Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GeorgeGW
    replied
    TGS PROB



    i constructed this version... but i have one problem... i nulled the coil, when i connect the coil in pcb i hear only a continues sound with no other responce....!!!!
    This schematic has mistakes??. I check the polarity of RX but nothing.... the sound is the same always!! When i disconnect the coils only this time stop...
    thanks George

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis the Mennis View Post
    Hi ,

    One question about the TSG ( first initial version) :

    I have doubts about the cap's ( all ceramic) I've used on my pcb cause of the low sensitivity: Is there a significant difference when there are other cap's used ? ( I don't know for shure which type should be used)

    thnx in advance

    Danny
    check your coil

    if needed do another

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis the Mennis View Post
    Hi ,

    One question about the TSG ( first initial version) :

    I have doubts about the cap's ( all ceramic) I've used on my pcb cause of the low sensitivity: Is there a significant difference when there are other cap's used ? ( I don't know for shure which type should be used)

    thnx in advance

    Danny
    It is unlikely that the low sensitivity is caused by using ceramic capacitors throughout the design. Polyester caps would be preferred in the TX and RX circuits, but not essential. Ceramic caps are best for coupling, decoupling and filtering. If you change the TX and RX caps for polyester types, I doubt you will notice any difference.

    Please define what you mean by "low sensitivity". Presumably you are referring to detection distance?

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Dennis, what is so hard about finding good quality capacitors?

    You should use polyester or Mylar film caps for most. Polycarbonate is also good or maybe better but hard to find.

    Use Polystyrene or polypropylene for the transmit tank and also the receive tank. These are desirable because you want low loss and temperature stability. Polyseter is mediocre but much better than any ceramic cap you'll likely find that's big enough to work here.

    Ceramic capacitors might be OK in some places but you had better understand the differences and select wisely between Z5U, Y5V, X5R, and COG/NPO if you want decent performance. You also need to understand voltage derating before you employ ceramic caps, even more so than for film types.

    Ceramics can be used some places, but not a good idea unless know the cap's specs and choose wisely after some research.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Hi ,

    One question about the TSG ( first initial version) :

    I have doubts about the cap's ( all ceramic) I've used on my pcb cause of the low sensitivity: Is there a significant difference when there are other cap's used ? ( I don't know for shure which type should be used)

    thnx in advance

    Danny

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    I found it.
    The printed page that I used to mount is black-white.And I acidently mounted 20K insteed 220K because one 2 cant be seen under one line.Now sens is good.Even with coil for other device.
    Wow I desolder and test almost all components.So now there are BC547 and BC557 for TX part.Device is quiet and stable.
    Will make new picktures.At all points.
    Hi,
    clean that PCB, soldering flux you have to clean. Not always is a problem but sometimes IS, so better clean.

    Use cotton + isopropanol (isopropil alcool), can find in stores... used for dissolving stains on clothes... instant stain removers...

    Can use other stuff too... also acetone if have it, tin joints become gray and not shiny but acetone dissolves ANY flux easy and without brushing much with cotton.

    In extreme cases can use a tooth-brush and acetone (work outside , do not inhale vapours) , drop acetone and use plastic brush , anything will dissolve in no time, then refine with e.g. cotton or paper towel full of new acetone.

    Isopropanol is much better, anyway, clean without affecting e.g. shiny tin joints and it's less aggressive against copper than acetone (uncovered with enamel copper will develop stains later and corrode more easy, but take months or years)

    Can also use ethanol too... but be sure it's pure and very hi grade, use cotton and the like.

    Generally avoid paint solvents... cause are a mix of stuff and can damage solder side and create paths for currents.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    I found it.
    The printed page that I used to mount is black-white.And I acidently mounted 20K insteed 220K because one 2 cant be seen under one line.Now sens is good.Even with coil for other device.
    Wow I desolder and test almost all components.So now there are BC547 and BC557 for TX part.Device is quiet and stable.
    Will make new picktures.At all points.
    Mystery solved, good work!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I found it.
    The printed page that I used to mount is black-white.And I acidently mounted 20K insteed 220K because one 2 cant be seen under one line.Now sens is good.Even with coil for other device.
    Wow I desolder and test almost all components.So now there are BC547 and BC557 for TX part.Device is quiet and stable.
    Will make new picktures.At all points.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pompey
    replied
    I measure voltage with my multimeter about 12 V AC.I will go to my frend wich has an oscilloscope and try to adjust everything there.I haven`t 0,28 .I have 0,315 and I will wind 101/106 Tx/Rx .It gives more than 19 ohms .I think it will be fine for DD 27sm.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Pompey View Post
    Hello,everybody!I made TGSL -Complete details by Qiaozhi.I have a question : What voltage must be there at the ends of TX ,measured with multimeter in AC range?
    Multimeters are all different when measuring AC at different frequencies. Some are rated to 400 Hz, some to 5000 Hz, some to 15000 Hz, etc. Oscilloscope is most reliable for measuring voltage at TX frequency (approx 14.5 kHz).

    TX voltage across leads to coil should be around 12 to 16 volts peak-to-peak I would say. Some circuits have a JFet in the oscillator circuit for feedback control; the TX voltage is less usually, maybe 8 to 12 volts PP.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Pompey
    replied
    Hello,everybody!I made TGSL -Complete details by Qiaozhi.I have a question : What voltage must be there at the ends of TX ,measured with multimeter in AC range?

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Here is the rest.
    Now I will make pictures of the other device.
    Pictures are good. TX frequency looks OK.

    Now we need to compare with same signals on "good" PCB -- let us know what is different. I am trying to find time to compare with my circuits. I hope others can help too.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    Hello


    Coil calibration video on youtube for tesoro



    Best Wishes
    Erol

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Here is the rest.
    Now I will make pictures of the other device.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hello,
    Simonbaker.
    TX signal missing on some. Was it there when you took picture but camera shutter missed sweep?
    No just took another extra picture only for wave on ch2.To be seen more clear.
    You can compare phase differences of your good circuit with the troubled one using same traces as in pictures. They should be about the same. If not, then we look further.
    I have looked some they are not the same.Unles from what I saw.
    I assume coil works much better on the other circuit?
    Yes almost double sens for same coin.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X