Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    No target simulation. Change R11 to vary target time constant. L/R, 4uH/.1 ohm=40usecTC about the same as an aluminum soda can. Change L1(C par)to see coil resonance effect. Change R5 to damp coil with different C par. Playing with C par in spice, I'm guessing coil capacitance is a big reason coils act different. Adjusting R damping(R5) should solve the problem.

    Perfect thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    No I did n't compare amplifier... and i have mistake ,the problematic ic is the LME49990 ,not the LTE....

    Do you have a scope? I would be interested in seeing amplifier out, similar to reply 1207 with the two different amplifiers(LF357 and LME49990). It might be easier to answer your question with the scope pictures.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hi Green would you mind posting your spice file thanks,
    would be handy .
    No target simulation. Change R11 to vary target time constant. L/R, 4uH/.1 ohm=40usecTC about the same as an aluminum soda can. Change L1(C par)to see coil resonance effect. Change R5 to damp coil with different C par. Playing with C par in spice, I'm guessing coil capacitance is a big reason coils act different. Adjusting R damping(R5) should solve the problem.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    I would try with LT1363; I've played a bit with front end simulation and seems me promise but I haven't tried it with hardware yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by basellafe View Post
    Try lf356
    LF356.....why????
    I use LF357 with 20Mhz bandwidth but i am looking for something better, not for worst.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    I was thinking bias current but maybe not. Have you compared amplifier out with the LF357 and the LME49990. Including a LT spice simulation of what I think amplifier out might look like with no target and an aluminum soda can.

    No I did n't compare amplifier... and i have mistake ,the problematic ic is the LME49990 ,not the LTE....

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    May be LME49990 instead of LTE49990??
    If yes, consider that LME49990 has 22V/uS slew rate against 50V/uS of LF357...
    Yes its LME49990 (my mistake) but why don't work at all?? At afternoom i tried another one with the same bad results...

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    I was thinking bias current but maybe not. Have you compared amplifier out with the LF357 and the LME49990. Including a LT spice simulation of what I think amplifier out might look like with no target and an aluminum soda can.

    Hi Green would you mind posting your spice file thanks,
    would be handy .

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Also i tried 2 ICs LTE49990 at place of LF357 but did n't work at all. Any idea why??????
    May be LME49990 instead of LTE49990??
    If yes, consider that LME49990 has 22V/uS slew rate against 50V/uS of LF357...

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Also i tried 2 ICs LTE49990 at place of LF357 but did n't work at all. Any idea why??????
    I was thinking bias current but maybe not. Have you compared amplifier out with the LF357 and the LME49990. Including a LT spice simulation of what I think amplifier out might look like with no target and an aluminum soda can.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • basellafe
    replied
    Try lf356

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Also i tried 2 ICs LTE49990 at place of LF357 but did n't work at all. Any idea why??????

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It makes sense, TDI coil is concentric coplanar right?
    It's RX coil is smaller than at other two coils?
    Also i guess it is most precise in behavior, among all three coils, right?
    I did not check about discrimination or ferrous reject.
    Maybe later...
    I think that Commander and DIY coils needs a series resistor because they have smaller resistor than 1_Ohn that Hamid gives. Also if we see at waveforms we see that at these two coils there is something as small oscillation maybe from higher current.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Home made Basket 40cm coil (15.5")
    A=277 B=578 C=720
    Sens=15 delay=17 (11+6) Speed=10 GB=5
    It detects a 1Euro coin at 28cm and a soda can at 67cm with continued sound.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Whites TDI 12" Dual Field
    A=345 B=691 C=786
    Sens=15 delay=19 (14+6) Speed=10 GB=5
    It detects a 1Euro coin at 25cm and a soda can at 55cm with continued sound.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X