If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I said "bs" to describe my doubts on its functionallity. Same as Zahori. Zahori is also workable electronic device. I made it and i saw what is all about. But working what? Is it good for accurate long range locating? No! Of course not! Same with this device. I would swear (without closer look) that it is a sort of "receiver", able to receive hums and mum, interferences and God only knows what else, but i am sure man can not detect remote item with it! 99% of simillar devices are based on some direct receiver design, with huge differences between designs.You can add some stage or not, on it.But at the end you will have low level direct receiver anyway. Is it workable? Yes. Is it useable? No! Regards.
Of course, if you connect directly a capacitor and antenna to pin 3 of the 3140, you'll catch hums and... You'll design in input "your" gold sensor.
I dont thinks its the usual BS.This time there is something diferent.I mean, it need investigation.The way it has been built shows its real.No calculator here Regards, Fred.
I said "bs" to describe my doubts on its functionallity. Same as Zahori. Zahori is also workable electronic device. I made it and i saw what is all about. But working what? Is it good for accurate long range locating? No! Of course not! Same with this device. I would swear (without closer look) that it is a sort of "receiver", able to receive hums and mum, interferences and God only knows what else, but i am sure man can not detect remote item with it! 99% of simillar devices are based on some direct receiver design, with huge differences between designs.You can add some stage or not, on it.But at the end you will have low level direct receiver anyway. Is it workable? Yes. Is it useable? No! Regards.
Hi Ivconic,
I dont thinks its the usual BS.This time there is something diferent.I mean, it need investigation.The way it has been built shows its real.No calculator here
Regards,
Fred.
Hi,
I have just tried my new DD coil, here are the results.
All tests where made in air, with a 1 dollar coin,38mm diameter.Coil is 20cm diameter
When at maximum,the "sens" pot is at 5 o´clock, here i get a few random beeps,i reduce it to 4 o´clock and it is perfect.
-With ground ballance pot a one side (no ground balance),all metal,i could detect the coin at more than 45cm!! With sens at max, barely detectable at almost 50cm. I had to fix the coin on a 1m plastic pipe to avoid detecting my hand.
-With GB properly set, all metal,38cm.
-"Disc" on , 27cm
Now i want to put the GB pot on the front , i let a space for this.
The TGS i really an excellent detector!
Thanks for all who helped here to build it , in particular Qiaozhi,Max,Ivconic Etc.
If i find a treasure i will let you know
No i am going to build to the next project, a PI.
Best regards to all! ,
Fred.
Hi,
well done ! That's the way of doing coils... yeah !
I can get an halfcrown (32mm diameter copper-nickel alloy) at very far distance using 10''... also in disc mode but cannot say here exact numbers of this experiment...otherwise people here will start thinking I'm a joker !
Of course... in the soil the story is different.
Your experience with 20cm DD coil confirms what we already know: it's a really powerful device this TGS.
For PI I suggest too DeltaPulse (or XR71) ... but you can do also hammerhead or some pulsedetektor project, that are very cool.
Nice to hear that, Fred! You don't need to put GEB on front panel, you only need to preset it right. Already explained on this thread. But i will suggest you to adjust it to point where is just about to reject ferrite rod.OK you can leave it to produce some mum "crack's" when ferrite rod is few mm's away from coil surface. You dont need to fully reject it. Sdjusted that way, GEB preset will suit your demands on most of types of terrains. The rest you already experienced (as i see from your post) so no need for further comments. Again congratulation! You've made it right!
Other friends here; i am pretty good now, health problems solved. Reason i am not showing oftenly here is that i have nothing new to offer. I lost continuity in my works due unexpected problems. Now i need some time to back to bussiness...
Interesting enough is Tesoro Royal Sabre. I was thinking to make it. Generaly, it is the very same type of detector as Golden Sabre, only with some extra modes. I guess it will be easy to use same coils with it. Those few Tesoro's designs are very good. Performances are indeed close to performances of newest,todays designs. Of course keep in mind that those are analogue, while newest detectors do involve some "digital" features. As far as i am concerned, i am pretty satisfied with complete analogue design, as long as it suits my expectations on real field. No need to repeat that i already done a lot of "terrains" with this TGSL i already mad. Results were great (as i posted earlier). To much finds with it, so far. More than satisfied!
Fred, if you want to make really good PI tha i can suggest you to make Delta Pulse. I made over 20 of those so far. Indeed excellent PI design! Friends, very Best regards!
Hi Ivconic,
nice to hear you are fine. So we'll keep on business here... nice!
Have you took a look at LRL stuff ??? There's a radiocircuit that seems not as usual a nonsense... and we have components values (thanks to Morgan) and pcb designs( 6 small boards and a bunch of stuff all easy apart one "special" resistor)... what do you think ? It's worth a try ?
Anyway, I'm very happy you are again here.
Kind regards (and, of course, Merry Christmas),
Max
HI IVCONIC.
JUST TO SAY HELLO AND I M HAPPY YOU ARE BACK AGAIN. I HOPE HEALTH IS FINE BY NOW.
TALKING ABOUT PI, I M CONSTRUCTING A NEW ONE SIDE PCB DELTA PULSE TOO, SO I HOPE TO FINISH IT SOON.
BEST REGARDS
NELSON
Nice to hear that, Fred! You don't need to put GEB on front panel, you only need to preset it right. Already explained on this thread. But i will suggest you to adjust it to point where is just about to reject ferrite rod.OK you can leave it to produce some mum "crack's" when ferrite rod is few mm's away from coil surface. You dont need to fully reject it. Sdjusted that way, GEB preset will suit your demands on most of types of terrains. The rest you already experienced (as i see from your post) so no need for further comments. Again congratulation! You've made it right!
Other friends here; i am pretty good now, health problems solved. Reason i am not showing oftenly here is that i have nothing new to offer. I lost continuity in my works due unexpected problems. Now i need some time to back to bussiness...
Interesting enough is Tesoro Royal Sabre. I was thinking to make it. Generaly, it is the very same type of detector as Golden Sabre, only with some extra modes. I guess it will be easy to use same coils with it. Those few Tesoro's designs are very good. Performances are indeed close to performances of newest,todays designs. Of course keep in mind that those are analogue, while newest detectors do involve some "digital" features. As far as i am concerned, i am pretty satisfied with complete analogue design, as long as it suits my expectations on real field. No need to repeat that i already done a lot of "terrains" with this TGSL i already mad. Results were great (as i posted earlier). To much finds with it, so far. More than satisfied!
Fred, if you want to make really good PI tha i can suggest you to make Delta Pulse. I made over 20 of those so far. Indeed excellent PI design! Friends, very Best regards!
Glad you are back and well !! Hope you will continue your experiences soon.
About the GEB: i wanted to put it in front panel because if i want to change coils i dont want to open case each time.It´s just one more pot in front, you did not find its necessary when you change coils?
I have right now a PCB etching for the XR71-same as DP, i am glad i have choosen the right one, it took me a few days The PCB is one side, with pots on PCB, posted on DP thread , really nice work.Should be ready in 10 minutes
Best regards, Fred.
Yes, you are right there; no matter how much effort i put in making very same coils, i also noticed slice differences between them!? Phase angle must varry from one to another, further it just justify your claims - GEB trimm. must be readjusted a bit (even 1/10mm!) when changing coils. So it is not bad idea at all. But GEB trimm. lays in pretty "noisy" environment, so extra precautions must be taken when wiring it as pot. on fron panel. I still havent found proper way to wire up it there. Must find proper cables.... Yes, actually XR-71 and DP are exact same design. There are few minor changes...also applyable to both. I used 2 sided pcb, KT315 posted in tha past here, on this forum... Regards!
Glad you are back and well !!
Hope you will continue your experiences soon.
About the GEB: i wanted to put it in front panel because if i want to change coils i dont want to open case each time.It´s just one more pot in front, you did not find its necessary when you change coils?
I have right now a PCB etching for the XR71-same as DP, i am glad i have choosen the right one, it took me a few days
The PCB is one side, with pots on PCB, posted on DP thread , really nice work.Should be ready in 10 minutes
I have just tried my new DD coil, here are the results. All tests where made in air, with a 1 dollar coin,38mm diameter.Coil is 20cm diameter
When at maximum,the "sens" pot is at 5 o´clock, here i get a few random beeps,i reduce it to 4 o´clock and it is perfect. -With ground ballance pot a one side (no ground balance),all metal,i could detect the coin at more than 45cm!! With sens at max, barely detectable at almost 50cm. I had to fix the coin on a 1m plastic pipe to avoid detecting my hand. -With GB properly set, all metal,38cm. -"Disc" on , 27cm
Now i want to put the GB pot on the front , i let a space for this. The TGS i really an excellent detector!
Thanks for all who helped here to build it , in particular Qiaozhi,Max,Ivconic Etc. If i find a treasure i will let you know No i am going to build to the next project, a PI. Best regards to all! , Fred.
Nice to hear that, Fred! You don't need to put GEB on front panel, you only need to preset it right. Already explained on this thread. But i will suggest you to adjust it to point where is just about to reject ferrite rod.OK you can leave it to produce some mum "crack's" when ferrite rod is few mm's away from coil surface. You dont need to fully reject it. Sdjusted that way, GEB preset will suit your demands on most of types of terrains. The rest you already experienced (as i see from your post) so no need for further comments. Again congratulation! You've made it right!
Other friends here; i am pretty good now, health problems solved. Reason i am not showing oftenly here is that i have nothing new to offer. I lost continuity in my works due unexpected problems. Now i need some time to back to bussiness...
Interesting enough is Tesoro Royal Sabre. I was thinking to make it. Generaly, it is the very same type of detector as Golden Sabre, only with some extra modes. I guess it will be easy to use same coils with it. Those few Tesoro's designs are very good. Performances are indeed close to performances of newest,todays designs. Of course keep in mind that those are analogue, while newest detectors do involve some "digital" features. As far as i am concerned, i am pretty satisfied with complete analogue design, as long as it suits my expectations on real field. No need to repeat that i already done a lot of "terrains" with this TGSL i already mad. Results were great (as i posted earlier). To much finds with it, so far. More than satisfied!
Fred, if you want to make really good PI tha i can suggest you to make Delta Pulse. I made over 20 of those so far. Indeed excellent PI design! Friends, very Best regards!
Leave a comment: