Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Ivconic,
    What about RH ? did you see schematic and PCB and are you planning something with it?
    Regards,
    Fred.
    I will use your .lay file to make it.
    Anything you can suggest more refering pcb?
    I am in the middle of process of making it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,
    What about RH ? did you see schematic and PCB and are you planning something with it?
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Noemio View Post
    Do you play trumpet too?



    Unfortunately no!
    I posted that photo just for joke. Guns and trumpet are not mine. I am complete pacifist and dont like guns at all. But yesterday i visited a friend and we shot that photo just for joke. Guns are complete legal, he has permitions and licences...just for note. If you pay attention you can notice "blockade" on AK47 done by police, so now it is not automatic but only semi and can be used as hunting rifle. Guns are Magnum 357 and CZ99 (serbian).
    But most of all i liked the trumpet! I was delited.
    But after enormous effort to produce at least simple sound i ended up just with a fat and painfull lips!
    Heck, Louis Armstrong was genius - now i realised!
    How the hell those musicians produce sonds with trumpet!?? I tried and tried and all i got was just "poooooaaaff" and nothing else!??

    Off topic...sorry, but take this as a short pause until next TGSL mod!





    Leave a comment:


  • Noemio
    replied
    Do you play trumpet too?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    THAT would explain why his detector is beeping all the time when he moves around

    Ha,ha,ha!! That is most possible explanation!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Is that a pinpointer in your pocket or are you just glad to see me...?


    I think winter's coming...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    THAT would explain why his detector is beeping all the time when he moves around

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Max how about using this as avatar?
    Do you like my guns and trumpet!?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    .
    ...I am seriously thinking to start with something different...
    Very understandable considering amazing efforts you've done on TGSL.

    I think TGSL is a good standard for comparison because of simplicity. Good for testing different coils, components, etc.

    We'll be very interested in whatever you do...

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Despite all the debate on that subject i am still not having accurate schematic and pcb. I have bulgarian Coinseeker Pro 2 pcb with all components and it refused to work? Just as i received with claims it is workable, i havent touched neither one component on it. Just connected original RH coil and started it and it refused to work. So i tossed it on a big pile of scrap. Crap should be with crap. That bulgarian guy who sells those CSP2 ready pcb's is a fraud, cose not only in my case but in many more cases his kit complets are not working. PCB is to small and vias/traces are to thin to do anything without risk to destroy it. I hate that kind of work so i gave up for good from CSP2.
    Now...back to real RH...i still keep original RH coil. I have to say one more thing. Just recently i realized that uninitentionaly posted many tames wrong dimensions! Damn! Coil is 39cm not 35 as i posted many times. Sorry,sorry,sorry! I lied here unintentionally!
    Inductances are 1mH and 15mH. Resistances right now i dont remember.
    So...
    Max..if you have files with most checked and most accurate schematic and eventually pcb send me on mail and i will reconsider it to try to make it.
    Only schematic is really important..i will draw my own pcb later.

    .....

    About TGSL...as handmade TGSL is excellent metal detector! My favorite so far. Yet as posted earlier, it has major audio drawbacks. Are we gonna keep further and try to improve it or not...time will tell. So far i tried many things, some of those improved a bit performances, some didnt.
    But main problem remained, not solved. So...i will just wait and see what to do..
    Regards!

    Hi,
    I'm reposting it in the RH thread. For updated PCB you may ask Fred.
    I used original design made by him , but then found mistakes and made corrections along the way.

    I think now are fixed in late version by him, but better ask about.

    Once I corrected the mistakes I found device pretty good, apart the annoying far iron detection I told you about.

    I think I must invest some more time in attempts on coil... cause I had other stuff to do and cannot fix the problem at that time... sure dimensions are more than 35cm about container, the original coil is 37.5 inside... 15''.

    I made mine for testing as same dimensions of your DD for TGS... so around 10''.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    what about dear and old Relic Hawk ? I made it almost all using Fred's PCB design with little mods and works....say 95%... everything but just maybe at coil are problems: it discriminate iron at few distance but fails at far.

    Geb works great, the ferrite is totally ignored. Sens is good already.

    I'm about sure the problem is at coil, and circuit is about what there was in original ML.

