Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lake
    replied
    Originally posted by Lake View Post
    Fets are J113..
    Whops! Wrong project.. Fets are BF245C.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lake
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    What about fets: what are you using there ?
    Fets are J113..

    Leave a comment:


  • strujas
    replied
    Question for Vladimir, is this (marked on photo) C19 =100n in smd?
    This is your last edition of pcb...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Muaz
    replied
    Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

    Property Directory | Wholesale Billiards
    Wholesale Batteries |Stock Brokers Directory

    Leave a comment:


  • junko
    replied
    Hi all.
    Probably i have found the cause of my TGS instability in the real use.
    I have fix the coil with araldite withouth a support.
    Too elastic .
    The vibration produced moving the stick modulathe the coil.
    I have made a plaster mould filled with polypropilen resin.
    Now i am waiting for the resin to fix.
    I hope in that.
    Bye

    Junko

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Lake View Post
    I hope so. It's the batterytest-wire (TGSL schematics: Q10, R46) which causes screaming.. TGSL seems to have also S1. My device is TGS anyway,
    just reading the TGSL schematics because it labels the components.

    In TGS schematics R47 is 470R, but in pcb 470k. TGSL R47 = 470k.
    It takes a several minutes to discharge the capacitor so I'm wondering if 470k is correct?
    Hi,
    no... the battery checker runs for 3-4 seconds only then the sound stops.

    If on your TGS isn't that way... you maybe have a fet there that remains "on" ... instead of open the circuit.

    Check the components all around there... caps and resistors.

    You can make it stop just pulling out of circuit that fet... that way battery checker will not interfere with other parts.

    What about fets: what are you using there ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Lake
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Have you properly nulled coils ?
    I hope so. It's the batterytest-wire (TGSL schematics: Q10, R46) which causes screaming.. TGSL seems to have also S1. My device is TGS anyway,
    just reading the TGSL schematics because it labels the components.

    In TGS schematics R47 is 470R, but in pcb 470k. TGSL R47 = 470k.
    It takes a several minutes to discharge the capacitor so I'm wondering if 470k is correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Lake View Post
    Just got this working somehow but audio is screaming all the time, so I took off 1k resistor to speaker. Battery voltage is 13V, so -5V is actually -6V..
    any ideas?
    Have you properly nulled coils ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Lake
    replied
    Audio screaming all the time..

    Just got this working somehow but audio is screaming all the time, so I took off 1k resistor to speaker. Battery voltage is 13V, so -5V is actually -6V..
    any ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by greg59 View Post
    Hi Max,

    Thanks for your answer.

    In the manual of golden sabre ( http://www.tesoro.com/Golden_Sabre_Manual.html ) : the frequency is 12Khz
    And in the manual of golden sabre plus ( http://www.tesoro.com/Golden_Sabre_Plus_Manual.html ) : the frequency is 15 Khz.

    So if i build the Golden sabre with a tesoro coil : witch coil must i buy ?

    The pcb in the archive file "TesorroGoldensabrezelfbouw1.zip", works or are there some mistakes ?

    The 4 caps 4.7 Uf BI, means 4.7 Uf bipolar ( +/- ) ?

    And near from the audio module, between pin 6 and pin 7 of the lm358, there is a cap : 100 nf is it the good value ?

    Thank very munch

    Greg
    Hi,
    any uMax series coil will work... but find the 8'' polo coil or some 9x8'' spider.
    You can try also 10'' thing... but is a bit heavy if I remember well.

    About frequency... are the caps at TX part that give you these frequencies... and with values you see in schematic you'll get something 14-15KHz on uMax coils.

    You can also build yourself using provided instructions in other previous posts in this thread.

    The original deutch archive is ok... apart minor mistakes... and your device will work using that values and pcb... but better if you dig old posts for little corrections like 5pF instead of 10pF and the like.

    4.7u caps are bipolar: you can use 2 normal electrolitics of 10uF with e.g. minus jointed (so you solder just "+" terminals on PCB) to make one 4u7 bipolar if cannot find already made stuff.

    The 100n , if I remember well, is good there... you can lower its value to get faster response on device...like with 47n or 33n or also 22n but be careful cause lower value means you'll have also some more nervous detector: so use that mod just if your thing is already stable with 100n there.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • greg59
    replied
    Need infos

    Hi Max,

    Thanks for your answer.

    In the manual of golden sabre ( http://www.tesoro.com/Golden_Sabre_Manual.html ) : the frequency is 12Khz
    And in the manual of golden sabre plus ( http://www.tesoro.com/Golden_Sabre_Plus_Manual.html ) : the frequency is 15 Khz.

    So if i build the Golden sabre with a tesoro coil : witch coil must i buy ?

    The pcb in the archive file "TesorroGoldensabrezelfbouw1.zip", works or are there some mistakes ?

    The 4 caps 4.7 Uf BI, means 4.7 Uf bipolar ( +/- ) ?

    And near from the audio module, between pin 6 and pin 7 of the lm358, there is a cap : 100 nf is it the good value ?

    Thank very munch

    Greg

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by greg59 View Post
    Hi,

    I would like to make the Golden Sabre but what is the size of the pcb in the zip file "TesorroGoldensabrezelfbouw1.zip" ?

    And what is the frequency of the Golden Sabre ( i'm not sure ) : 12 or 15 Khz ?

    Is it the 2 tones versions or not ?

    Thank you very munch for your answer.
    greg
    Hi,
    do you mean the original PCB from deutch project ? It's something 10x13cm don't remember now exactly... but is not really large like other stuff: it's medium thing

    Frequency officially is 14KHz: actually anything from 14 to 15KHz is good on it... better if you have 14.6-14.7KHz

    No... it's not 2 tones... not this version: the czech version of sabre is two tones... but is different from original TGS

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • greg59
    replied
    need infos

    Hi,

    I would like to make the Golden Sabre but what is the size of the pcb in the zip file "TesorroGoldensabrezelfbouw1.zip" ?

    And what is the frequency of the Golden Sabre ( i'm not sure ) : 12 or 15 Khz ?

    Is it the 2 tones versions or not ?

    Thank you very munch for your answer.
    greg

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    ospecting...
    Despite other machines i have/had (Garrett GTI2500, Eagle II,1266,Colt,1220B,CZ5,Troy X3....) i do respect this TGS much cose it showed as very useable and much faster to work with than many others.
    Second one i can put in my favorite list should be Troy X3 (no doubts)! But sad fact is my X3 is unadjusted and temporary unuseable....Damn!
    Regards!
    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    How are you lately?Have you make some prospecting lately?Any new finds?

    I were aweys curies about this but havent any spare time to ask you.
    When you compare TGS with Garrett GTI2500 what are the results?
    I were planing to buy such but then I have found this forum Max and You,and I have invested my buget in TGS.
    I am very happy with this my desition because I have bought MD3040 this were my first detector and have confused me very much!!!!!!!
    Stupid china toy.
    I have never found ancient coin with this....................I have spend meny hours in wondering why my expencive detector it cost me then around 250 euro,cant detect anything and in the same time my frends have many finds with their home made machines.
    Thats why I wanna now is this Garrett so good as they told?Obviusly not but agree with me that this is hard to belive.

    Thanks

    I have saw a nice plastic coil housing for DD 37,5!Plase advice me with how much turns for TX and RX should I try to make coil for TGS?
    I now that when I go to old fortress and rockhills I will have trubles,but I think that this coil will be DEEP in soil!Wont you agree.As I told you many times I saw 40 cm coil,this is the same.........people dont make this with no reason,they try to go deeper.This instability should be compensated somehow.This 37,5 is outher border of the inner side of housing.
    You told somewhere that your friend JD have made 50cm for his CZ!!!
    So everything is pointing that we should search for bigger coil.
    When I looked at some garrett coil page they told that only their coil for GTI2500 have an extra winding that gives info about ithems depth!!!
    Can you add something like this for TGS[/quote]


    Hi TikTak, you quoted my short comment about various md's. Well it will need much more to explain those than just a few words. I will not do that cose you have much better explanations here on this forum and all over the net. Each of mentioned md has its benefits and drawbacks. That's why this world is so beautifull! Uniforming would make it much worse.
    TGS, considering it as handmade, is really worth of making and working with it. Especially on coinshooting. But to find any coins, those must be burried in ground! You cant find any coins on places they dont exist. You must involve here some history and find some spots where possible you can find something.
    Garrett GTI2500...among few drawbacks, it is still state of the art of machine. Main drawback is not so good discrimination with all coils came with it. Small coils are better for shallow depth and GTI have better discrimination with it. Larger diammeter coils goes very deep but have worse discrimination. But i guess it is the case with all other brands too. I do suggest you to buy GTI if you can afford. No words can substitute your own experience. But as with DXF,Explorer,X-Terra,Eagle and simillar "digital" macines, also with GTI you cant learn to work with, fast, for one day.It will need week or two on various terrains you to spend and examine all its functions and proper preseting of those, to make it working the way it suits your needs.
    That's why you can read such different critics and comments about those. Some people claims those are not so good as advertised, some other claims those are excellent machines. I would rather say that it depends of operater's skill mostly.
    Yes, yesterday i went outdoor for the first time in this year and found 14 roman coins from V century, one bronze brace and few lead bullets from 19 century. Not so bad for a start.
    If you use that 37.5 coil with TGS, be sure you will loose some of discrimination and stabillity. Also it will not go so deep as you might be expecting. I noticed my 32cm coil is not much deeper than 27cm. Other hand 27cm is absolutely stabile without falses and discrimination is excellent.
    TGS oscillator is very low power, adding larger diammeter coils would not help much on depths.Mainly it is designed for locating very small items in the ground. Modding oscillator and adding more power will add some depths for sure and than larger diammeter coils will make some sence. But that is another story. I actually never thought seriously on that, since i am interested mostly on smaller items, coins preferably. But that is because of fact that i am surrounded with that kind of terrains, to many ancient locations. Real nature of terrains you are planing to visit will distinguish your needs. Therefore you have to decide on your own.
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi ,

    ospecting...
    Despite other machines i have/had (Garrett GTI2500, Eagle II,1266,Colt,1220B,CZ5,Troy X3....) i do respect this TGS much cose it showed as very useable and much faster to work with than many others.
    Second one i can put in my favorite list should be Troy X3 (no doubts)! But sad fact is my X3 is unadjusted and temporary unuseable....Damn!
    Regards![/quote]

    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    How are you lately?Have you make some prospecting lately?Any new finds?

    I were aweys curies about this but havent any spare time to ask you.
    When you compare TGS with Garrett GTI2500 what are the results?
    I were planing to buy such but then I have found this forum Max and You,and I have invested my buget in TGS.
    I am very happy with this my desition because I have bought MD3040 this were my first detector and have confused me very much!!!!!!!
    Stupid china toy.
    I have never found ancient coin with this....................I have spend meny hours in wondering why my expencive detector it cost me then around 250 euro,cant detect anything and in the same time my frends have many finds with their home made machines.
    Thats why I wanna now is this Garrett so good as they told?Obviusly not but agree with me that this is hard to belive.

    Thanks

    I have saw a nice plastic coil housing for DD 37,5!Plase advice me with how much turns for TX and RX should I try to make coil for TGS?
    I now that when I go to old fortress and rockhills I will have trubles,but I think that this coil will be DEEP in soil!Wont you agree.As I told you many times I saw 40 cm coil,this is the same.........people dont make this with no reason,they try to go deeper.This instability should be compensated somehow.This 37,5 is outher border of the inner side of housing.
    You told somewhere that your friend JD have made 50cm for his CZ!!!
    So everything is pointing that we should search for bigger coil.
    When I looked at some garrett coil page they told that only their coil for GTI2500 have an extra winding that gives info about ithems depth!!!
    Can you add something like this for TGS

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X