Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max!
    Any reason for those jumpers ?
    regards,
    Fred
    Hi,
    only reason for many of that jumpers is that you can easy customize e.g. your audio output, choosing standard audio or transistor mod or monostable or a combination of them.

    Broken tracks are useful if you plan of insert e.g. a switch to control the output behaviour (like I usually do). You don't need to cut anything... just remove the jumper and place a wire etc

    Off course, if you already know what you need (cause already tested that mods) you can skip jumpers and put solid tracks instead. Even remove parts that you don't need and use existing pcb or make a custom one. But all that you do when you already know what you want!

    I had thoughts on that board version cause I wanna all there... I think it's the most versatile way to test... when you need to try... I mean, having all designed on the board... then you just need adding components to try a mod... and modify a jumper: that's somehow like happens in development boards.

    I made it mostly to test Ivconic's PCB design...(that's btw fairly good about noise!) but also to perform new checks on existing, known mods: then I put it here for all people who wanna try them too.

    Season's greetings!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max!
    Any reason for those jumpers ?
    regards,
    Fred
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Max the 1K resistor is still missing

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    ...
    Simon 2)The 1n4140 is missing on the one of the LM308s. This is interesting because it is on the (Lahr) schematic but is not on original PCB. So everyone thought this was just mistake on Kurtie100 pcb. This unit was produced after spring of 1986. Golden Sabre first came out in 1985. This is Rev C PCB, so if this was mistake they had plenty of time to fix it. I think also maybe makes no difference at all in performance.
    ...
    Molzar
    I have theory why diode missing. Molzar say it on ground channel LM308.

    I think it because R40 is feedforward path from output of ground channel LM308 to next op amp to make proportional audio.

    So limiting diode D11 removed from LM308 so signal has max amplitude and helps proportional audio.

    Probably only affects strong signals anyway, so no big deal I think. But anyone making TGSL can consider leaving off diode D11 from LM308 U105 (ground channel) and see how it affects audio.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Slight changes applied!
    Greetings
    Nice work shoehorning in that extra 220 uF cap!

    Thanks, much appreciated!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Slight changes applied!
    Greetings
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    here's a little mod to original Ivconic's design:

    - added monostable
    - added transistor audio stage

    Both you can use or don't use selecting appropriate jumpers.

    So you can even mount an standard tgsl using it... or add components and make mods appears easy if wanna try them.

    Board is error free, I made it and works cool. Enjoy!

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Nice idea, thanks!

    Season's greetings!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Christmas' gift

    Hi,
    here's a little mod to original Ivconic's design:

    - added monostable
    - added transistor audio stage

    Both you can use or don't use selecting appropriate jumpers.

    So you can even mount an standard tgsl using it... or add components and make mods appears easy if wanna try them.

    Board is error free, I made it and works cool. Enjoy!

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Yes sir, mr Simonbaker will do, ill make those changes
    ...Cheers
    I don't ask much do I... -- sure appreciate the hard work and expense other people do.

    Cheers back!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Thanks
    Guys.
    Roberts almost convinced me.
    I will post less for shore but how can he told me what to do.
    Some times when I use too much Ivery my mind can be easyly manipulated.
    I will try what we discused and will see is it there any change.I haved a lot of work this days and havent time for hobby.
    See you.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Yes sir, mr Simonbaker will do, ill make those changes

    Guys stop making personal attacks, I'm sure you can work this out.
    People from all over the world, different ages, different xp come here to share knowledge in the common hobby, I wonder what would it be if there are money involved in this ...hmm My point:
    Don't make it a place for personal arena. It's no good for anyone.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Simonbaker.
    Maybe you are right.Maybe its just this simple thing.But why is this cap ommited in ower PCB.Its look perfect.If its mistake there are others for shore.
    Still havent finished cheking.
    See you
    If you mean 220 uF cap on both sides of LM7808, I can think of reason for both, but on output of LM7808 seems more useful for reducing voltage spikes on supply rails.

    However, from my tests, adding 220 uF after LM7808, I did not see any real difference -- but still it makes sense and Molzar says it is there on PCB, maybe you can you check also?

    220 uF across battery -- that seems strange, like it is left-over from some other power source like an ac-dc supply to reduce ripple. Be we just have battery. However, one possible reason -- speaker connected directly aross battery and draws a pulse of current, maybe makes some spike across battery.

    Anyway, why not allow for both on PCB, gives us possiblities.

    I don't see any problems with tiktak questions (ok a little hard on Eclipse but settled), maybe some other argument going on. This thread very long, now have new members, we try to learn and catch up, should not be problem I hope.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    If you say so
    Last edited by tiktak; 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM. Reason: asas

    Leave a comment:


  • roberts
    replied
    I am back!
    What's new here? Few things!?
    What is not new is same situatuon - same people again bashing here with a lot of stupid questions and demands!?
    tiktak you are the bashing champion here! You are so persistent with your numerous stupid remarks, questions and demands - it is not normal at all!
    Other hand you gave NOTHING so far here. Your contribution rate is ZERO!
    I personally received few mails from some people complaining on your bugging and bashing. This forum was nice place without you. Now it is not anymore. Few pretty active members LEFT this forum just because of you and your stupidity! If you were descent man, you should realised this by now and stop with lot questions and bashing arround. Whatever the subject is - you are present always with stupid,brainless questions,remarks and claims.
    You made this, you made that... At the end of a day you did nothing and you have nothing to show or contribute here.
    Shame on you.
    I am direct in dealing with people , i am always telling exactly what is on my mind, so now i am telling you to STOP for a while. Stop and vanish from here.
    Ok be here and follow posts but please DO NOT post anymore. Do not bash and bugg any more!
    Also i am putting APPEAL here to Administrator, to rethink your behavior and do something about it.
    Kindly regards!


    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Let me know what you want to know , I take picture or like this just spell out for you.

    Hi,
    Molzar.
    I wanna see the picture of the buxe from inside where are solderings.Just what you described.
    Did you haved time to fieltest?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X