Maybe try an adjustable damping resistor? Is your cable shield connected wrong?
Any experience with using the coil on a GPX?
Is scope shot on the bench? That meter looks cool.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion
Collapse
X
-
Pick up a "Detech 8″ Mono closed design gold coil" for my NanoPi. This coil is intended for the Minelab GPX series. On the bench this coil is AMAZING. But in the field it's worthless. It is constantly ringing. Most pronounced at the beginning of every sweep. When I do pass over a metal target, the signal suddenly goes away, until my sweep changes direction and I start sweeping back in the other direction. I have tried adjusting everything and cant find the correct combination to make this work. Any ideas?
Leave a comment:
-
There is no e-book version available.Originally posted by Hamza Aamer1 View PostHow to get the pdf of the book "Arduino nano PI metal detector"?
You can buy the printed version from Amazon -> Arduino Nano Pulse Induction Metal Detector Project - Published March 2021
Leave a comment:
-
How to get the pdf of the book "Arduino nano PI metal detector"?
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Rodion View PostDear Qiaozhi and all, I build the Nano metal detector and it works charming! I started with a breadboard but finally bought the PCB at DiyDetector store which is of excellent quality! I also enjoyed the related Surf Detector video's. Very helpfull in testing and adjusting the metal detector. I would like to express my thanks for your great book. At the moment I am also reading the Voodoo Project book and considering building that one too. DiyDetector has the PCB but not the Nano Voodoo adapter. Also figuring out how to make a reasonable TX- and RX-coil... Keep up your work, it's genious!
Leave a comment:
-
Dear Qiaozhi and all, I build the Nano metal detector and it works charming! I started with a breadboard but finally bought the PCB at DiyDetector store which is of excellent quality! I also enjoyed the related Surf Detector video's. Very helpfull in testing and adjusting the metal detector. I would like to express my thanks for your great book. At the moment I am also reading the Voodoo Project book and considering building that one too. DiyDetector has the PCB but not the Nano Voodoo adapter. Also figuring out how to make a reasonable TX- and RX-coil... Keep up your work, it's genious!
Leave a comment:
-
I will find time soon Lamoiz and let you know. Hope you find a lot of good things with your ANPI and lucky coil, Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
I hope that you will soon build yours, we can make comparisons, in order to make positive evolutions and to improve ourselves. !see you soon my friendOriginally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostNice one Lamoiz! I have not found time yet to build your coil,,,hopefully soon, Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
Nice one Lamoiz! I have not found time yet to build your coil,,,hopefully soon, Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
last week, I went to the seaside to do some detection, I was with a friend who owns an excalibur 1000, for the test, I walked past him with the nano and the 325 coil .. well it's great. .I see everything ... and more than him in depth ... yes I have no disc it is true ... but I go deeper, and on smaller targets ... the class
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by surfdetector View PostIt has been my pleasure to make the step by step videos in order to help others with their projects. I want however to give my thanks and appreciation to Qiaozhi for all of his hard work in creating these projects for us all.
Leave a comment:
-
It has been my pleasure to make the step by step videos in order to help others with their projects. I want however to give my thanks and appreciation to Qiaozhi for all of his hard work in creating these projects for us all.Originally posted by Rzouga View PostHi to all,
Finally had the opportunity to spend some time on the project, followed step by step the guidelines from the book and the videos from Surfdetector, and everything was working as expected since the first time!
Rest to do some adjustments as I used a coil from a previous project and I don't trust the damping resistor to be 100% suitable (but close enough).
I have to say that using an oscilloscope made the construction be much more easier and faster, and that people who don't have one would need to be patient on the task.
I used a BC517 instead of the MPSA13, and three 10Ohm resistors in parallel to substitute R3 (as I couldn't find a 3R3 resistance with the right power dissipation)
Thank you George Overton for this adventure, Surfdetector for your dedication to provide very explanatory videos, and to everyone contributing to this forum
Leave a comment:
-
All the details are here -> Arduino Nano Pulse Induction Metal Detector Project - Published March 2021Originally posted by Didomax17 View PostHi,can some one give me files of arduino nano like pcb and hex file some
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,can some one give me files of arduino nano like pcb and hex file some
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you Rzouga for the positive feedback.Originally posted by Rzouga View PostHi to all,
Finally had the opportunity to spend some time on the project, followed step by step the guidelines from the book and the videos from Surfdetector, and everything was working as expected since the first time!
Rest to do some adjustments as I used a coil from a previous project and I don't trust the damping resistor to be 100% suitable (but close enough).
I have to say that using an oscilloscope made the construction be much more easier and faster, and that people who don't have one would need to be patient on the task.
I used a BC517 instead of the MPSA13, and three 10Ohm resistors in parallel to substitute R3 (as I couldn't find a 3R3 resistance with the right power dissipation)
Thank you George Overton for this adventure, Surfdetector for your dedication to provide very explanatory videos, and to everyone contributing to this forum
I have said in the past that not having an oscilloscope when attempting an electronics project is like working with one hand tied behind your back. Well done on ending up with a working detector.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: