Hi,
Ivconic,
How did you conect two 10mF electrolitic capacitators to replace 4,7 mF Bipolars?
-++-?+--+?+-
+-?
Thanks
Because I cant find this here where I am located lately!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Hi,
Hi,
Nelson.
I think that you use wrong data!
For DD 28cm TX=100 RX=105 w!
My TGS is working realy good now!I have found my first coin!And haven't even measure the working frequency!
I think that you should try nulling the coil from LF353 pin 7!
This way I finaly null my coil more than workable!/you null now using L2 end and start right?/
p.s.Happy new year
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Ivconic and all TGS fanatics.
Well i just whant to tell and share my expirencies and problems found with TGS coil.
My best coil it measures 4.8 mH and 5.7 mH, resistance btw 17 and 19 ohms respectively, for a 28 cms coil form, wire is 30awg or 0,25mm.
I measure the frequency and this reads 19.2 Khz
I tried another 28 cms coil, with 120 and 125 turns, resistance was around 34 ohms, and inductance was over 10 mH
Then my next coils were 28 cms form, 24.9 and 24.2 ohms, inductance 5.65 and 5.25 mH. Numbers of turns 90 and 95. This were the closest values i got, the frequency on the coil 15.1 Khz. Detection very poor.
Now i have more questions than before, cause i can get the correct deep results.
On this last coil i made, i measured inductance with ordinary multimeter, then i measured with a good inductance meter and this reads values around 8 and 8.9 mH. This also means to me that if i whant to get around correct values i should remove more turns, and this less than 90 and 95 turns.
So finally i belive that i must correct somo caps on the circuit.
I hope the experts on TGS can give me orientation on this, cause i m very confused now.
Ivconic, what inductance meter did you use?
120 turns give me more resistance than the one you posted.
I know i have errors here but can“t figure out what are those.
Regards and thanks for your support.
Nelson
Originally posted by ivconic View Post"...Ivconic this detector with 40cm coil is IB too and 6kHz I think,1000 steps earth filter,modern disc and ......... bla,bla,bla but have digg many ithems and a lot of coins...."
Actually...most important thing is LUCK ! And md operaters skill...of course!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
I wish to all involved in TGS tread HAPPY NEW YEAR.
And wanna thank to Carl for this forum.This way our hobby is going further and further.........................
Only nice things in 2008.
p.s.Ivconic were are you?Havent post lately?
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi Ivconic!
How are you?Thanks for this tip!I will only wash my finds with wather.
What do you think about this scope please advice me!!
Can I null coil like your with this old model?
Because now with only multimeter at pin 7 of LF353,and I can reach around 150mV.
Device detect 10 euro cent coin at 25-27cm in air in disc mode!
What do you think can this TGS detect lets say a pottery full with coins at 60cm?Or this is inposible task?
Thanks
p.s.I will send you soon those pictures that I have promissed to your e-mail.I am having troubles lately.
But I think that this TGS is VERY good machine!!!
Yesterday I were able to detect in snow storm and the surfice were covered totaly with 20-40 cm snow.
Have you tryed to hunt in snow?
See you soon...............
"What do you think can this TGS detect lets say a pottery full with coins at 60cm?Or this is inposible task?"
Now for you is POSSIBLE task, at least in medium soil.
Have a good time with it!
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
Hi Ivconic!
How are you?Thanks for this tip!I will only wash my finds with wather.
What do you think about this scope please advice me!!
Can I null coil like your with this old model?
Because now with only multimeter at pin 7 of LF353,and I can reach around 150mV.
Device detect 10 euro cent coin at 25-27cm in air in disc mode!
What do you think can this TGS detect lets say a pottery full with coins at 60cm?Or this is inposible task?
Thanks
p.s.I will send you soon those pictures that I have promissed to your e-mail.I am having troubles lately.
But I think that this TGS is VERY good machine!!!
Yesterday I were able to detect in snow storm and the surfice were covered totaly with 20-40 cm snow.
Have you tryed to hunt in snow?
See you soon...............
Leave a comment:
-
Nice.Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Ivconic whats up.
Have you cook something new lately?
I am happy to tell you that I have found my first small roman coin.Its cooper but I dont know from what ruler?
I will e-mail you soon some pic-s as we speek earlyer.
This happen before 2 days.In this snow!I were shore that I finaly found a coin when I heard the sweet honey sound.
This hill fortrres is like cheese holl to holl.But I get this neer one tree.Only 3 cm in soil but under the leaves +3-5cm.
With what did you clean your coins without damaging them?
Thanks
p.s.I see the D and N bn coin?Very strange.But I am almost shore that this one is copper.
I do not "clean" coins. Usually i do put those in a hot water for hour or two. And that is all. If need some to clean than i ask one of my friends to clean those. He is expert and i am not. You better do not try to clean those but just keep as they are.Otherwise, you will risk to destroy possibly rare and expensive coin. As suggested, look in some catalogue or ask somebody who knows about coins.
Regards
Leave a comment:
-
all coins picture above link but below link forbidden for under 18 yeur olds
best wishes
Erol
Leave a comment:
-
Hello All
if you want to know which empirers coin which century look at coin katalog at below links but Turkish with pictures
Best wishes
Erol
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
Ivconic whats up.
Have you cook something new lately?
I am happy to tell you that I have found my first small roman coin.Its cooper but I dont know from what ruler?
I will e-mail you soon some pic-s as we speek earlyer.
This happen before 2 days.In this snow!I were shore that I finaly found a coin when I heard the sweet honey sound.
This hill fortrres is like cheese holl to holl.But I get this neer one tree.Only 3 cm in soil but under the leaves +3-5cm.
With what did you clean your coins without damaging them?
Thanks
p.s.I see the D and N bn coin?Very strange.But I am almost shore that this one is copper.
Leave a comment:
-
HI MAX
I DECIDED TO BUILD FIRST A SURFMASTER PI AND WHITE'S PI-1000 AND AFTER THIS... GOLDSCAN 4.
THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION.
REGARDS
DIRCEU
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Unregistered View PostHI GEO!
I NEED TO BUILD A GOOD PI DETECTOR FOR BEACHES HUNTING. I THINK YOU HAVE
EXPERIENCE IN THIS.
YOU MAY BE POST A SCHEMATIC AND PCB FOR ME.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
DIRCEU
there are already on the forum and nice ones:
from easy e.g. white's PI1000 to other more complex PI you can use on beach too.
For example I've tested DeltaPulse (and its brother circuit XR71) on beach with excelent results... but I'm not a beach hunter so just use from time to time when I can go on beach (and weather is fine for beach hunting too).
Almost all PI designs will work on the beach... but you have pay attention expecially at 1st delay param (settings from 35 to 15us are good), and use a double integrator design for better stability and noise rejection.
I suggest you look also at Hammerhead documentation and projects like you can find on the pulsdetektor website (e.g. Atiny).
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi all
I didn't finish the TGS coil still
. Now I deal with the modification of Barracuda and thus until I finish it is excluded I deal with the TGS coil. Still I am afraid that rather I aged
and I am not more for such manufactures.
Each day I become more lazy


.
Does any knows what is to blaim ?
But i am not afraid......... maybe Ivica to send me a coil 28cm

Regards
Leave a comment:
-
"...Ivconic this detector with 40cm coil is IB too and 6kHz I think,1000 steps earth filter,modern disc and ......... bla,bla,bla but have digg many ithems and a lot of coins...."
Actually...most important thing is LUCK ! And md operaters skill...of course!
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: