Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer with discrimination "Cat-FM" on ATMega328P

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Ok, but I bought the same passive piezo as the one used and linked by Void118 and I can't get it to work? There are 3 terminals on it. GND, VCC AND I/O. When I connect the GND and VCC to the Cat fm,,,,nothing? Where shoud the I/O be connected please? Regards, Marty.
    Vcc on bat+
    I/o you need connect this to atmega328 sound pin

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Ok, but I bought the same passive piezo as the one used and linked by Void118 and I can't get it to work? There are 3 terminals on it. GND, VCC AND I/O. When I connect the GND and VCC to the Cat fm,,,,nothing? Where shoud the I/O be connected please? Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi Useus. Have you tried this little circuit? It is a Passive piezo driver circuit. The C8550 Can be substituted for BC557. Regards, Marty
    You don't need this circuit on cat fm

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi Useus. Have you tried this little circuit? It is a Passive piezo driver circuit. The C8550 Can be substituted for BC557. Regards, Marty
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    follow this pattern otherwise you may have the same problems I had

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Schematic_Cat_FM_328P-PU.png
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	361456

    it remains to understand which 33nf capacitor to use, the one I use at the moment is the most stable with temperature changes but I have to find a better one, I have no idea which model to use

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    Watch the video. 1.52 the high-pitched sound without target does it even after turning it on after a minute, it sounds like a loss of power because when I bring it back the target sounds closer than the first time and when it moves away it makes a high-pitched sound.
    With 1.2 this problem does not

    Test Used two batteries fully charged and psu. Same result every time

    https://youtu.be/hKJARVUGyh0

    it seems that I have solved the problem, some capacitors need to be replaced and added. there are differences between atmega328p-au and atmega328p-pu regarding power supply.
    I will have to redesign the pcb and the scheme, it must be taken into consideration

    Leave a comment:


  • Bai Borko
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruben2000 View Post
    Hello Bai Borko !!
    Nice design, but take void118's advice into account; that the 33n capacitor should be as close to the coil as possible.
    CAT.FM.v1.2.1..rar

    Hello Ruben,

    here is the updated version v1.2.1 with void118's recommendations. It can be placed different sizes 33n capacitor.

    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Bai Borko View Post
    Hi Ruben,

    i made little changes on your pcb and add 10 pin ISP interface for quick programing of the microcontroller.

    cheers!


    Hello Bai Borko !!
    Nice design, but take void118's advice into account; that the 33n capacitor should be as close to the coil as possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Useus. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi Useus. What type of 33nf capacitor are you using at the moment? Is it a box capacitor or some other? Thanks, Marty.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210520_194604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	361447
    CBB

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi Useus. What type of 33nf capacitor are you using at the moment? Is it a box capacitor or some other? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    Are you serious?
    Watch the video. 1.52 the high-pitched sound without target does it even after turning it on after a minute, it sounds like a loss of power because when I bring it back the target sounds closer than the first time and when it moves away it makes a high-pitched sound.
    With 1.2 this problem does not

    Test Used two batteries fully charged and psu. Same result every time

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    Are you serious?
    yes I'm serious, with 1.2 it doesn't sound, with 1.51 it sounds very often and the calibration needs to be redone.


    then I did some tests with 33nf capacitors, the green one is not good because it feels too much temperature change so I replaced it. improved with a different capacitor but the problem persists with firmware 1.51. with 1.2 everything ok

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    what you earn you share with me since I'm testing it on the pitch


    I went back to firmware 1.2 even if the detection is less, I completely fixed the sound without target and without shielding the coil.


    at this point something is wrong with firmware 1.51
    Are you serious?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Bai, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X