Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Thanks.
    Glad to here you make it work finaly.
    From which points did you measure the frequency?

    Leave a comment:


  • junko
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Junko where are you from?
    Italy

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Junko where are you from?

    Leave a comment:


  • junko
    replied
    Forget my last message.
    I have found the problem.
    I have tuned the tx capacitor to obtain 14.7 khz
    but not the rx capacitor.
    I have retuned rx and now it' all ok,discriminator,geb and notch with 10 k .
    Checked in the seaside very good and stable, with a big sensibility.
    A big thank to all the contributor of this thread.



    Best Regards

    Junko

    Leave a comment:


  • junko
    replied
    Notch gain

    Hi all
    Now my TGS it' s working very good in all metal.
    But i have found a problem, if i connect the 10k potentometr of the notch
    filter the discriminator no work bad sensitivity.
    I have modify the value of the notch potentiometer to 100 K and now all is working,
    discriminator and notch with high sensitivity.
    Where is the problem in the no mod schematic?
    Any one that have build the TGS with 10k can help me ?

    Thanks
    Regards
    Junko

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Max
    Ok, about elektor vlf detector: I built it 10 years ago, I saw that article
    With three language, English, French, Dutch.
    It is used two pll circuit, one for oscillating and another for produced various phase
    Angle for discriminating. one channel, It was very stable on workbench with two 27cm oo coil.
    Motion type, in my opinion albeit it was 1982 designed, also still new. Also had good deep
    In the air .
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by aft_72005 View Post
    Hi Max
    Thanks for your guide. I built elector vlf detector published year 1982 ,with pll ics
    Years ago. It motion type, but had tuning or threshold level control potentiometer.
    Are you trying building dual mode (motion-nonmotion) detector?
    Best regards.
    Hi Aft,
    I've not tryed that... but if you look at Tesoro's schematics... you'll see they are all similar (at least VLF kind) so it will be easy make mods also just with kind of cut and paste of parts from one to the other... even without making new stuff I mean...about circuits required.

    Now the TGS is that way: it's motion kind... but it's easy to convert into nonmotion kind too cause just few mods could be required. I've not done but I think it's relatively easy to do... and maybe someone will do sooner or later with TGS... an operation similar to the Czech Sabre version... that's really interesting project on that mods on originals.

    At now I'm not interested in this nonmotion mod... cause device works great as motion kind, but maybe in future I can plan of making that way.

    The old elektor french edition PLL is different from these cause it was more like a BFO than an IB detector... even if it has IB coils. I remember it... once I decided to make it but then realized that the big drawback was at coils (have no data about) and about weight of it also, then not least important was also its complexity about use, really high with all that pots.
    So I gave up on making it and started other projects instead.

    As far as I remember it was a good detector for that age... and many realized it in France. Am I wrong?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Max
    Thanks for your guide. I built elector vlf detector published year 1982 ,with pll ics
    Years ago. It motion type, but had tuning or threshold level control potentiometer.
    Are you trying building dual mode (motion-nonmotion) detector?
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by aft_72005 View Post
    Hi
    As I saw in circuit diagram, TGS working without threshold potentiometer.
    Any body try add threshold potentiometer to TGS circuit?
    What is result?
    regards
    Hi,
    TGS is motion kind... no constant threshold at speaker... so no need to add a threshold control.

    You can modify it to get it work as -nonmotion kind... but I think... it's better trying the BandidoII or Eldorado if you need that.

    Also... keep in mind that non-motion behaviour in these detectors is about limited to pinpointing activity (at least in BandidoII is that way... just for pinpointing) cause there are problems of stability on longer time more than 1 minute.

    Personally I leaved TGS in original behaviour (motion kind) but the mod is possible.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi
    As I saw in circuit diagram, TGS working without threshold potentiometer.
    Any body try add threshold potentiometer to TGS circuit?
    What is result?
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    can anyone help me

    Hey all!
    I am rollo from germany.
    I think it is a great forum!And i have built the tgs.
    I have a tesoro-coil 12”x10” spider-coil.
    Yesterday i have test this tgs with the coil.
    Batterietest ok and then I am wondering the tgs funktion direct
    in All metal ,but in disc I switched and hearing anything but
    They don’t discrimination and then I switched the notch on
    (Turn on both notch potis) and he make it filtering but very difficult
    and complex between different metal.
    The both switches what I have are on,off,on (one with six
    Pins and the other with three pins. Orginal is on,on ?)
    My next question is about the two potis (notch-width and gnd-balance)
    I can’t handle a scope. Can anyone give me the values what can I adjust?
    Or maybe can anyone explain me as I can make it manuel without an scope?
    My components are:
    lm308h , lm393n(to??) , tl062cp , lf353n , bf245c 2n2222 , 2n2907 , bc517 , 7808

    and the performans are not so good as I read in this forum
    but I hope in the future.

    Thank you in advance
    rollo

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    Thanks for the answer.
    I went too,but only jar caps.Damn those are boring.I digg maybe 100.
    The interesting thing is that they give the exacly same response like coin and I cant make differance I have to digg.Please tell me how you handle those.About locations as I told you I will send some photos to your e-mail,to help me decide where I have to comcentrate.But the wether were very bad so this will happen in few days.I have found great locations but its look like I have no luck at all.
    I am happy to herar that you have good finds at your first going out.
    Have no time now but I will write to you soon

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Lake View Post
    Whops! Wrong project.. Fets are BF245C.
    They are good on TGS so problem is not with them.

    What about darlington thing ? You must consider there are 2 suggested types but you must reverse 180° from one to the other.

    Leave a comment:


  • strujas
    replied
    If anybody are interested, here is a SMD pcb for golden sabre, size of board is X = 70.358mm Y = 69.977mm, transistors are in ordinary cases, electrolytes are too ordinary, resistors are 1206 and other capacitators are in 1206
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • strujas
    replied
    Originally posted by Lake View Post
    Whops! Wrong project.. Fets are BF245C.
    You can use J107 instead bf 245

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X