Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hello Vermeer111
    My intention was to use the basis of the Baracuda for make a pinpointer, allowing me to locate more easily a target after locates with my main detector (Fisher F75).
    I have therefore achieved this pinpointer with a coil on a kernel plastic hollow to be able to pass a screw plastic through ( one sees his head on the photo)
    Caracteristic of coil: 0,6 Ohms inductance 0,485 mH.

    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    Hello Legaucho please can you descript your coil for the pinpointer Bara i think with a switchbox between the coils (normal Coil and small for pinpointing) you can use the pinpointer coil on a normal bara like sunprobe pinpointer thank you.greetings from the harz montains

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Baracuda using like pinpointer

    Hello all,

    My Baracuda in pinpointer versus, I will try to make a video.



    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    A very good shop

    Thank´s for this link.
    Greetings from Saxony

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    Hey when you have a clear signal on 38 cm for a 2 euro coin your bara is better as my bara (small joke )

    its for the LT1115 with shipping i pay ca 10 euros, from conrad ca 15 euro
    greetings from the harz montains
    Last edited by Vermeer111; 02-11-2012, 09:39 PM. Reason: forget text

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello vermeer

    ok i understand now, and all time i tried to get 38cm with clear signal for a 2€ coin
    i i thougt - how did he manage it

    where did you buy lt1115 here in germany conrad elektronik has it but expensive i think other source is via ebay from china but it last 3 weeks or longer and also expensive

    regards from border of "hauptstadt"

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    not 2 euro(with 2 euros its a bit lesser range i think is another material),1 euro at 38 cm with light treshold(Light sound in the backround)but i can here the coin.my coil is exactly 280 mm round mono coil(i have experimented with the oval shape but i come back to the round coil).i changed the 5534 and the 412 to lt1115 and tl082 but with the tl082 it is a little unstable now i have the tl 072 is better for me i set the delay with the sw 1 and make fine set with the 10k fine delay.when i am finish (stem,Boxing and coil housing)then i make a video.greetings from the harz montains

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello vermeer

    is it possible to make a video of your working unit?
    i got a low signal for my 2€ coin at 38 cm too but with some background threshold sound. with very little threshold sound i got 30-32cm
    my coil form is 28*32 ( D-form)
    i had the effect too that oval or d shaped coils are better than O form.
    and a tightly wound copper cable ist not so good like a loose wind bell wire cable.
    the best result i got with my worst coil

    regards bernd

    Leave a comment:


  • david135
    replied
    hello all, I would like to make you all a question, and I'll put the circuit in the box, giving the latest reforms to polyester resin boards for water,
    Do I want to put a headset, so I replace the speaker?
    the external potentiometer 10k I've put you all right?
    I've tried to put the r1 and lt1115 680oh but I have not found the tiedas of here, in pin thin.
    detects gold rings but little weight and volume ccon not like I can improve sensitivity.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ok Silverdog and many thanks for the info.
    Soon i will buy more kits from you, cause a few friends liked barracuda and surfmaster too.
    Best regards
    Nelson



    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    The kit will work fine with these components installed but they are not used so will be left out of future kits

    For delay adjustment if you have an oscilloscope look at page 5 of this thread


    There are great pictures from ApBerg showing how to adjust delay, if you do not have a scope, as far as I know, once you can detect some gold you are close

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    these componets are very usefull to set the delay properly,in post 75 is the description for set the delay with the switch sw 1 (without coil is better) when you set this with this disciption then connect the coil ,and when you have installed fine delay (10 kohm) then you can set with the fine delay for best range,with this "technic" i have a range for a 1 euro Coin with 11 inch coil 38 cm in air and on bench.greetings from the harz montains

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi silverdog.
    In my case i haven´t remove these components and the kit is working 100%

    About pots adjustments, can you please tell me were i have to measure when adjust delay pot and what is the best value for this?

    In advance many thanks

    Nelson
    The kit will work fine with these components installed but they are not used so will be left out of future kits

    For delay adjustment if you have an oscilloscope look at page 5 of this thread


    There are great pictures from ApBerg showing how to adjust delay, if you do not have a scope, as far as I know, once you can detect some gold you are close

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi silverdog.
    In my case i haven´t remove these components and the kit is working 100%

    About pots adjustments, can you please tell me were i have to measure when adjust delay pot and what is the best value for this?

    In advance many thanks

    Nelson



    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Hi Joe

    I guess you haven't been getting my emails ?
    The parts are Q5, R37(10k) and R25(270k)

    Adjust the top trimmer to give 0v on ne5534 pin 6
    The delay is best adjusted with a scope, but if you can adjust to detect a gold ring your pretty close to perfect

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph Norrell View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to Geotech and see some of you have some experience with the Baracuda PI. I'm building the kit from SIlverdog and found out that some components were removed such as: 1-MPF 102, 1-10k, 1-270k that were redundant?. Can anyone confirm the locations were Q5 (MPF 102), R37 (10K), R26 or R27 (270K)? ALso, what is the procedure for setting the trimmers? Every schematic and parts list seem to be different and I could use some help! I bought a waterproof Whites case and wound a nice coil and can't wait to finish it. Joe
    Hi Joe

    I guess you haven't been getting my emails ?
    The parts are Q5, R37(10k) and R25(270k)

    Adjust the top trimmer to give 0v on ne5534 pin 6
    The delay is best adjusted with a scope, but if you can adjust to detect a gold ring your pretty close to perfect
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Joseph Norrell
    replied
    Help with Baracuda kit

    Hi,
    I'm new to Geotech and see some of you have some experience with the Baracuda PI. I'm building the kit from SIlverdog and found out that some components were removed such as: 1-MPF 102, 1-10k, 1-270k that were redundant?. Can anyone confirm the locations were Q5 (MPF 102), R37 (10K), R26 or R27 (270K)? ALso, what is the procedure for setting the trimmers? Every schematic and parts list seem to be different and I could use some help! I bought a waterproof Whites case and wound a nice coil and can't wait to finish it. Joe

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X