Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eclipse
    replied
    The code is done with MikroE and not with the XC32/MplabX so porting will be a little more involving ? Maybe a stripping down LCD support and stuff would help I've ordered the book today I can't wait to see more about the project and see what's all about. I'm wondering about coils, the firmware and circuit it's all very exciting thanks for this opportunity George.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Thanks at $10.00 a chip I just require the correct one ,
    Thanks
    Yes, the older PICs are a good bit more expensive than many of the newer ones.
    I have been using the newest 'Q' PICs which are faster, lots more memory and periphials and only cost $1.24.

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    That board contains an 18F45K22. You could either replace the PIC with an 18F4520, or recompile the source code.
    Note that Voodoo uses a 20MHz crystal, whereas the "Ready for PIC" board is wired for 8MHz.
    Also, you would not be able to fit the rest of the circuitry into the proto area.
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The Voodoo PCB has an ICSP connector so that you can flash the PIC directly without having to remove it. You just need a PICKit programmer. I used a PICKit 4, but 2 and 3 versions will also work.

    The 18F4520 and 18F45K22 are (I believe) pin compatible, but the hex code will not work on the 18F45K22 without recompiling. There may be other differences as well, such as register configurations. Without comparing the datasheets I cannot say for certain.
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    OK- I'll trawl through the datasheets later to understand the differences. You might have to be the test subject though, as I don't have an 18F45K22.
    These two PICs are very compatible (pin for pin the same) but there will be slight code differences.
    Once the Source code is available I can take a look and port to a newer PIC.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
    If you think the Voodoo project is based on target conductivity then you are mistaken.
    I haven't read from the beginning ,what is the basis for discrimination ? Very good project and for free it gives me a lot of doubt !
    I figured out what this was !

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    OK- I'll trawl through the datasheets later to understand the differences. You might have to be the test subject though, as I don't have an 18F45K22.
    Deal!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Orbit View Post
    My personal opinion that this is a waste of time nothing will be avant-garde!We say how much money and so much music!Based on conductivity never there will be no discrimination what you expect !it is only possible good discrimination to do on the basis of one patent from 2020 years and the name is a hybrid resonant pulse detector..
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
    If you think the Voodoo project is based on target conductivity then you are mistaken.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    My personal opinion that this is a waste of time nothing will be avant-garde!We say how much money and so much music!Based on conductivity never there will be no discrimination what you expect !it is only possible good discrimination to do on the basis of one patent from 2020 years and the name is a hybrid resonant pulse detector..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    George read this:


    Tell me if you can apply these changes into your setup and compile the same code for 18F45K22, since seems those are practically the same chips.
    That's how you will also provide more options and wider choice of mcu, for your project.
    OK- I'll trawl through the datasheets later to understand the differences. You might have to be the test subject though, as I don't have an 18F45K22.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Even if you order the book directly from amazon.com.au it stills ships from the U.S.A.?
    Does Amazon Australia not have the ability to print-on-demand?

    We dont know much about Amazon Australia, they are hard to deal with, who knows where our books come from, my book still says ordered and delivery date of late December indicates its coming from USA.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    No, i was thinking only to use this for flashing the hex code into mcu.
    Later on to take out mcu from it and put in on detector pcb.
    I was hoping that 18F45K22 and 18F4520 are compatible.
    MikroE is domestic company. But is hard to get anything free from them, except the mikroBootloader.
    I just try it, to remind myself, since i haven't been using this for long time.
    With mikroBootloader seems that i can flash any hex into chip.
    I am looking over the net for some free compiler to experiment further with this board and see what else i can do with it.
    So you think that 18F45K22 and 18F4520 are not fully compatible?
    The Voodoo PCB has an ICSP connector so that you can flash the PIC directly without having to remove it. You just need a PICKit programmer. I used a PICKit 4, but 2 and 3 versions will also work.

    The 18F4520 and 18F45K22 are (I believe) pin compatible, but the hex code will not work on the 18F45K22 without recompiling. There may be other differences as well, such as register configurations. Without comparing the datasheets I cannot say for certain.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    George read this:


    Tell me if you can apply these changes into your setup and compile the same code for 18F45K22, since seems those are practically the same chips.
    That's how you will also provide more options and wider choice of mcu, for your project.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    If you're referring to PI-5, then did you see this? -> PI-5 Working Version

    ok, very glad to see it before winter starts, so i can put my cold hands to the soldering iron next months

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    That board contains an 18F45K22. You could either replace the PIC with an 18F4520, or recompile the source code.
    Note that Voodoo uses a 20MHz crystal, whereas the "Ready for PIC" board is wired for 8MHz.
    Also, you would not be able to fit the rest of the circuitry into the proto area.
    No, i was thinking only to use this for flashing the hex code into mcu.
    Later on to take out mcu from it and put in on detector pcb.
    I was hoping that 18F45K22 and 18F4520 are compatible.
    MikroE is domestic company. But is hard to get anything free from them, except the mikroBootloader.
    I just try it, to remind myself, since i haven't been using this for long time.
    With mikroBootloader seems that i can flash any hex into chip.
    I am looking over the net for some free compiler to experiment further with this board and see what else i can do with it.
    So you think that 18F45K22 and 18F4520 are not fully compatible?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    ordered the book too, i hope the design works and not like some pi designs from ITMD Book
    If you're referring to PI-5, then did you see this? -> PI-5 Working Version

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    ordered the book too, i hope the design works and not like some pi designs from ITMD Book

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I am having this, would it be compatible?

    [ATTACH]53487[/ATTACH]


    https://www.mikroe.com/ready-pic
    That board contains an 18F45K22. You could either replace the PIC with an 18F4520, or recompile the source code.
    Note that Voodoo uses a 20MHz crystal, whereas the "Ready for PIC" board is wired for 8MHz.
    Also, you would not be able to fit the rest of the circuitry into the proto area.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X