Clear All

• That he has various tricks

Comment

• Originally posted by Orbit View Post
      That he has various tricks
      No tricks at all.

Let me remind you on your own statement from a moment ago:

Originally posted by Orbit View Post
      As we know, non-magnetic metal does not induce the magnetic field itself...
      If this is the truth; than how any other conventional VLF I/B & PI detectors do actually detects the "non-magnetic" metals ?

Comment

• It was rhetorical question, no need to answer.
        Point is that even a "non-magnetic" metals actually do carry certain magnetic features.
        Weak though.
        That's why there is TX circuit part on conventional metal detectors; to boos up such weak magnetic features at "non-magnetic" targets.
        "Non-magnetic" metal in close vicinity and presence of "magnetic" metal (or material) can adopt better magnetic features, temporary though.
        Temporary because; once you remove "magnetic" metal away: "non-magnetic" metal will lose its magnetic features and those will decay to previous natural state.

Comment

• Now back to main subject here.
          Could magnetometer be used to "locate" ("detect") precious metals? ("locate" and "detect" as indirectly, through analyzing the Earth magnetic field)
          Answer is yes. Conditionally yes.
          How?
          Again i will point on Anthony Clark's book.
          There are also numerous other books that deals with same problematic, but i will warmly suggest Clark's book because it is written so nice that even total layman can understand the points.

Comment

• My only question (as this approach is undeniably effective) is what would be the minimum detectable size (density,mass) for the targets?

Comment

• Originally posted by qute1 View Post
              My only question (as this approach is undeniably effective) is what would be the minimum detectable size (density,mass) for the targets?
              I can not claim something which i haven't experienced in practice, so i would rather stay away from any kind of promises.
              Yet, i can recall the time when i made Becker's magnetometer and went with it outdoor.
              Once i got pretty strong signal, progress bar scale on 70% on LCD. Checked the spot with VLF and nothing.
              Was curious enough to dig the spot. At ~75cm depth i discovered rusty piece of iron with sizes 12x4.5 cm.
              I was amazed.
              Orbit is right at some point; you can't "detect" coins and similar stuff directly with magnetometer. That's unbeatable truth.
              However... usually we do not search for modern stuff, made of pure alloys. Ancient artifacts are made of weaker alloys with huge percentage of impurities (iron oxide).
              Also ceramic and pottery plays huge role in such surveys. Ancient ceramics and pottery are also having iron oxide in larger percentage.
              Indirectly magnetometer can successfully be used to discover precious and desirable finds.
              Ancient Roman tombs, household pottery, hammered coin deposits in ceramic vessels, armory etc... those are pretty easy targets for magnetometer.
              That's why i suggested Anthony Clark's book. Very well explains such cases.

Comment

• Some Roman money from bronze contains iron if he is even better detected on the crowd I know this from experience .

Comment

• I am passionate ancient Roman coins hunter, for over the 30 years.
                  Most of the sites where i usually do hunt are plowed fields.
                  After 15-20 centuries of plowing and manuring the same soil; various chemical processes are occurring there.
                  Most of the coins situated in such soil are totally covered with oxides and calcite.
                  Actually; the main problem at collectors is the process of removing such layers and cleaning the coin without damaging it.
                  Conventional VLF I/B detectors are struggling to properly discriminate because of the oxide layers and calcite on such finds.
                  So many times i dug nice silver or gold coin with totally spurious and doubtful signal at my detector.
                  VDI numbers going crazy and mostly false at such cases. Audio is crackling and mostly indicating "bad iron" or so.
                  It is only the rich experience that makes the difference at such cases.
                  Obviously those are pretty "magnetic" situations, where magnetometer can do the job just fine.
                  It would be crazy to search with it for single coin, yet it is very effective if you search for coin deposits, lot of "magnetism" there.
                  Plowed fields, arable lands... usually are (and were back than) at low altitudes, along the river banks.
                  Meaning further that during the centuries river flooded many times, bringing more material, mud and finally risen the level on such soils.
                  Meaning further that many ancient settlements are completely buried in soil. In many cases well preserved and "conserved".
                  The most important factor and indicator in such cases is pottery, clay and ceramics.
                  If you discover clay&ceramics formations - you discovered all. You got a bingo!
                  Now this opens another hell interesting story; the clay baking process at ancient times.
                  How is done. What are the most interesting aspects of it. Chemical and thermal processes (Curie point and relation with Earth magnetic field, clay "memory" etc).
                  Hell of a story!
                  But it is redundant me to write novels here. There are books and books.
                  Just read!

Comment

• Working prototype:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Graphic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	352522

Comment

• Everything except the pipe is printed with 3D printer.
                      Joyful colors are result of not having proper filament color at the moments of finishing some parts.
                      Was not intention, pure coincidence.
                      Goal was to materialize it as prototype as soon as possible and start serious testings before the snow and cold.
                      Testings... so far so good!

Comment

• Whole project is on sale now.
                        Bunch of cheap yoyos tried to make with me sort of "partnership" so far.
                        Obviously expecting to get something for nothing, from me.
                        Not gonna happen.
                        So... whole project is finished, tested and on sale from now on.
                        Make no mistake to hope for a free lunch from me here.
                        Those times has passed long time ago.
                        Money in advance would be your only ticket for this boat.
                        As far as i am concerned; this topic is closed now.
                        Enjoy!
                        Cheers!
                        P.S.
                        Interested can contact me via email.

Comment

• In a spirit of coming holidays...

Comment

• Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                            Whole project is on sale now.
                            Not gonna happen.
                            Enjoy!
                            Cheers!
                            P.S.
                            Hallo,

I have sent you private e-mail. Please read.

Best regards,

Comment

• Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                              Whole project is on sale now.
                              Not gonna happen.
                              Enjoy!
                              Cheers!
                              P.S.
                              Looks very good Sir, I don't like bright colorful box, but that's just me.
                              You are right about the free lunch thing, I see too much disrespect for other people's work here on forum.
                              Some people take your work and spit on you afterwards.
                              Well done sir, I hope you succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbanner View Post
                                Looks very good Sir, I don't like bright colorful box, but that's just me.
                                You are right about the free lunch thing, I see too much disrespect for other people's work here on forum.
                                Some people take your work and spit on you afterwards.
                                Well done sir, I hope you succeed.

Not supposed to be that colorful. I agree. I had only short pieces of filaments with various colors at the time.
                                It is only one specimen, the "prototype".
                                Next ones will be in more uniform and acceptable colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X