If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
ok. thanxs a lot all of ya. you clear my mind. my result are about 20+ cm with 1 dinar (20mm) coin, and i am not satisfied because i have a lot of false signals, my coil is awfull. Ill try to do it like i supposed to, then ll publish my best results. And i am not sure that the electronic is working 100%, at least in my case. per example i got from supplier lm308n and 308an, and when i change its sides i wont work at all. i just want to add that i draw a pcb at first and it didnt work, than i try with the photo system one time and again after that, and i hit the wall in any possible part. i will aprishiate any suggest about my future work, like where i should pay more intention.
im sorry for bugging you guys, i hope you will not understand it bad.
i am thinking of building a serbian most wanted in my spare time, and i heard that it have a intention error in it, and i will be very happy if someone have the correctdata required.
im very glad that i partipate in this project, and im am all shaking for getting out on a field for the first time. i put a lot of my time into it, and i"m doing it mostly for love for the nature and the historic culture
No, sound on video is not good at all. It is doubling all the time, even on a very weak signals. This mean only one thing here; some of coils is reversed. Looks interesting in air (pseudo rich tone) but on soil it will give so much problems and falses....
hi to everybody. i built a tgs and i have something to ask you guys. i saw a video clip on youtube about someone who is testing tgs with different metels. now, i dont get the sound like that, and i was wondering could anybody else go and see the clip and tell me if i should have the sound like that. thx in advance. and i also think that something is wrong with my detector cause i can remove 90% of ic"s and it wont make any difference. i wound a dd coil 22 cm in diameter 100 and 105 wounds, is that correct?
Hi,
Ivconic posted informations about coil data: 100/105 is good ratio for TGS... find also a way to wound like in old pictures... with nails etc.
Finished coil is under 11' diameter DD, with very good null required.
I don't know about this video on youtube... so cannot answer you about sound you heard.
hi to everybody. i built a tgs and i have something to ask you guys. i saw a video clip on youtube about someone who is testing tgs with different metels. now, i dont get the sound like that, and i was wondering could anybody else go and see the clip and tell me if i should have the sound like that. thx in advance. and i also think that something is wrong with my detector cause i can remove 90% of ic"s and it wont make any difference. i wound a dd coil 22 cm in diameter 100 and 105 wounds, is that correct?
Hi,
Yes, I have a good 2-channel oscilloscope.
my phase shift between TX/RX is not big,i had forgot the exactly value.
Now my machine have another question:
In disc mode, it seems have't discriminabilit,
and when working how many current your machine consume.
my machine is about 40MA. I use a 12V battery.
Hi,
I don't remember exaclty now... but consumption with no sound is probably like yours around 40mA or something less. With sound the consumption rise twice or more (depends on speaker and other stuff like darlington used etc) and can be higher than 100mA.
This with speaker... with headphones you have maybe 10mA more only (also this depends on headphones... good ones need really low currents and works nice on TGS).
Hi,
Yes, I have a good 2-channel oscilloscope.
my phase shift between TX/RX is not big,i had forgot the exactly value.
Now my machine have another question:
In disc mode, it seems have't discriminabilit,
and when working how many current your machine consume.
my machine is about 40MA. I use a 12V battery.
Hi,
yes... this is a key question... and I have not all answers about...
I measured very different phase shifts in my coils for TGS (and bandido too) but I can say that my actual coil introduce just 4° phase shift between TX/RX... so not much, and work really fine for me.
On others I get different ...also much more like 9° or more. But some worked good too on TGS ... so I really don't understand why cause I expect big variations on disc etc but I cannot notice them also using ferrite rod to test etc.
Kind regards,
Max
Upon what we can note mayor influence of improper phase shift?
Thanks
Hi,
yes... this is a key question... and I have not all answers about...
I measured very different phase shifts in my coils for TGS (and bandido too) but I can say that my actual coil introduce just 4° phase shift between TX/RX... so not much, and work really fine for me.
On others I get different ...also much more like 9° or more. But some worked good too on TGS ... so I really don't understand why cause I expect big variations on disc etc but I cannot notice them also using ferrite rod to test etc.
Anyway... you need lot of patience with these coils... not all works good at first glance... and some will never work good... just throw them and make new if needed till you make your PERFECT one.
regarding this movement. How can we explain that some coils/MD give away acoustic signal only in one way movement (e.g. right movement) on return movement (e.g. back to left side) it keeps silent. This repeatedly as rule not only once.
thanks for kindness,
regards
Hi,
if you refer to DD coils could be an easy explaination: asym coil.
In a perfect DD coil the center are will always get maximum signal, independent of which side you move the target respect to it.
In asym coil (due e.g. to epoxy work or other fixing...) you can have distorted field and most sensitive area not centered but shifted or disposed in a region of space different from one side to other of the coil.
In this case could happen easy you detect better if you move the target from one side only and worse if from other side...
This could happen also in other configs like e.g. omega or also coplanar coils if not really coplanar... (asymm)
But, generally speaking, well centered and symmetrical coils give same response on symm axis with no regard of direction you move the target to it ...if left or right side I mean.
Thank Max and WM6 very much,my english is poor,so i can't understand what you mean at first. thanks for your explanation,now i know the reason.
my coil is 24cm diameter.and the TX frquence is exactly at 14.6KHz.
The question is:
How many phase shift between TX/RX in you machine?
thanks for kindness.
Good question, but how do you plan to measure phase shift? Do you have 2-channel oscilloscope? If not, better forget on phase shift and do your best with coil tunning/nulling which you can perform by ordinary multimeter. On phase shift you can then make interferences in case of instability your MD.
Leave a comment: