Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    ?

    :confused:
    Your 556 might be failured due previous mistake. This is oscillator setup,might be some failure arround it.First power supply and filters arround...???
    It is gonna be some job to find problem.
    I wish you luck and nervs.
    I also have problem.After a while i did some experiments more.My coil is detecting nice but on some pots. positions i gain strange sound.Double,poliharmonic sound??? It looks a bit unstabile...
    Geo give me a hint, i guess you can calculate inductance, i have former 26cm and wires 0,23mm and 0,35mm....270Hz, 1K2 damper.....What do you think?
    How many turns i need to make "calm" coil? Without ringing and singing?
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi esteban

    Hi Esteban. Yes i ll do what all good fellows are telling me.
    Best regards
    Nelson


    Hola Esteba. Si voy a hacer todo lo que los buenos muchachos me han indicado.
    Coordiales saludos
    Nelson


    Originally posted by Esteban View Post
    Nelson, check all the connections, but first clean very well and eliminate path of solder resin. With a magnifier see possible shortcircuit.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Delta pulse in sprint layout format

    I forgot. I have delta pulse pcb made on sprint layout software. This is the one made by KT315. Is this pcb ok or has some problems?
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Geo and thanks for your support.
    I think i ll star checking everyting again, because after listening to all yours supports, it must be something wrong with upper side PCB connections. So when i get everything connected i ll post what was wrong. I know is something that i made wrong.
    Regards and many thanks to all of you who help me, and when i get any doubs i ll post again.
    Nelson

    Leave a comment:


  • Esteban
    replied
    Nelson, check all the connections, but first clean very well and eliminate path of solder resin. With a magnifier see possible shortcircuit.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks

    Hi Geo and thanks for your support.
    I think i ll star checking everyting again, because after listening to all yours supports, it must be something wrong with upper side PCB connections. So when i get everything connected i ll post what was wrong. I know is something that i made wrong.
    Regards and many thanks to all of you who help me, and when i get any doubs i ll post again.
    Nelson


    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi Nelson. At my DP 556 is always cold. I don't understand what to looking for it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi Nelson. At my DP 556 is always cold. I don't understand what to looking for it?

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Delta Pulse problems

    Ivconic mi friend.
    Ok, what a terrible mistake i had done.
    Ivconic, i really whant to thank you to clear my wrong view of delta pulse.
    Today after my work i ll check the circuit again. When i place the coil without any resistor on the coil, DP started to work, but IRF 740 got very warm and also i burn LM556 that now i replaced with NE556.
    Tell me if is normal that LM556 gets a little warm?
    Yesterday i did´t have any signal when i measured with my EMF detector. Before i have done the mistake with the 2.2 K resistor in series, the detector had very stong field and also the coil had a loud tone sound. Now everything looks dead. Also the red led (VD16), never ligths on, it ligths a few seconds when you turn of the detector.
    Well this looks that will be a big work for me.
    In advance many thanks and best wishes to you mi friend.
    Nelson
    Santiago-CHILE
    SA.


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    :confused:
    Nelson,friend, you made terrible mistake!
    You are confusing "dumping" resistor with serial (with coil) resistor!
    Dumper or dumping resistor is already on schematic,valued as 2K2. Of
    course this is not obligated value, depends of coil type mostly.
    But "serial" resistor is not sketched on schematic! This probably
    confused you?
    Dupming resistor should have values not less than 400-800 ohms and not
    higher than 2K2 or 2K7 in 99% of cases.
    "Serial" resistor should be just few ohms, if needed at all. If you
    made coil with resistance over 4-6 ohms, you wont need to even think
    about "serial" resistor at all.I made more coils without to use any
    extra resistance in serie, just a few with serial resistor...so far.
    Another possible problem of yours,might be bad pcb!? You should respect
    pcb that KT315 posted some time ago here.Geo too.
    It is double-sided pcb,although top side is not complex at all.
    I do draw my pcb's manually,it is not so hard.Vias are thick enough,
    not a big deal to draw it slowly and carefully with thin marker.
    We can talk here endless about possible problems that you have with
    your DP, but first you have to be sure that your pcb has no mistakes at
    all!
    I can asure you that mentioned pcb is accurate, it works for me for the
    fifth time. Only connection between 2. and 6. pin on 555 is missing.
    I used simple wire and soldered over ic, and connect those pins. Not a
    big deal.
    Do some checkings, than we can easy help you to fix it.
    best regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    more...

    :confused:
    Nelson,friend, you made terrible mistake!
    You are confusing "dumping" resistor with serial (with coil) resistor!
    Dumper or dumping resistor is already on schematic,valued as 2K2. Of
    course this is not obligated value, depends of coil type mostly.
    But "serial" resistor is not sketched on schematic! This probably
    confused you?
    Dupming resistor should have values not less than 400-800 ohms and not
    higher than 2K2 or 2K7 in 99% of cases.
    "Serial" resistor should be just few ohms, if needed at all. If you
    made coil with resistance over 4-6 ohms, you wont need to even think
    about "serial" resistor at all.I made more coils without to use any
    extra resistance in serie, just a few with serial resistor...so far.
    Another possible problem of yours,might be bad pcb!? You should respect
    pcb that KT315 posted some time ago here.Geo too.
    It is double-sided pcb,although top side is not complex at all.
    I do draw my pcb's manually,it is not so hard.Vias are thick enough,
    not a big deal to draw it slowly and carefully with thin marker.
    We can talk here endless about possible problems that you have with
    your DP, but first you have to be sure that your pcb has no mistakes at
    all!
    I can asure you that mentioned pcb is accurate, it works for me for the
    fifth time. Only connection between 2. and 6. pin on 555 is missing.
    I used simple wire and soldered over ic, and connect those pins. Not a
    big deal.
    Do some checkings, than we can easy help you to fix it.
    best regards!

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Huh!

    !

    Thanks Amtech 2005!
    "Buster is..."
    When i am tired...i am really,really tired! Ha,ha,ha....
    I spend few days repairing some damn TV set.Changed everything arround
    flyback....Nothing! After few days i found out that "buster" capacitor
    lost capacitance....Sheeesh!!! Easiest posiblle mischief!
    That's why i have "buster" word on my mind constantly!?
    I am buster...busted by "buster"!? Sheeesh!
    Well,
    I found out what was the problem with Treshold knob!
    Damn potentiometer(10K) was broken inside!? It supposed to be brand
    new? I just bought it in the store!I do not have another with same
    value so i put 22K....It is working fine,although when reach the max.
    end coils stops detecting? But only last milimeter of scale...No big
    deal for now,until find another new 10K...
    DP now works even better! Frequency is 270Hz now,dumper is 1K2.
    I also rearrange new coil. 26cm diamm, 0.23mm wire,25 windings...
    It can detect 2 cm coin now on 35 cm distance...maybe even more if
    adjust all properly.
    Geo was very right! Dumper resistor has not noticeable influence on
    overall behavior on lower frequencies. I had to rise frequency to
    270Hz, than to experiment with dumper values, and observe, and
    quite differences occured than!? Bravo Geo!
    Now is very easy to adjust coil,dumper and few more things.All changes
    and adjustments are easy appreciable, even without scope.
    Overall performances also rised now.
    To those who just started making DP, i suggest to start with higher
    frequencies,let's say 300-500Hz. It is much easier to understand how
    it supposed to work.Later,when experienced a bit, they can switch to
    some lower frequency, let's say 150-100Hz...
    Dumper should not exceed upper than 1K5 and lower than 860ohm for now.
    Later (even better if use scope) man can experiment with other values.
    Of course dumper value is directly dependable of coil and its datas...
    So it means(for the start) higher frequency,thin wire(0.2-0.3mm) and
    smaller diammeters of coil(18-28cm)...It showed as easier way to me.
    Again bbsailor explained this much detailed and better than me, so i
    suggest to everyone,first to read his article than to experiment further.
    Regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bbsailor
    replied
    5 Ohm Damping Resistor

    Nelson,

    If you use a coil that is 1.8 ohms and a 5 ohm damping resistor, your current fall time will take 360 ms and you will miss all targets and generate a lot of heat in the coil, damping resistor and MOSFET.

    The 5 ohm damping resistor value is wrong.

    Look at all the PI schematics on the Geotech web site and see that most coil damping resistors are between about 400 and 1000 ohms.

    The damping resistor is the resistor that is in parallel with the coil.

    I believe this 5 ohm damping resistor, that you are using, is one of your problems.

    Post the schematic of the PI metal detector that you are building so we can help.


    bbsailor

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    bbsailor, i forgot to check this out.
    Yes the damping resistor is 5 ohms and the coil 1.8 ohms.You said that the damping resistor must be btw 500 ohms and 1 K. So if i use the 5 ohms damping resistor, what can work wrong ?
    regards.
    Nelson

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    My Delta Pulse pictures

    hera are pictures of my DP.
    Nelson


    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi again, well i have check my delta pulse and i found some missed conections that by now are connected.
    Has i said, the detector has power on the coil (440 mH). No metal detection. Coil resistance 1.8 ohms. Damping resistor 3 ohms. Sometimes sound comes on with a high tone that is decresing to the point you can get a little cliking and varing it with TRSHOLD. But sometimes you don´t get the sound thru the speaker. it looks that this happends after the detector is unpluged from the batery for a while. Also when the sound comes, it feels a little unstability.
    I haven´t check pin 1 of IC 5 jet.
    I also replacedIC 8 and IC 9, but nothing really change.
    I m not electronics expert, this is just a hobby for me, so i really need more details from the circuit. I also traid to see the pictures publish on the forun, to see if i had made any mistakes when i conected the capacitors polarity and diodes polarities. I m really turning confusing with this project, so any experience like geo and Ivconic will be very appeciated.
    ivconic, i also tried to follow some pictures and after that i burn LM 556, that now is NE 556.
    I forgot to said, that this is a one side PCB, that i had fixed with jumpers to get a two side kind PCB. By now i m still cheking if i had made a bad or missed connection, but for me everything looks like a good job.
    In advance, many thanks
    Nelson
    Santiago-CHILE
    SA
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    My delta pulse not working good

    Hi again, well i have check my delta pulse and i found some missed conections that by now are connected.
    Has i said, the detector has power on the coil (440 mH). No metal detection. Coil resistance 1.8 ohms. Damping resistor 3 ohms. Sometimes sound comes on with a high tone that is decresing to the point you can get a little cliking and varing it with TRSHOLD. But sometimes you don´t get the sound thru the speaker. it looks that this happends after the detector is unpluged from the batery for a while. Also when the sound comes, it feels a little unstability.
    I haven´t check pin 1 of IC 5 jet.
    I also replacedIC 8 and IC 9, but nothing really change.
    I m not electronics expert, this is just a hobby for me, so i really need more details from the circuit. I also traid to see the pictures publish on the forun, to see if i had made any mistakes when i conected the capacitors polarity and diodes polarities. I m really turning confusing with this project, so any experience like geo and Ivconic will be very appeciated.
    ivconic, i also tried to follow some pictures and after that i burn LM 556, that now is NE 556.
    I forgot to said, that this is a one side PCB, that i had fixed with jumpers to get a two side kind PCB. By now i m still cheking if i had made a bad or missed connection, but for me everything looks like a good job.
    In advance, many thanks
    Nelson
    Santiago-CHILE
    SA

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    My delta pulse not working good

    Hi again, well i have check my delta pulse and i found some missed conections that by now are connected.
    Has i said, the detector has power on the coil (440 mH). No metal detection. Coil resistance 1.8 ohms. Damping resistor 3 ohms. Sometimes sound comes on with a high tone that is decresing to the point you can get a little cliking and varing it with TRSHOLD. But sometimes you don´t get the sound thru the speaker. it looks that this happends after the detector is unpluged from the batery for a while. Also when the sound comes, it feels a little unstability.
    I haven´t check pin 1 of IC 5 jet.
    I also replacedIC 8 and IC 9, but nothing really change.
    I m not electronics expert, this is just a hobby for me, so i really need more details from the circuit. I also traid to see the pictures publish on the forun, to see if i had made any mistakes when i conected the capacitors polarity and diodes polarities. I m really turning confusing with this project, so any experience like geo and Ivconic will be very appeciated.
    ivconic, i also tried to follow some pictures and after that i burn LM 556, that now is NE 556.
    I forgot to said, that this is a one side PCB, that i had fixed with jumpers to get a two side kind PCB. By now i m still cheking if i had made a bad or missed connection, but for me everything looks like a good job.
    In advance, many thanks
    Nelson
    Santiago-CHILE
    SA

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi. Delta Pulse is a low frequency detector. It is not optimised for small objects (large delay time). It is optimised to work with large coil for large objects. My DP is very good at large objects (with large coil) but medium at coins (with 10in coil). If you want a PI for coins then make it at 400Hz and try to change the delay time or (better) build an other detector. As i know (from your letters) all you are interesting for large coils so you want the detector for large objects. I believe that there is not a general purpose detector with perfect performance.
    Ivconic Hi. My friend put more turns. DP needs a coil at least 600..700uH. The 1x1m coil from Mikron is about 1mH.
    As for table from 1843 .... what to say. I think that are the best distances for every object that can be detect by a PI detector.
    Sorry i have not a so good detector.
    SO......:confused:
    My REGARDS

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X