Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nakky
    replied
    [quote=simonbaker;82114]Just curious - is Kurtie pcb a scan or made by hand? It is different from Molzar PCB? If scan, is it newer model?

    Is made by hand.The only diff is,to make a very good coil.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Max
    Also I am glad see you again here.
    I hope, you be able solved your problem.
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    If you pay attention on some testings in video, you can notice that original TGS is not "deep" in air as our homemades.

    I agree completely with you. My handmade tgs deeper than
    Original in same condition .

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Very nice, get to see the beast in action. What is that coil, LASER?

    I believe the results, similar to my Compadre -- however, why the little beep and movement of the detector during the pause where he changes to good targets? A suspicious person might think he changed some knob setting.

    Thanks for posting.

    -SB
    Hi simonbaker
    Yes it is interest , also seeing ivconic movie.
    Yes ,coil was laser . also my handmade tgs mask iron goodly .

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I agree with Nakky. Kurtie posted accurate pcb...
    Just curious - is Kurtie pcb a scan or made by hand? It is different from Molzar PCB? If scan, is it newer model?

    Regards,

    -SB

    yes good max back!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by aft_72005 View Post
    Very nice, get to see the beast in action. What is that coil, LASER?

    I believe the results, similar to my Compadre -- however, why the little beep and movement of the detector during the pause where he changes to good targets? A suspicious person might think he changed some knob setting.

    Thanks for posting.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I agree with Nakky. Kurtie posted accurate pcb.
    Also nice video to see. If you pay attention on some testings in video, you can notice that original TGS is not "deep" in air as our homemades.
    Also voice said something like ".. i havent used Notch funciton...dont want risk to miss some good targets..."
    Comparing this what i saw in video to results i got with my homemades...i can only be even more satisfied..
    Max welcome back! Nice to have you here.
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Molzar View Post
    Did some measurements on original TGS with original coil (8 inch)


    TX Voltage = 8.2 pk-pk! Was very shocked this was so low! Checked supply voltages (11.8V batt, 7.9V off regulator) so those are OK. Could be due to coil (Tx ~23 ohms) but seems very low. Any ideas why?

    Also looked at Tx Rx signals on scope. Are many different from handmade with DD. Rx shift to left with copper coin. Will have to do better experiments, to much rush now.

    Also one more component difference (on schematic) 10pf cap on pins 6 & 7 of LF353 is 5pf. Don't think big change but that is it. I update schematic.

    Molzar
    Hi,
    the 5pF cap was already checked: no big difference using also 10pf there.

    The fact you read just 8.2Vpp at TX is interesting... but performance is good also at these low levels... say around 10Vpp. Sure, you'll get better on higher voltages like the famous 16Vpp (actually a bit less but very near to 16Vpp, that depends on output of regulator... if >8V you get more).

    The 16Vpp range is enough to run device stable and get good detection depth: good compromise.

    The 8.2Vpp you found is maybe related to some enhanced stability issue, like reducing false signals due to minerals etc but that reduces also detection depth a bit.

    Maybe the tis75 there is selected to keep under 10Vpp the tx voltage.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi
    Original Tgs movie :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lExDxS9SfM

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by nakky View Post
    Why all the pain in the @$$.See post 1 Kurtie 100 thats all.Grt Nakky.
    Good, but not same PCB as one Molzar bought, why diff?

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Why all the pain in the @$$.See post 1 Kurtie 100 thats all.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • grayfray
    replied
    reply

    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    If that is a two terminal pot, yes.. if three terminal pot, make sure you find the two terminals that are connected. I think Ivconic even recommends using a shielded cable for the connector to the pot, with the shield connected to the outer case (or pot body?) and two inner wires running between the pot and board? Not sure, check with Ivconic.

    Chatter not matter if you get good depth at lower sensitivity. What do you get with air test with sensitivity set to reduce chatter?

    You must take outdoors to test best, indoors Tesoro MDs will chatter easily, too much interference from electrical wiring I guess.

    Also you may not need to be strict with ferrite calibration -- you may get better performance by not balancing quite so well -- testing outdoors in real soil you hunt in probably best, play with balance there. Just my ideas, see what others say.

    Cheers!

    -SB
    Thanks Simon
    re-calibrated outside and everythingis fine, I recalibrated using some earlier settings with discrim on 1

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by grayfray View Post
    Hello, Firstly , thank you for the loan of the circuit board pic.
    Sorry if this is a little off topic.
    I have re-calibrated my golden sabre to accept 8 inch double DD widescan coil by passing a 1 inch piece of ferrite passed the coil at a distance of approx 1 inch untill signal 'spits'. However my Golden Sabre is a little chattery at sensitivity 9 and 10 is this normal?

    My second question is how do I fit a manual ground balance pot, do I solder 2 wires at the arrows running to a pot?
    If that is a two terminal pot, yes.. if three terminal pot, make sure you find the two terminals that are connected. I think Ivconic even recommends using a shielded cable for the connector to the pot, with the shield connected to the outer case (or pot body?) and two inner wires running between the pot and board? Not sure, check with Ivconic.

    Chatter not matter if you get good depth at lower sensitivity. What do you get with air test with sensitivity set to reduce chatter?

    You must take outdoors to test best, indoors Tesoro MDs will chatter easily, too much interference from electrical wiring I guess.

    Also you may not need to be strict with ferrite calibration -- you may get better performance by not balancing quite so well -- testing outdoors in real soil you hunt in probably best, play with balance there. Just my ideas, see what others say.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Molzar View Post
    Hi guys,

    Problem with scan is are standoffs peined into pcb on component side and soldered other side, not removeable. I tried scan not useful image, I say this before.

    What else you need?, photos show good enough for routing. Components are layed out close to original component layout (below)(Kurtie100) who ever made must have original TGS. That why values on component layout is more accurate than schematic.

    To make exact copy I think impossible (without disassembling the pcb)
    I not have finer equipment for photos. So no "telephoto" pics. Let me know what you not figure out and I help.

    Molzar
    I understand, not easy to make those kinds of photos. Actually, telephoto not required - just move camera away a little so board is maybe half size of picture frame, if you have 5 to 10 megapixel camera.

    Board should be in exact center of photo, exactly facing the camera (perpendicular). Maybe use books, etc. to prop up board and camera. I know, a pain in the @$$. Then make sure focused and well lit, then gently press shutter button. Do same for both sides of board.

    The idea is that we can help make schematic by matching top and bottom photo of board using software like Photoshop so we can easily match components to circuit traces on other side. Just to give you some help.

    But it's up to you, we appreciate all info.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • grayfray
    replied
    Golden Sabre ground adjust

    Hello, Firstly , thank you for the loan of the circuit board pic.
    Sorry if this is a little off topic.
    I have re-calibrated my golden sabre to accept 8 inch double DD widescan coil by passing a 1 inch piece of ferrite passed the coil at a distance of approx 1 inch untill signal 'spits'. However my Golden Sabre is a little chattery at sensitivity 9 and 10 is this normal?

    My second question is how do I fit a manual ground balance pot, do I solder 2 wires at the arrows running to a pot?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X