Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Hi,Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Molzar.
So this should be.
But I remember that I have asked someone and have remember as a basic principal that I should use only Red and just leve bleck a side.Its looked strange to me but.
Thanks.I will rechek soon.
Molzar told you... use that black wire... connect it to gnd and the red one to the collector of the PNP transistor at point #1.
You should read the right frequency.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
HI
Hi,
Molzar.
So this should be.
But I remember that I have asked someone and have remember as a basic principal that I should use only Red and just leve bleck a side.Its looked strange to me but.
Thanks.I will rechek soon.
Leave a comment:
-
tiktak,Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Max.
You mean green circle!Right?
I use only red lead of multimeter.Black is leaved a side.
And it shows 28,.. kHz.
Did you remember 2N2222?
Could this be the same?
Please check the numbers again!I see:11,4;12,5;12,75;13,35;13,7 and 1,6cm~!~~~
Thanks
Red lead from multimeter is to point Max shows is correct to measure Tx Freq, but you need also to connect black lead to ground (battery negative) on TGS pcb. This is basic measurement pricipal, measurement with reference to ground.
Molzar
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
Max.
You mean green circle!Right?
I use only red lead of multimeter.Black is leaved a side.
And it shows 28,.. kHz.
Did you remember 2N2222?
Could this be the same?
Please check the numbers again!I see:11,4;12,5;12,75;13,35;13,7 and 1,6cm~!~~~
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by ivconic View PostUh! I think that is way to much consumption!
With ordinary 8 ohms speaker /0.25W, my devices drains 25-30mA without sound and approx. 60mA with loud sound (full detection)....
Funny...same drains i measured yesterday on old&rusty Micronta 4003!
Regards Max!
P.S.
Yup! 105 and 100 and 107 and 102 are best numbers so far.....0.25mm/255x137
Hi,
I had hi consumption during tests using some lower impedance speakers 8 and also 4 ohm I've tested...
Some larger are pretty happy with lot of current drain: sound is loud sometimes but this require much current... and peaks lead to circuit instability if too high.
Sure I haven't that on my finished TGS but much less... and audio is not weak using the old 16ohm speaker of apple computer.
Also I use headphones and just during pinpoint sometimes I use internal speaker or when test on the bench, this both for saving batteries and to get better audio when there's noise etc or for weak signals that are subtle. I suggest everybody use headphones with TGS cause there are real advantages over any speaker employed.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Ok.
So its mistake?
I remember that we discus the price of some good 2 chanel osciloscopes here?What were the number?
Max which transistor did you mean?2N2222 or 2N2907?
Because you told me to try measure from TX lead.
I now that my multimeter is too cheap for this.
Have to go now will see you soon.
Thanks
I meant test-point #1 , collector of PNP transistor at oscillator.
Look at picture.
Kind regards,
MaxAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Have a look on ebay for a 2-channel oscillscope with at least 20MHz bandwidth. You should be able to find one for around 200 euros.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
Ok.
So its mistake?
I remember that we discus the price of some good 2 chanel osciloscopes here?What were the number?
Max which transistor did you mean?2N2222 or 2N2907?
Because you told me to try measure from TX lead.
I now that my multimeter is too cheap for this.
Have to go now will see you soon.
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Uh! I think that is way to much consumption!Originally posted by Max View PostHi,
as previously noted your reading of frequency is sure wrong: second harmonic
Probably you have 14.25Khz but your meter cannot read it cause of e.g. bad sens at lower frequency (that's a bit suspicius cause often the lowest sens is at higher freq... but probably signal is distorted too).
Where did you measure frequency ? Which point ?
If you used collector of osc transistor you will read the frequency right way I think cause there are many volts there... if instead you read it at output of rx preamp (note that frequency is the same of TX cause it's air-core transformer) you could have troubles with low quality frequency-meter.
Try to read at collector of transistor... just there coil is connected to osc part on pcb: you will read it good if not distorted much.
If , in case you read at preamp good on previous detector, and now you read it bad... look : it could depend on nulling... more severe nulling to zero means less voltage peak to peak at output of preamp... thus resulting in unreadable or wrong reading on low quality frequency-meter.
Good numbers are 100 for tx and 105 for rx coil, wire 30awg (0.25mm bare wire).
I will look also at line regulation for 8 volts there: if you notice lower voltage try to investigate if there's something that need too much current and become hot there or if your supply goes down on voltage / protection cause of hi current absorbtion: notice also that some kind of speakers make it goes (when all ok) well over 150mA consumption when sound; on no sound you will get something about 30-45mA depending on stuff you use as components.
Kind regards,
Max
With ordinary 8 ohms speaker /0.25W, my devices drains 25-30mA without sound and approx. 60mA with loud sound (full detection)....
Funny...same drains i measured yesterday on old&rusty Micronta 4003!
Regards Max!
P.S.
Yup! 105 and 100 and 107 and 102 are best numbers so far.....0.25mm/255x137
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by tiktak View PostHI,
Also my TX frequency is 28,5 kHZ for both devices.
How can I reach 14 kHz buy adding or taking off some windings?
Max please look the numbers from my previous post and tell me are this the numbers for 255 DD.
Thanks.
I use 100 w 0,25mm wire.
Thanks
as previously noted your reading of frequency is sure wrong: second harmonic
Probably you have 14.25Khz but your meter cannot read it cause of e.g. bad sens at lower frequency (that's a bit suspicius cause often the lowest sens is at higher freq... but probably signal is distorted too).
Where did you measure frequency ? Which point ?
If you used collector of osc transistor you will read the frequency right way I think cause there are many volts there... if instead you read it at output of rx preamp (note that frequency is the same of TX cause it's air-core transformer) you could have troubles with low quality frequency-meter.
Try to read at collector of transistor... just there coil is connected to osc part on pcb: you will read it good if not distorted much.
If , in case you read at preamp good on previous detector, and now you read it bad... look : it could depend on nulling... more severe nulling to zero means less voltage peak to peak at output of preamp... thus resulting in unreadable or wrong reading on low quality frequency-meter.
Good numbers are 100 for tx and 105 for rx coil, wire 30awg (0.25mm bare wire).
I will look also at line regulation for 8 volts there: if you notice lower voltage try to investigate if there's something that need too much current and become hot there or if your supply goes down on voltage / protection cause of hi current absorbtion: notice also that some kind of speakers make it goes (when all ok) well over 150mA consumption when sound; on no sound you will get something about 30-45mA depending on stuff you use as components.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
Thanks all folks.
WM6.Yes maybe you are right.And I think my coil is ok.
Qiaozhi No man I dont have scope.I am planing to buy one soon.But never used one.You will have to help me here.Can I find good 2-chanel scope for around 200 euros?Belive it or not my first TGS is beast.I never have solder any PCB before!But wanned it so much and with help from MAX,IVCONIC and others I made it.Dont now whats the probleme here but I will find it soon.
Now when I think I have a friend with scope!For what should I look.
IVICA.
First I have send you photos of some of my finds.Did you check them?
Basic YES.Not enough YES.But LEARNING IVCONIC,LEARNING...........
Thats why we are here.
I measure with cheap multimeter.DT9208.
I touch TX exit from PCB.
THANKS
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: