Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello i measured pin 6 of NE 5534 (Testpoint 2) first test for my new poscope mega1+
    and just want to know if that what i can see is good or not
    i suppose it is the pulse and the falling side says damping resistor is nearly ok?
    right? thx
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pin6 ne5534 damping.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	334768
    kind regards

    Leave a comment:


  • nando.22
    replied
    What depth detector THAT That Enough

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by nando.22 View Post
    qual profundidade que esse detector chega
    Please read the forum rules and make your posts in English ->
    Compared to some of the other Treasure & Metal Detecting forums, you will find my rules to be rather simple. I pay for this web site, 100%. I do not accept advertising money from anyone, therefore I do not answer to anyone. Everyone is invited to be candid. However, Be polite. Write messages as if you are standing in

    Leave a comment:


  • nando.22
    replied
    qual profundidade que esse detector chega

    Leave a comment:


  • konan
    replied
    It was bad cabel from PCB to potentiometer...

    Leave a comment:


  • Gorango
    replied
    Originally posted by konan View Post
    Thanks I resolv problem.
    It would be nice if you share with us how did you solv the problem,just in case if someone else have the same trouble.

    Leave a comment:


  • konan
    replied
    Thanks I resolv problem.

    I have another question for all, what values surf pi mast have on TP, I asume that surf must have this on TP2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	334459

    What is with others TP ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gorango
    replied
    Originally posted by konan View Post
    I have a problem, I made surf pi about year ago it work well bat sadnely treshold potentiometer has stop working. So now detector work with pore performancy, I change potrntiometer but stell dont work. I change lm358 and 4066, 4093 bat nothing chage... Any sugestion?
    Did you check your coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • konan
    replied
    I have a problem, I made surf pi about year ago it work well bat sadnely treshold potentiometer has stop working. So now detector work with pore performancy, I change potrntiometer but stell dont work. I change lm358 and 4066, 4093 bat nothing chage... Any sugestion?

    Leave a comment:


  • andva
    replied
    Hi All!

    I've built the Surf Pi detector. Coil is 0.56mm enameled copper wire, diameter 10", 26 turns. Resistance is about 1.7 Ohms. The pulses are 34us long. The PCB is Surf XX design of ApBerg. Almost every function works fine, but I have two problems.

    The first is: I'm not sure if the delay works properly. If I'm right, this function is theoretically for distinguish between the large and small objects. If I turn the delay potentiometer, there is no change in detection range of small or big targets (in air test). Where should I check it out by oscilloscope and how could I make the delay work?

    The other thing is the false signals caused by wet grass or snow. The machine does not detect the ground, but wet grass often disturbs it. The coil is wound of enameled copper wire on a plywood form and is not shielded. The false signals also appear when I touch the coil with my hand (no sound when touched with plastic or wood). I guess the coil capacitance might be too high because of the too close windings. Did anyone experience the same problem? Should i make an other coil using pvc coated wire? May this coil affect delay function?

    Thank you for your help!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gorango
    replied
    Thank you very much Davor

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Seek CD4093

    Leave a comment:


  • Gorango
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorango View Post
    Hi ppl,can someone help me? I can't find MC14093B nowhere. Is there anything else i could use?
    BTW i will use 18awg wire for my coil,is it too thick?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gorango
    replied
    Hi ppl,can someone help me? I can't find MC14093B nowhere. Is there anything else i could use?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    You could make a close up photo of your surf. There might be something that someone will see in it to correct your problem.

    Turning the P1 to produce a square is not a solution. Check if anything is heating.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X