    Kind regards,
    Max


    Despite all the debate on that subject i am still not having accurate schematic and pcb. I have bulgarian Coinseeker Pro 2 pcb with all components and it refused to work? Just as i received with claims it is workable, i havent touched neither one component on it. Just connected original RH coil and started it and it refused to work. So i tossed it on a big pile of scrap. Crap should be with crap. That bulgarian guy who sells those CSP2 ready pcb's is a fraud, cose not only in my case but in many more cases his kit complets are not working. PCB is to small and vias/traces are to thin to do anything without risk to destroy it. I hate that kind of work so i gave up for good from CSP2.
    Now...back to real RH...i still keep original RH coil. I have to say one more thing. Just recently i realized that uninitentionaly posted many tames wrong dimensions! Damn! Coil is 39cm not 35 as i posted many times. Sorry,sorry,sorry! I lied here unintentionally!
    Inductances are 1mH and 15mH. Resistances right now i dont remember.
    So...
    Max..if you have files with most checked and most accurate schematic and eventually pcb send me on mail and i will reconsider it to try to make it.
    Only schematic is really important..i will draw my own pcb later.

    .....

    About TGSL...as handmade TGSL is excellent metal detector! My favorite so far. Yet as posted earlier, it has major audio drawbacks. Are we gonna keep further and try to improve it or not...time will tell. So far i tried many things, some of those improved a bit performances, some didnt.
    But main problem remained, not solved. So...i will just wait and see what to do..
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    annoyed by TGS ?

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Simonbaker well elaborated! Now you see in what troubles i stepped several months ago!
    Audio is faint already, and fast (short).
    I played a bit arround comparators already, truth is; nothing major can be done here and same time to keep it simple.
    I am seriously thinking to start with something different. Before TGS i made 44 pcs's of Classic's III. At CLIII there is another problem; coil and low imunity on hot rocks and black sand - other words poor discriminate. So than at the time i was happy to switch on TGS which has superb discrimination and easy coil to make.
    Now is time to switch on something else. I will think again before make decision.
    How about that Wilson detector? Anybody ever saw schematic?
    Or Nautilus?
    I seriously have doubts that somebody will post schematics here if any.
    In the past people here were much different. Nowdays seems everybody changed?
    I had hard promisses from few pretty "conversant" and popular members here to send me some schematics and nothing happened until than...
    Promises .... empty promises...
    Or is it due the fear that i would share those here with other,for sure?
    God only knows..
    Hi,
    what about dear and old Relic Hawk ? I made it almost all using Fred's PCB design with little mods and works....say 95%... everything but just maybe at coil are problems: it discriminate iron at few distance but fails at far.

    Geb works great, the ferrite is totally ignored. Sens is good already.

    I'm about sure the problem is at coil, and circuit is about what there was in original ML.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Simonbaker well elaborated! Now you see in what troubles i stepped several months ago!
    Audio is faint already, and fast (short).
    I played a bit arround comparators already, truth is; nothing major can be done here and same time to keep it simple.
    I am seriously thinking to start with something different. Before TGS i made 44 pcs's of Classic's III. At CLIII there is another problem; coil and low imunity on hot rocks and black sand - other words poor discriminate. So than at the time i was happy to switch on TGS which has superb discrimination and easy coil to make.
    Now is time to switch on something else. I will think again before make decision.
    How about that Wilson detector? Anybody ever saw schematic?
    Or Nautilus?
    I seriously have doubts that somebody will post schematics here if any.
    In the past people here were much different. Nowdays seems everybody changed?
    I had hard promisses from few pretty "conversant" and popular members here to send me some schematics and nothing happened until than...
    Promises .... empty promises...
    Or is it due the fear that i would share those here with other,for sure?
    God only knows..



    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi Ivica.... How are you
    On 7 or 8 November i will come again to Beogrand (i think is the same with Beligrand). Do you have the same phone as last year ???
    I will try to call you
    Regards
    "Beograd" on serbian and "Belgrade" on international...ha,ha,ha...not "Beogrand", neither "Beligrand"...ha,ha,ha!

    Yes phone is same, welcome Geo!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Ok,
    As the zener was making changes in frequency, i thought some auto-frequency stabilization could occur at the same time.


    Max,
    I don´t know from where you take your breath, but where i have metallic buttons it sures don´t move much when i breath.
    Regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,

    Don't you have some shirt with metallic buttons... ???

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X