schematic/pcb version?

    Also - what is your coil enclosure?

    Any other details appreciated, such as type of pole, mounting hardware, box for PCB, etc.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Friday
    replied
    Hi...

    This is my TGS.



    Regards...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Happy to see Max back!

    Hope it gets better and better.

    Yes good movie - Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, they are today's spaghetti western makers..

    You'll like Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, and From Dusk Till Dawn (maybe) by Rodriguez also. Sin City even darker, but good. Sorry off topic...

    -SB

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X