Originally posted by porkluvr
View Post
Thanks for your reply ,
It was not the problem finding good quality capacitors but more which type should be used ...
Your answer gave me enough food for thought so guess which internet sites were visited these couple of weeks.
I've found some 'inspiration' of the condensator types used on one of the photos posted somewhere in this hugh thread .
I guess I picked the wrong photo ( perhabs from somebody with the some problems: Nelson ?...) , recently I saw other photos of the TGS pcb with the type caps you've suggested .
Hmmmmm makes me think if this is the answer to my problem .
I 've also made another set of coils as Max suggested ( 25DD as described and build in the PDF Ivconic made) : 6 - and 6.5 mH , aprox 22 ohm , shielded with airgap , used the correct type of cable and managed to get 14,5 khz on both sets of coils .
The problem remained : very low detection hight ... so I've ordered new caps of the type you've suggested and I'll cross my fingers when replacing them .
regards Danny
i made two detectors ( delta-pulse and Garys PI detector ) and works good.... i will try it again from the scratch with new pcb with the same parts, I know TGSL is a good detector.
and i dont know very well electronics... just a few things only... the basics!! )
Leave a comment: