Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blisstool ltc64x v2i

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Tn View Post
    I'm running into the same thing....can't find a place to run gain higher than 2.....most of the time its between 1 and 1.5. I also have to manual GB and that is very correct to say it is very finicky to get just right.

    I however, am struggling with iron sounding good IN GROUND then once you dig, they break up when the coil comes closer to them. I can knock them out totally but in doing so, I lose the deeper non ferrous things in the process. Yesterday my buddy got a nice brass hit on his T2 and I ran the Blisstool over it and it was gone...sputtering broken signal just like iron. From his TID numbers we knew it was a good target...I was able to tune it in via Disc Depth but once I started actually hunting with it at the setting, I began digging nails like crazy that sound good initially then once dug out, they are broken up. I left VERY frustrated with a full pouch of iron...and very few goodies. I could get them AND knock out the iron but only the bullets/buttons shallower than 5 inches.
    Honest and fair report Daniel!
    Exactly same as if you described Wave! I made Wave 3 years ago and went with it on several terrains. Had exactly the same issues. Can go deep, can be sweet (mostly on clean soils) but also can be a pain in the... lower back! Overall; statistic of detected and discovered targets is not good (90% iron - 10% nonferrous), at least here on majority of local soils. Last year i made a bit modified Wave: same statistic.
    So, it can be quite alright on clean soils, no doubts. But even than it can struggle with distinguishing the type of just bit deeper items in soil.
    I had a lot of problems with it on one site where small and tiny silver medieval coins were expected. That soil was also heavily infested with iron particles and chunks. That day i founded no coins at all there.
    Same day i finally lost my nerves with it and it was the last time i went with Wave outdoor.
    Few weeks ago i visited same site with Deus and collected 8 perfectly fine silver coins, 42 bronze coins and had only 2 irons.
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • TwaGleeSd
    replied
    Hi
    sry because i intervened,but ivconic have you read my request (i post in TGSL-VLF)? plz some help
    sry again

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention... weight is 4 lbs 2-3 oz, which is not as bad as I thought. It's about the same as my Spectra V3, but a little heavier in the loop.

    Also, I stopped by work today and tried the Deus on the 8" quarter in the mineral pit. It didn't make a peep. In fairness to the Deus, I don't know how to run it yet, but I did have sensitivity maxxed out.

    - Carl

    Not you Carl!
    Ooooh cheeseee!
    I give up!
    Quarter is some 24-25mm, so it is not small coin at all.
    Deus will EAT it at such easy depth of 8" (~20cm) no matter if soil is heavily infested and poluted.
    And you know it already much better than that!!!
    ...
    I should spit on Spectra now... but i can't, still like it a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daniel Tn
    replied
    I'm running into the same thing....can't find a place to run gain higher than 2.....most of the time its between 1 and 1.5. I also have to manual GB and that is very correct to say it is very finicky to get just right.

    I however, am struggling with iron sounding good IN GROUND then once you dig, they break up when the coil comes closer to them. I can knock them out totally but in doing so, I lose the deeper non ferrous things in the process. Yesterday my buddy got a nice brass hit on his T2 and I ran the Blisstool over it and it was gone...sputtering broken signal just like iron. From his TID numbers we knew it was a good target...I was able to tune it in via Disc Depth but once I started actually hunting with it at the setting, I began digging nails like crazy that sound good initially then once dug out, they are broken up. I left VERY frustrated with a full pouch of iron...and very few goodies. I could get them AND knock out the iron but only the bullets/buttons shallower than 5 inches.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    One thing I forgot to mention... weight is 4 lbs 2-3 oz, which is not as bad as I thought. It's about the same as my Spectra V3, but a little heavier in the loop.

    Also, I stopped by work today and tried the Deus on the 8" quarter in the mineral pit. It didn't make a peep. In fairness to the Deus, I don't know how to run it yet, but I did have sensitivity maxxed out.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Hi ivconic,

    now we are on a much better level. Answer accepted.

    > Don't take it so personally nor seriously!
    > It's all fun, humor, mockery and maybe sometimes we do cross the borders.

    Fine, if you say so, then are your statements some kind of
    ironical and joking exaggeration - but seems your posts only.


    > i was provoked with that stupid youtube video advertisment "beach&chain"

    Come on, perhaps this video was the same joke like you do here.
    Don't take such a video personally. The XP Deus is known well
    enough over the world for it's great performance.


    > Funfinder; sometimes you are so "pushy" and persistent

    Of course, I'm taking serious things serious and funny things funny.
    Not messing things up and creating total shambles.
    And therefore I'm the victim for pranks of "evil kids" that just wanna
    play, provocate and make jokes about such guys ?!?
    Reminds me of Henderson in the DVD "Beavis and Butt-Head
    do America" I saw today.


    > Value for Bliss, from 0 to 100: 55-60

    Great, because the Bliss also "does America" meanwhile.

    55-60 also is a bit over-average.

    Thx for your assiduity task with the values for all those other MDs.
    The Deus is your absolute favorite I guess. At least it is more
    lightweight and costs much less as the Minelab GPX 5000.


    > Ahahahahahahaha! Don't worry!
    > He is already well used on much worse things than that.
    > Besides; he is owner and administrator: always can give us foot in our
    > lower back, out from this place!
    > So...don't worry!

    I'm not worried, I'd love to see how he kicks some butt!

    Of course not yours, because your formerly posting has
    proven that you really could be good if you just want it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Funfinder View Post
    ivconic wrote:

    Funfinder, i am not taking back my own words:
    It is a CRAP! Complete CRAP!
    Overpriced CRAP!
    Uselless CRAP!
    DIY GARAGE CRAP!
    Ok?
    Are you satisfied now?


    __________________

    No, because this is childish. Comparable with:
    "I don't like my spinach. Period."

    At least fill out the following:


    __________________
    Blisstool
    -----------
    Pro


    Contra

    = Result out of 100 ?
    _____________________


    ____________________
    Producer / Company of Blisstool
    --------------------------
    Pro

    Contra

    = Result out of 100 ?
    _____________________________


    (but here are starting the hidden facts,
    and perhaps you want or must keep them secret
    and therefore you have to projecting them to the first.)
    _________________________________

    Are you aware of that you are offending Carl indirectly
    with your unobjective "Blisstool is crap" statements?
    "How can a person be so stupid to buy such a CRAP at all?"

    But you can't. He wouldn't buy it without good reason.

    And he's the one that is capable to adjust all the poti's
    and switches the right way after some training - he is
    not like the people who could be the victim of your
    opinion because all they know is to switch the MD on!

    At least if you are fair you have to fill out the pro vs contra
    for the Blisstool and give this detector a value somewhere
    inbetween 0 to 100.

    If you really have very good experience you also can
    tell us what features a 100% MD must have.

    Usually I would say to such opinions:
    If someone doesn't has a certain detector he is not qualified!

    But because it's you and so far we're all not here to fight
    each others you can defend your viewpoints or convictions
    but I wanna hear provable arguments and very good alternatives
    to the Blisstool!

    And if we are lucky Carl will test them too, sometimes!

    However, it doesn't looks like that he is very sad about the
    Blisstool LTC64 v3 so far and if there's a way for him to work
    at higher gain he may have the same experience as Daniel Tn.

    I hope now we get some realistic estimation from you including
    good reasons why concering the Blisstool because Carl for shure
    will not give him just crap 0 points, that should be clear already!

    But of course you can repeat the above quoted "sh*t"-statement...
    Just do it if you dare! And you don't must write pro and contra.

    But if you do so I will ignore you completly like WM6 because
    this is not the kind of a person I can take seriously any longer!

    And alot other persons here may think exactly the same...

    Now it's your turn.
    Of course it is childish!
    Whole our debate and argue is childish!
    Don't take it so personally nor seriously!
    It's all fun, humor, mockery and maybe sometimes we do cross the borders.
    Now; if you want my realy serious opinion, here it is:
    * Bliss is homebrew (diy) project and it is made pretty descent, considering it's outlook.
    * It is basically Wave or if you like: Magnum.
    * Seems designer is fully aware of all known Wave drawbacks and that's why he included many trimmers and extra components; to smooth up some signals and to optimize circuitry as best as it will allow.
    * Bliss, as it is now, is not real CRAP, and i am sorry because my wrong use of term "crap" is understood on the way i didn't wanted nor ment at the first place. When i said "crap" i ment it is just another homebrew in a very long line of similar: TGSL, Wave, IGSL, Volksturm, Anker, SMW, Caesar, Pirate, Golden Mask....etc...etc...etc.
    * It will do the job descently on some soils, it will not satisfy on some other soils. Not a big deal. Same story as with all other detectors.
    * My main reason to be here in this topic and to debate is not because i have something agains Bliss nor his designer! Not at all! Only reason why i joined here is because i was provoked with that stupid youtube video advertisment "beach&chain" where those people are trying to twist the truth and to pervert some important facts! That's all!
    ...
    Funfnder; sometimes you are so "pushy" and persistent and that's why i started to argue with you: just for fun, no other reason.


    Ok, that was all. Hopefully you will now understand?
    ...

    "...If you really have very good experience you also can
    tell us what features a 100% MD must have....
    "

    Tough to form proper list of desires, but let me say that Deus is closest so far to fulfill all my desires related to metal detector performances.

    "...At least if you are fair you have to fill out the pro vs contra
    for the Blisstool and give this detector a value somewhere
    inbetween 0 to 100..."

    I am not fair person at all. But this time only i will try to give you answer on that.
    Value for Bliss, from 0 to 100: 55-60
    Value for Spectra from 0 to 100: 80
    Value for Explorer SE from 0 to 100: 90
    Value for Deus from 0 to 100: 95
    Value for IGSL from 0 to 100: 50-70 (depends, i can not be that objective)
    Value for SMW from 0 to 100: 55
    Value for TGSL from 0 to 100: 70
    etc...etc..etc
    Insisting on such "table" is pointless, because we all are quite different people with much different habits and desires, working conditions, sites, soils, targets.... Pointless!

    "...Are you aware of that you are offending Carl indirectly
    with your unobjective "Blisstool is crap" statements?...
    "

    Ahahahahahahaha! Don't worry!
    He is already well used on much worse things than that.
    Besides; he is owner and administrator: always can give us foot in our lower back, out from this place!
    So...don't worry!





    Leave a comment:


  • Carter NY
    replied
    Hello Carl - I received my Blisstool LTX64 V3 mid March. I took it down to VA and did the videos with John Kendrick and the others you see on youtube. Two and a half months later, I feel very comfortable with this machine.

    The Blisstool, at gain=1, gives a very clear response, no question. Oddly, I could only run the gain at 1, no higher. At G=2, the response decreased slightly, and the noise increases. At G=3, the target response was gone. I'm wondering if the preamp is overloading.

    I have used an E-Trac for years and I'm very happy with its performance. Like most detectors though, if you turn down the sensitivity to half power, your ability to go deep is drastically reduced. This is not the case with the Bliss. I found that the Bliss is so powerful that you can run your gain at 10% (1 out of 10) and still get impressive depth. When in VA, in the harsh red dirt, I could not run it more than 1.5 - 2. The Whites TDI located a deep signal that ended up being a round ball about 12" deep. Looking at his signal, when I turned the gain up to 5, it broke up like iron. As I lowered the gain, the signal started coming back and sounded best at 1.5 gain. I find this only with "polluted" dirt. Here in the North East, the mineralization is mild and I run the gain at 5-7.


    Also, the unit is susceptible to RF interference and I had to adjust the Freq control to find a stable point. Fortunately, it has fine control and very easy to do by ear.

    We spend a lot of time detecting farm fields in April and these fields went right up to the edge of the road where there were power lines. Sometimes the frequency adjust would help but the chatter was still there. What I found is after finding the best frequency, adjust your Silencer up until the chatter fades. I was still finding targets within the 10" plow line while working near the road. The chatter was totally gone.

    Ground balance was extremely touchy, even with the Fine control. It's a knife-edge setting, and I fear that moving across even slightly variable ground might be a problem. However, I didn't get to test for this. But it did balance out the mineral pit. I briefly switched to Auto GB but it didn't seem to dial in so I quickly gave up on it.

    In VA, the ground Rudely was set to 8+. In the harsh dirt, we could not GB using Auto. Once set in manual GB, we did not need to re adjust.

    Finally, I briefly played with the Disc controls but, having not read the manual, I wasn't sure how it works. It seemed to reasonably break up nail signals while still getting the quarter. Have no idea what the toggle switches do so I didn't mess with them.

    The Bliss will not knock out more than shards of foil but it will do a good job on small iron. The Discr Level can also be used to eliminate the effects of salt water while hunting in wet sand. Regarding the Discr Toggle, I have tested this extensively on good deep targets and it appears position "III" is the weakest with position "I" being the strongest discriminating filter. I always run at Disc III and have no problem with the iron. My deep signals sound better on Discr III.

    Overall, the unit seems to have a lot of potential, I just need to work with it more, and I really need to read the manual. If I get a chance, I'll take it out on a hunt this weekend.

    The manual is in "Bulgarian English" and may seem a little confusing .

    If you are running lower gain, you can lower your Discr Depth as well. If you are in bad dirt running low gain with high Discr Depth, you will break up on good targets. Good luck this weekend.

    Carter

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    ivconic wrote:

    Funfinder, i am not taking back my own words:
    It is a CRAP! Complete CRAP!
    Overpriced CRAP!
    Uselless CRAP!
    DIY GARAGE CRAP!
    Ok?
    Are you satisfied now?


    __________________

    No, because this is childish. Comparable with:
    "I don't like my spinach. Period."

    At least fill out the following:


    __________________
    Blisstool
    -----------
    Pro


    Contra

    = Result out of 100 ?
    _____________________


    ____________________
    Producer / Company of Blisstool
    --------------------------
    Pro

    Contra

    = Result out of 100 ?
    _____________________________


    (but here are starting the hidden facts,
    and perhaps you want or must keep them secret
    and therefore you have to projecting them to the first.)
    _________________________________

    Are you aware of that you are offending Carl indirectly
    with your unobjective "Blisstool is crap" statements?
    "How can a person be so stupid to buy such a CRAP at all?"

    But you can't. He wouldn't buy it without good reason.

    And he's the one that is capable to adjust all the poti's
    and switches the right way after some training - he is
    not like the people who could be the victim of your
    opinion because all they know is to switch the MD on!

    At least if you are fair you have to fill out the pro vs contra
    for the Blisstool and give this detector a value somewhere
    inbetween 0 to 100.

    If you really have very good experience you also can
    tell us what features a 100% MD must have.

    Usually I would say to such opinions:
    If someone doesn't has a certain detector he is not qualified!

    But because it's you and so far we're all not here to fight
    each others you can defend your viewpoints or convictions
    but I wanna hear provable arguments and very good alternatives
    to the Blisstool!

    And if we are lucky Carl will test them too, sometimes!

    However, it doesn't looks like that he is very sad about the
    Blisstool LTC64 v3 so far and if there's a way for him to work
    at higher gain he may have the same experience as Daniel Tn.

    I hope now we get some realistic estimation from you including
    good reasons why concering the Blisstool because Carl for shure
    will not give him just crap 0 points, that should be clear already!

    But of course you can repeat the above quoted "sh*t"-statement...
    Just do it if you dare! And you don't must write pro and contra.

    But if you do so I will ignore you completly like WM6 because
    this is not the kind of a person I can take seriously any longer!

    And alot other persons here may think exactly the same...

    Now it's your turn.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    Did you noticed, that Carl say "I would not have". After my understand there was not real in field comparison with V3, only predictive conclusion.

    And for sure Spectra is maybe the most advanced Whites VLF but not the deepest at the same time. Relative cheap M6 Matrix with 12" Excellerator coil can go deeper than V3 with the same coil.

    But I am more interesting in comparison between Blisstool LTC64 and XP Deus.
    No, no, you misunderstood my point!
    It is not about depth! Who cares here about exact depth? Not me.
    It is other issue; as Carl stated and as i experienced too: Spectra often produce occasional "beep" over not so deep target, not at every sweep but often at every second or third sweep?
    Usually this happening when target is smaller item and more often when soil is mineralized. This is an issue, because i experienced that many times even with very shallow targets!?
    So Carl's statement reminds me on that problem i faced already.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "...With the White's V3 in regular disc audio I would not have noticed it. In mixed-mode audio, it breaks through the AM signal slightly which I might have caught, and then short sweeps produced an occasional tone...."

    Maybe a bit off topic; but this is most interesting part for me! I am waiting long time to read something like this. Exactly the same as my short experiences with Spectra. And i wonder why is like that? As old White's user and fan i was kind a disappointed with it. But i thought it is because of my misunderstanding of how to adjust Spectra... up to now.
    Would be nice to start new topic only on Spectra subject and there to explain those little details. As White's EE, i guess, Carl you could give here most proper answers and explanations.
    Did you noticed, that Carl say "I would not have". After my understand there was not real in field comparison with V3, only predictive conclusion.

    And for sure Spectra is maybe the most advanced Whites VLF but not the deepest at the same time. Relative cheap M6 Matrix with 12" Excellerator coil can go deeper than V3 with the same coil.

    But I am more interesting in comparison between Blisstool LTC64 and XP Deus.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post

    Overall, the unit seems to have a lot of potential, I just need to work with it more, and I really need to read the manual.

    - Carl
    Good news Carl. And promising. Thanks.

    Expecting new Whites LTC72 trademark. And, of course, some cheap Chinese copies.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...With the White's V3 in regular disc audio I would not have noticed it. In mixed-mode audio, it breaks through the AM signal slightly which I might have caught, and then short sweeps produced an occasional tone...."

    Maybe a bit off topic; but this is most interesting part for me! I am waiting long time to read something like this. Exactly the same as my short experiences with Spectra. And i wonder why is like that? As old White's user and fan i was kind a disappointed with it. But i thought it is because of my misunderstanding of how to adjust Spectra... up to now.
    Would be nice to start new topic only on Spectra subject and there to explain those little details. As White's EE, i guess, Carl you could give here most proper answers and explanations.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    I finally got the Blisstool out to the mineral pit today. This pit is full of material which is equal to pretty nasty ground, some detectors can't detect a nickel lying on top. I only got about 10 minutes with it so I didn't get very far.

    I buried a US quarter at 8 inches deep. With the White's V3 in regular disc audio I would not have noticed it. In mixed-mode audio, it breaks through the AM signal slightly which I might have caught, and then short sweeps produced an occasional tone.

    The Blisstool, at gain=1, gives a very clear response, no question. Oddly, I could only run the gain at 1, no higher. At G=2, the response decreased slightly, and the noise increases. At G=3, the target response was gone. I'm wondering if the preamp is overloading.

    Also, the unit is susceptible to RF interference and I had to adjust the Freq control to find a stable point. Fortunately, it has fine control and very easy to do by ear.

    Ground balance was extremely touchy, even with the Fine control. It's a knife-edge setting, and I fear that moving across even slightly variable ground might be a problem. However, I didn't get to test for this. But it did balance out the mineral pit. I briefly switched to Auto GB but it didn't seem to dial in so I quickly gave up on it.

    Finally, I briefly played with the Disc controls but, having not read the manual, I wasn't sure how it works. It seemed to reasonably break up nail signals while still getting the quarter. Have no idea what the toggle switches do so I didn't mess with them.

    Overall, the unit seems to have a lot of potential, I just need to work with it more, and I really need to read the manual. If I get a chance, I'll take it out on a hunt this weekend.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Daniel looking forward to your test of Minelab CTX 3030
    take a pocket full of bottle caps and ring pulls.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X