Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello

    found a new source for lt1115
    one of my ebay favourites has own homepage now


    got two lt1115 today they work good in combination with lf412
    tl082 was i little bit unstable and noisy

    since i have build first time baracuda i love it and with every mod love gets bigger

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    NE5534 180 deg turn ? think you need a new one... ?

    Take all IC out ... check again power consumption, if ok ( less then 30 mA ...guess ) place 40106 and 7660 inplace and check then powerconsumption and for 5 +/- volts at ic pins

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    check pins:

    mpf102 : D,S,G
    2n3819 : D,G,S
    2n5485 : D,S,G
    bf244 : D,G,S

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickolaj
    replied
    I tried without 40106..exactly the same result. How to check the pulse that drives the tip127?
    I used some substitute parts. That jfet beside the switch is 2n3189 too. Can these parts make so big errors?



    Thanks for helping in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by Nickolaj View Post
    I have ICL7660SCPAZ, datasheet says 12V. I'm using 11.1V lipo battery.
    Coil resitance i measured 3.1 ohms. Without coil circuit draws 340mA, with coil !~3.5A!

    I''m a bit confused

    Thanks!

    Remove 40106 and then look at your power consumption if then ok -> replace 40106


    You have some photo's ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Nickolaj View Post
    I have ICL7660SCPAZ, datasheet says 12V. I'm using 11.1V lipo battery.
    Coil resitance i measured 3.1 ohms. Without coil circuit draws 340mA, with coil !~3.5A!

    I''m a bit confused

    Thanks!
    Check the pulse that drives the MOSFET. It's either being turned on for too long, or it's permanently on. I suspect it's the latter, since 11.1V / 3.1 ohms is very close to 3.5A!

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    Hy nikolay i think your resistance for the coil is too high.
    under 2 ohms is ok for the baracuda (i have three coils with resistance from 1,4 to 1,8 ohms)
    greetings from the harz montains

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickolaj
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    To high power supply ? not more than 12 volt ! look at the data sheet from your ICL7660 sometimes even not more than 10,5 volt ..

    Your coil has to low ' resistance ' ( more winding needed ) ... so to much power consumption... look at it ...not more than 100mA from the power supply
    I have ICL7660SCPAZ, datasheet says 12V. I'm using 11.1V lipo battery.
    Coil resitance i measured 3.1 ohms. Without coil circuit draws 340mA, with coil !~3.5A!

    I''m a bit confused

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello

    thx, but look at the parameters
    you calculate with milli Henry (result high number of turns and layers)
    we need here MICRO Henry (sorry)
    Hello bernd

    Thanks for your answer, I confess that I am a bit lost, because I made two different coils, one with these characteristics:
    N (Turns) = 36
    D0 (internal diameter) = 183,0 mm
    (Tickness) = has 4,0 mm
    d (wire diameter) = 0,7 mm
    L (inductance) = 0,491 mH
    O (wire length) = 21,20 m
    W (wire weight) = 72,8 g
    R (total resistance) = 0,9 Ohms

    and a second (that I use as pinpointer) with these characteristics:
    N (Turns) = 279
    D0 (internal diameter) = 10,0 mm
    (Tickness) = has 20,0 mm
    d (wire diameter) = 0,7 mm
    L (inductance) = 0,487 mH
    O (wire length) = 14,76 m
    W (wire weight) = 50,7 g
    R (total resistance) = 0,7 Ohms

    to measure I have one device inductance, with two possible ladders mH and H, then I think that my information must be good, but I can make a mistake.

    Good day

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by Nickolaj View Post
    Hi, some time ago found this nice PI building thread..so far so good.
    Now i have some problems..my tip127 and 7660 getting very hot in ~5 seconds
    Can't find reason. Any ideas where to start?

    To high power supply ? not more than 12 volt ! look at the data sheet from your ICL7660 sometimes even not more than 10,5 volt ..

    Your coil has to low ' resistance ' ( more winding needed ) ... so to much power consumption... look at it ...not more than 100mA from the power supply

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by Legaucho View Post
    Hello,
    You can try those parameters, good luck

    All the best
    hello

    thx, but look at the parameters
    you calculate with milli Henry (result high number of turns and layers)
    we need here MICRO Henry (sorry)

    i have made a multi layer coil with litz wire some weeks ago (posted already here)
    result was very good

    but some here make good copper wire coil (simple monoloop)
    so i thought ok back to simple copper wire but is was not good (i think of thin isolation)

    regards bernd p.s good caculator

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickolaj
    replied
    Hi, some time ago found this nice PI building thread..so far so good.
    Now i have some problems..my tip127 and 7660 getting very hot in ~5 seconds
    Can't find reason. Any ideas where to start?

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hello,
    You can try those parameters, good luck

    All the best
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello

    i made the coil with 0,8 wire
    result no so good
    coil has 420 micro Henry, 1,8Ohm, 27cm diameter and 23 turns

    regards and good night

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello

    i have 0,8mm enameled copper wire here
    should i use this for coil?
    never used such fat wire before
    original says swg 26 or 0,45mm and 7,5 inch form
    but i have large coil so i have to reduce the resistance by a larger wire core, right?

    regards bernd

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X