Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rzouga
    replied
    Thank you guys for your answers, PCB arrived from JLCPCB yesterday, I will be very busy the coming couple of weeks and then I'll order the rest of the components and start the fun

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Here is a clip illustrating the differences between the two boards:

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bklein View Post
    I?m a newbie and ordered a Nano Every. Was it the wrong thing - I should have gotten a nano 3.0 instead? Doesn?t like loading the sketch. (But I don?t really know what I?m doing) Will load a blink demo sketch though and blink.
    I haven't tried a Nano Every, but it's supposed to be a pin-equivalent substitute for the Nano, and the code should still work.

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    I?m a newbie and ordered a Nano Every. Was it the wrong thing - I should have gotten a nano 3.0 instead? Doesn?t like loading the sketch. (But I don?t really know what I?m doing) Will load a blink demo sketch though and blink.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    for info, this weekend, i tested the modification seen with carl, that of post 416 - 417. the result is very good. the nano with V SAT. on a very steep and very salty beach, on the dry / wet border, there is almost no buzz. Thank you carl for the help!

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    reference table, look on right side of it
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Rzouga
    replied
    Thank you Marty, unfortunately none of these are available except the bc517 so I will give it a try. For the power up I wanted to see what you guys experimented and if someone tried one of those portable usb powerbanks to power up a PI metal detector.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    I have used:- MPSA14, MPSA12, 2SC982, 2N6426, MPSW45, ECG46, 2SC982, 2N5525, 2N5306, 2N6427, 2SC1472, BC517, 2N7051, 2N7051 in place of the MPSA13 on other detectors with no issues. Also, I power my ANPI's with 3 x 18650 batteries and just replace the batteries when they delete,,,they last me about 8 hours or so. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rzouga
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    • BC516 is a PNP Darlington, The MPSA13 is an NPN
    • The sample Delay and Threshold are normal single turn pots
    • You can certainly power from a 12V pack, the charging circuit is not necessary


    I did a video set on the Arduino Nano build here, you might find it helpful:
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...vygh0x9WRf4jag


    Hi surfdetector,
    Thank you for the quick answer
    My bad, that was my mistake I meant bc517 which is also an NPN darlington, It is a bit difficult to find an equivalent to the MPSA13, if you know any please be my guest.

    I have to say that I knew about the book and about this forum thanks to you and your videos (I think I watched the 4 of them more than 3 times or so )

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Rzouga View Post
    Hi experts,
    I finished reading the book, ordered my PCB, and about to order the missing components. However I have 3 questions:
    1-I cant find the darlington MPSA13, and found out that a BC516 can replace it with no issues. Can somebody please confirm or went through the same issue?
    2-Is it mandatory to have Sample delay and Threshold pots as multiturns or normal pots would work fine?
    3- I am thinking of powering up the detector from a 12v powerbank instead of building the charger (as an easy and more practical way) did anyone try this before?
    • BC516 is a PNP Darlington, The MPSA13 is an NPN
    • The sample Delay and Threshold are normal single turn pots
    • You can certainly power from a 12V pack, the charging circuit is not necessary


    I did a video set on the Arduino Nano build here, you might find it helpful:

    Leave a comment:


  • Rzouga
    replied
    Hi experts,
    I finished reading the book, ordered my PCB, and about to order the missing components. However I have 3 questions:
    1-I cant find the darlington MPSA13, and found out that a BC516 can replace it with no issues. Can somebody please confirm or went through the same issue?
    2-Is it mandatory to have Sample delay and Threshold pots as multiturns or normal pots would work fine?
    3- I am thinking of powering up the detector from a 12v powerbank instead of building the charger (as an easy and more practical way) did anyone try this before?

    Leave a comment:


  • mermelado
    replied
    [QUOTE = Carl-NC; 290544] En aguas tranquilas, no. Pero si hay olas, el volumen de agua sobre la bobina variar? y es posible que escuche esto. [/ QUOTE]

    Thanks Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by mermelado View Post
    Hi Carl: And using it underwater with a waterproof coil, since the salinity is similar everywhere, will that effect occur?
    In calm water, no. But if there are waves then the volume of water above the coil will vary and you might hear this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rzouga
    replied
    Hi George and all members!
    I just received yesterday the two books: Arduino nano PI metal detector project, and The Voodoo project. What an exciting journey is waiting for me after some years away from electronics!!
    Thank you for sharing this knowledge!

    Leave a comment:


  • jhughes1010
    replied
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on the design collateral!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X