Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion
Collapse
X
-
Quite a challenge to make the control box waterproof.Originally posted by Myntmaster View PostHello everyone. I bought a book, bought a couple of printed circuit boards from a silverdog, an arduino nano. They promise to send it within two weeks. The rest of the details are all there. I hope to have time to do it before the opening of the season. I will use it under water.
Comment
-
Originally posted by MartinB View PostUse an IP68 enclosure and IP68 potentiometers and switches
68 no good underwater !
Comment
-
In fact, not everything is so scary. I have installed SQ14 HYFD IP68 aviation connectors on my Infinium LS and Tesoro Tiger Shark for three years no problems. It's bad that they can no longer be bought on aliexpress. But there are many others that will work too. To output potentiometers and toggle switches, the following seals are used https://www.newark.com/apm-hexseal/n...seal/dp/30F013
There are no problems with the hulls either. Therefore, everything can be done.
Comment
-
Wow how deep do you dive with it !Originally posted by Myntmaster View PostIn fact, not everything is so scary. I have installed SQ14 HYFD IP68 aviation connectors on my Infinium LS and Tesoro Tiger Shark for three years no problems. It's bad that they can no longer be bought on aliexpress. But there are many others that will work too. To output potentiometers and toggle switches, the following seals are used https://www.newark.com/apm-hexseal/n...seal/dp/30F013
There are no problems with the hulls either. Therefore, everything can be done.
Comment
-
Hello. I haven't tried SP16 myself.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View PostDid you tried waterproof SP16 IP68 connectors from aliexpress? I use them but did not test underwater yet.
But there is a friend who makes underwater detectors, installs exactly SP16, tested up to 20 meters, there are no problems.
Connector inner o-rings can be set slightly thicker to improve sealing. And to avoid distortion, use an underwater lubricant for the o-rings.
-------
-------
Comment
-
Personally tested, no more than 5 meters.Originally posted by David_1 View PostWow how deep do you dive with it !
I immersed the detector in the pool for 3 days. Basically, the detector is used underwater when searching up to the throat.
And the block is under the elbow. It's about 70 cm underwater. Sometimes, of course, it can fall to the bottom, but my height is 1.76 m.
There are no problems.
Comment
Comment