Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davor
    replied
    Or you can get one of these: https://dx.com/p/portable-6800mah-em...eu-plug-135958 just as I'm about to do myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    this is one I made up one time I think they were 1800mH its about 12v... best of all free. See your IT guy for an old laptop pack, bust it open- with care. Dont short out as will get exciting. Measure the cells one is normally dead. The others will be ok.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5050.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	337594Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5049.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	337595
    S

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    You need a balance charger as davor says,

    Li - cells cannot be charged above 4.2v per cell. You cant simply charge then in series like nicads or NiHh

    There are cheap china chargers with multiple cell connections.


    These are inexpensive and effective ...



    I use this technique and have used cells from laptop packs - last for ages between charges too.

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    You need a balanced charger for these, e.g. every battery is charged individually, and therefore the laptop batteries have so many contacts.

    Leave a comment:


  • labtec1
    replied
    Hello everyone
    The power IGSL use LION battery that I got off with a laptop (3 cells connected in series), but I do not have a charger for them
    how to make battery
    given to any of you has a scheme for making
    Filling ordinary transformer would kill the battery charger
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Anyway, I played a bit with AB->C class Tx of IGSL and it turns out to be a perfect candidate for this, as there is a driver transistor that is easy to manipulate. I also found a simple network that can double the amplitude on an existing coil (6dB gain) and make it quasi balanced in the same go. More on these this evening or some other day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Well, I'm not certain you are tuning your GB properly. Finding a proper GB is supposed to zero response to brick only, not all spectrum. Perhaps you'd do better if you wrap things up and go for some real hunting. Eventually you'll learn how to tune GB.

    Leave a comment:


  • liekwang
    replied
    ?Sensitive can be up to 30 cm deep but also sensitive to the red brick if GB I turn left onto sensitive being poor but not sensitive to red brick GB I have one on the Front Panel so I've joined your suggestions

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Original IGSL schematic is a bit confusing with independent tuning of GB. That's why I joined GB of both channels and made it tunable from the front panel.

    Leave a comment:


  • liekwang
    replied
    ?If it can remove bricks detection is very poor what if GB rotating clockwise direction opposite to the detection of the bricks are gone but the poor against metal

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Detecting a brick says you have bad adjustment of ground balance, so one step at the time...

    Leave a comment:


  • liekwang
    replied
    ?Davor I revamp the shield of al foil and a gold ring can detect on 19cm's voice is very clear and it detects also a piece of red brick with a distance of 10 cm is detected for me was okay for now but I am not satisfied with the current depth

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Yes, this is a Grozdev design. His Tx is balanced as well, also using a centre tap (that's the way to obtain lots of power, and simultaneously reduce Rx to Tx coupling).

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Davor
    have you seen the Centre tapped coil differential front end of this design ?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    just tik tik must be a result of short-circuiting the foil shield

    Make sure you understand the procedure of placing, AND INSULATING foil

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X