Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blisstool ltc64x v2i

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Tests were done by "BlisstoolUSA.com" !

    So promotion video at first line.

    But thing appear (if soil is really so heavy as claimed in first video) more stable than expected.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Coin like this one:



    was "killed" by Deus and large coil at 32cm depth in VERY MINERALIZED SOIL!

    Actually; Deus "killed" 3 of such coins, at depths 32cm, 30cm and 31cm.
    Coins were spaced 1-1.5m from each other, in highly polluted and mineralized soil.

    So when i see such brainless efforts to promote some homebrew on Deus's account, trying to prove homebrew is superior over Deus (and other top machines too) - i simply can't stand such imbecility!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Tests were done by "BlisstoolUSA.com" !

    Don't know about Etrac, never used it.
    But i don't see Deus's adjustments?!
    All what i see are some custom adjustments saved at 9. place in it's memory.
    Let me summarize this with one simple word: BS !!!
    HUGE PILE OF BS!
    C'mon WM6! Can't you at least trust me??
    I don't blame the others, they don't know me, but at least you should trust me!
    Deus with LARGER coil will EAT such coin on such depth LIKE A JOKE!
    There is no question about it at all. I tested it dozen times so far.
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Some new tests from AU



    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    everything fixed!

    I like plastic-surgery!

    And the soldering iron has the perfect temperature for this...
    But such things really must be done in well ventilated rooms.
    And use the right plastic material - it must mix and stick well
    together with the stuff you wanna repair, close or whatever.
    Therefore save all kind of plastic garbage in a little box -
    sometimes it could be of real good use.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Thx barryny for your generous offer but it is really no problem.

    This is the 11'' coil (28cm) from 2010 (or perhaps 2009) and
    material wears out after some time of heavy use.
    You can say it was my own fault and so I also will fix it.

    I guess I have still some warranty time left but I won't need it.
    The coil wasn't used very cosy and the box was already opened
    for the additional accu-pack mod you can see here:




    Sometimes I may buy the 15'' coil with long cable anyway
    because I really would like to hunt with the Blisstool as
    hang around the neck detector - I know already the difference!

    If holder and coil alltogether has less than 1,5kg hunting all
    day works like a charm and is much more convenient.



    The Blisstool LTC64 with 11'' coil has 1.850 kg total which is still OK
    for flat sites. The 11'' coil is around 0.7kg, the 15'' has some more.

    barryny, if you have good connections to Ahmed please convince him
    that he must update the somehow stiff grey coil-cable to a much
    more flexible black one with more soft isolation. Otherwise the
    cable would break easily while "hang around the neck"-usage -
    but it is possible to substitute the original cable with 2 small RG58
    (RG58 / U) coax cables that contain steel wires for better durability
    (copper wires or those weak audio coax cables are breaking easier).


    My fazit is still that the Blisstool is a great detector for very
    small stuff, very old and already low conductivity stuff and for
    deeper slightly larger things. But especially because I can handle
    the critical adjustment signals very well. I can hunt at silencer 10
    and directly near electro-smog sources still at threshold 7 and still
    get the real signals from the erratic ones.

    The Garrett GTI 1500 would beep like a running wild keyboard
    under the same sensitivity settings! At the same location
    I can still use the double amount of sensitivity with the Blisstool
    without going nuts by too strong eratic noises.

    And I don't like detectors that discriminate stuff like mineralic
    stones. That's why I prefer the Blisstool and the Jeohunter -
    freedom for all targets - no preselection!

    Don't know if this is possible - but perhaps it is:
    Ahmed can try to add another pot where the motion-circuit
    can be regulated from full motion to full non-motion.

    And I would add a little circuit where those signals that are
    getting stronger (coming out from the white noise) get a
    significant change in audio-frequency.

    In this case chatter could be heard as "grey" while the
    weak targets (and of course good ones) start to sound like
    a melodic or at least detectable differenct tune.

    The more the audio-frequency would be spread in this case,
    the more signal noise ratio could be made audible and usable.

    I'm shure there is alot further potential for improvements
    for the Blisstool, as example an directly plug in accupack
    would be great, too. Also more lightweight coils like those
    from Detech would be a great idea, even 20'' coils would
    be imagible.


    The LTC64 v3 is not the end yet - it's just the beginning for
    even greater improvements.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • barryny
    replied
    Where did you get that machine? What model?

    what you are showing in the pictures - does not look like the Blisstools that we see coming into the USA...the V3 version...

    it looks like you have some sort of machine parts (can't say if it's a Blisstool or not) that shows lots of wear...

    I have read that you own the basic model and have owned it since around August 2010...did you buy it new? if not how old was it when you bought it? i see you use detectors in some very rough situations..

    i will make sure that Ahmed takes care of your product if it's under the 3 year worldwide warranty - no matter who was the first person to buy it...

    thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    coil issue

    No more replies?
    OK fine, but I have a new one:

    If you ever wanted to look inside the Blisstools coil - here you go!

    All of a sudden it got a crack - perhaps I hit a rock or something.

    Anyway - it's not fully broken, just cracked on one side with a
    little hole in the bottom that doesn't reach the coil-wires.

    The windings are located ca. 1cm above the bottom -
    a waste of sensitivity. There is some layer of blue foam gum
    to save the more expensive epoxy inbetween.

    I don't give you this information for stupid statements like:
    "Hahaha, I always knew the Blisstool is crap" etc. but to
    show an authentic and realistic picture with all facettes.

    And coils of good detectors also can get damages.

    The coils-housing plastic always is a compromise:
    If it's too brittle, it will break more easily, if it's to soft,
    the coil starts to give failure signals while even softly touching
    something (as it is at the moment the case with the Blisstool).

    The best solution is using hitec syntetic material and no cheap
    china poison plastic mixture but of course this will cost extra.
    Plastic is not plastic - there exists many differences.

    At least Blisstool should provide a fitting coil cover and construct
    this coil in a way so there is not amost 10mm of distance lost.

    I thought already to upside down this coil but it's not worth
    the effort to change the pole connector, the coil-cable etc.


    For me this crack-breaking is no problem - even hunted yesterday
    the half day in that condition. Melting with soldering iron the
    plastic together and fill the hole also with plastic and perhaps using
    some windings of duct-tape or whatever and the coil will be fixed.

    But of course it is work, it is annoying and for persons without
    technical skills it may lead to alot frustration or even to the loss of
    a functioning detector.


    So as a precaution tip better at least wrap some rounds of strong
    tear-resisting tape over that coil.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Not much happened since one week.

    Well, at least some technical related posts - that's remarkable.

    correction last post: not: As pronounced; - as announced

    No huge "Yeah!" for my new test video... - seems this is a totally waste of time and work for here. Next time I will save my time and stop shooting videos for persons who aren't interested in them.

    And perhaps I will quit my Funfinder account here anyway...


    Blisstool:

    In the last week the plastic-connector finally broke off, and any other Blisstool may get the same problem sometimes.

    Now I "soldered" it completly together - no problem just to stick the alu-pole directly into that connection-hole. If it doesn't fit tight enough solder some gum or rubber into the hole or use glue or doubleside-sticking tape. This upper plastic-screw is completly overfluous anyway.

    Second problem:
    The coil cable always touches the hand while holding which is no good. Though it's possible to fix it near the connector with some rubber band (at position below where the arm is).

    Third problem:
    Sometimes the sensitivity seems to raise and fall by itself!

    Adjusting the silencer to ten and set the threshold to 6 and the background noise in the first 3 minutes is moderate, but raises all of a sudden to "extreme noise". Now set the threshold to 2 until this chatter is gone again, but of course losing sensitivity. And this noise raising contains a huge volume level.


    Because of all this additional problems now I give the Blisstool 70 (instead 75) points out of hundred. But it is still a very sensitive and good detector which I can recommend, especially to treasure hunters that wanna search all the time in all-metal-mode!

    But it is no good for beginners and it can became a problem to persons without artisan talent if there occures some repair-works.


    But so far I know now I would give the Deus XP also just 70 points!

    I am shure they are not telling us the whole truth with the coil accu.

    They call it up to 12 hours or something - yeah, perhaps, but under badest conditions. If you wanna work at full power it may hold just 8 hours in the first year (new) and in year 3 it just works for 5 hours.

    And they are not providing a reserve accu for the coil, so you have to quit after that very short time or use a portable car-battery-charger all the time.

    And the standard coil - maybe fine for very small coins in trashy area but for shure not for huge sites where you first have to find clues etc. or for deep stuff.

    This small gold-chain comparision test someone should make who have both detectors and in both times this chain must have the same depth and shape (not in the shape of a ball or little ring but "wide").
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Daniel Tn
    replied
    I'm the one that wasn't that educated on programming the Deus. My buddy has had it since it came out in the US, and before that, he ran the GMP detector from XP. Our soil here in certain places, is not mild by any means. What works well in mild to benign soil, usually doesn't work well here. We did try the different frequencies though to see if it made much of a difference, and didn't really see one.

    The video wasn't done to put the Bliss against the Deus. This was actually to see how the Deus and Minelab CTX 3030 handled the hot soil. We were supposed to have another guy show up with a machine we all knew very well...to be used as a flagging detector....one that would go ahead and mark signals that we felt confident were bullets...and then to break out the new machines to see if we could set them up to achieve a signal on the targets before we dug them. It rained all the night before, and was raining when I left that morning as well. We waited out the rain showers and went hunting. Our flagger guy didn't want to come due to the rain and thus I brought the Blisstool along.

    We couldn't get the CTX to acknowledge a single bullet in our testing...despite both of us having extensive experience on the Explorer-eTrac platform. We got it to read all iron on one of the shallower bullets but most of the time nothing...running open screens in disc pattern and such.

    The Deus was then the one of interest...I was truly impressed with it, although being a specific use machine for me....i.e. the extremely loaded with iron sites, where depth is not a major concern. Just it having the bonus ability to work decent in hot soil was a major plus for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ism
    replied
    Daniel, I just got a Deus a week ago. I'm not concerned about which is best between Bliss and Deus. I only got into this discussion based on what I considered an improper comment of detector theory. But I have some concerns about your friends settings on the Deus.

    First I have found in my "mild" soil that G-Maxx and Relic modes are deeper than GM Power.

    I would have liked to see how it performed with Tx power at 3 and running at 8khz.
    I don't know if it would improve the results but I'm not sure the Deus was given an opportunity to perform at its best. Also the sensitivity could have been set higher but it can get chatty at those levels.

    All this said, maybe someone can explain how this thread for the Blisstool V3 become a comparison to the Deus?

    I think they are like comparing apples and oranges.

    Thank you for that great video.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by Funfinder View Post

    PS
    Perhaps now I will wait for 1 week until my next answer here
    and then I'll check out what was written in this time. If I should
    still see almost only postings without any technical information
    and instead just continuing bla bla bla and opinions and all this
    other offtopic stuff, I may find the needed final solution to that.
    Don't waste, dear Funfinder, your precious time here with all those, as you say, "bla bla bla". Better go for further development one of your great invention ideas, par example this one:



    or your great "Turning in circles" invention:

    http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=139352&postcount=366"

    Btw, how did you measure mineralisation of your "seldom heavy ground conditions". By "fun-finger" or did you use some sort of instrument?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Tn View Post
    I've not tried ALL machines but out of the VLFs I've tried, it certainly handles the soil better than any I've tried in disc mode. Some were good in motion all metal but the Bliss was set in disc mode at almost minimum gain to allow for proper ground balance.
    I'm beginning to wonder if the Blisstool's ability to go deep in mineralized soil has something to do with the DISC bias setting. There have been a lot of comments concerning the "chattery" nature of this detector, which seems to imply that the DISC channel does not cancel unwanted targets as strongly as other detectors. In effect, it would weaken the DISC mode, allowing it to work where most detectors would need to be in all-metal. This could be why all the demos we see are in pasture land, or users who are satisfied with the detector seem to be relic hunters.

    Leave a comment:


  • UFO
    replied
    Get over yourself already.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Mineralized ground test & videos

    As pronounced here now the mineralized ground test(s):


    38MB, containing 4 short movies and 7 pix


    Settings:
    - Ground balance manual - rudely @ 7 (from 10)
    - No discrimination
    - disc level 3

    - silencer @ 9
    - threshold @ 1 and @ 5

    The tuna-can with 8cm (3'' plus) diameter bottom up was at 25cm
    (10'') and the canadian silver dollar, 1 oz. and 4cm (1.5'' plus)
    diameter was at 15cm (6'').



    You can draw your own conclusions but my personal fazit is:

    Hunting at very high mineralized ground is a problem for the
    Blisstool unless it is not a relative big object.

    Sweeping the coil too close to the ground may lead to false
    signals if not done with extreme care and very slow.

    Sweeping the coil 10cm above the ground works - in that
    case you will get no false beeps or double beeps, but of
    course reduces alot depth.

    In the videos the coil was moved sometimes up to 20cm
    above the surface. No problem for the tuna-can. but the
    coin was just detectable from 10cm above ground
    (total distance 25cm).


    Of course under real search conditions you may find
    seldom ground conditions heavy like that - perhaps
    if there is volcanic stuff, black sand or heavy loam.

    And those bricks I have used are not all completly the same.
    But my test area is compact and contains bricks down to 50cm
    all over and not just a few are on the floor.

    Because in the first place I want good test results that's why
    I'm interested in good test conditions, too. Now it's clear that
    the Blisstool can penetrate even very high mineralized ground
    and does not just detect this ground with double-beeps - BUT:

    small stuff is a problem because of the needed higher coil-ground
    distance and so alot overall depth gets lost. Working at higher
    threshold level under such conditions either needs alot training
    or can lead to failure-signals.

    The max. detection distance for the 8cm tuna-can was ca. 50cm
    (25cm bricks, 25cm air). Air only would have been ca. 75cm.

    Btw: the Blisstool with 11'' coil is still deeper than the
    Garrett GTI 1500 with 18'' coil - this has been tested very far
    away from e-smog and at middle mineralized ground.
    But the Blisstool is not that lightweight as my modified
    hang around the neck GTI and doesn't cover so much ground -
    thats why I prefer the GTI in steep areas - but not all the time.

    An experienced Blisstool user will find 50% deeper targets
    compared to a beginner who may even get mad or crazy
    by that erratic background chatter or works therefore at
    minimum threshold level which of course leads to less
    sensitivity. You can compare this in the videoclips too,
    you can see 2 tests @ threshold 1 and 2 tests @ th. 5.


    PS
    Perhaps now I will wait for 1 week until my next answer here
    and then I'll check out what was written in this time. If I should
    still see almost only postings without any technical information
    and instead just continuing bla bla bla and opinions and all this
    other offtopic stuff, I may find the needed final solution to that.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X